Implanon Birth Control

Implanon Birth Control

Posted in the Valdese Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ZoeH

United States

#1 Mar 19, 2013
Does anyone know about the IUD type BC, Implanon? I had Implanon inserted after my youngest child was born (she was 6wks), this was in 2007. Implanon last for 3 years so it should of been removed in 2010, however I didn't have it removed due to cost and didn't think a lot about it. My new husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now, with no luck. I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with this birth control and knows if it simply dissolves or loses the contraceptive potency (if you will), or if you have to get it removed in order to conceive? Thanks.
kcarter

West Jefferson, NC

#3 Mar 19, 2013
Are u married to a Greek man? Using the right hole?
reprono

Lenoir, NC

#4 Mar 19, 2013
ZoeH wrote:
Does anyone know about the IUD type BC, Implanon? I had Implanon inserted after my youngest child was born (she was 6wks), this was in 2007. Implanon last for 3 years so it should of been removed in 2010, however I didn't have it removed due to cost and didn't think a lot about it. My new husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months now, with no luck. I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with this birth control and knows if it simply dissolves or loses the contraceptive potency (if you will), or if you have to get it removed in order to conceive? Thanks.
if, in fact, you do have an IUD, you won't be able to have a successful pregnancy until it is removed. The whole purpose of the IUD is to prevent implantation of the fertilized egg into the endometrial lining of the uterus. The uterus will stay irritated until removal occurs.
If the BC is an IUD and it has been in that long, you may not ever be able to conceive. IUD's do cause scar tissue to form.

Curious

West Jefferson, NC

#5 Mar 19, 2013
Just wondering: If you didn't have it removed because of the cost, how can you afford a baby? I'm not sure how much the removal is, but I'm pretty sure raising a child is way more expensive.
Curious

West Jefferson, NC

#6 Mar 19, 2013
My theory: Medicaid paid for your baby to be born and you continue to receive medicaid for a few months after the birth. Therefore, it also paid for your birth control. Three years later, you don't have insurance so you refuse to pay your own way and put your body at risk by leaving a useless foreign object in there. But wait, if you get pregnant again, the government can pay for you to have another baby and they might even remove that implant from your arm. WINNING!
Yetti

Lenoir, NC

#7 Mar 19, 2013
Implanon is not an IUD; it's a small implant that goes under the skin in your upper arm. It loses its efficiency after 3 years & shouldn't prevent you from getting pregnant (after 3 years), but be a big girl and go get it taken out. They tell you to take them out for a reason and if you're not getting something that simple taken care of...well, maybe you're not responsible enough to have another child.

Not trying to sound rude and judgmental - just being honest.
Ab bee

Lenoir, NC

#8 Mar 19, 2013
Yikes!
Tish

Hudson, NC

#9 Mar 19, 2013
Ab bee wrote:
Yikes!
Your mom should have used an IUD.
A coat hanger!!!
Ab bee

Lenoir, NC

#10 Mar 19, 2013
Grow up. Seriously - why are you so absolutely obsessed with me? I mean, it's flattering that you spend so much time stalking me on this forum and always trying to keep a conversation going, and even that you've stolen my moniker. I appreciate the devotion and attention! Perhaps you just need a friend. I can be a friend in real life, if you'd like. ;)
Tish

Hudson, NC

#11 Mar 19, 2013
Ab bee wrote:
Grow up. Seriously - why are you so absolutely obsessed with me? I mean, it's flattering that you spend so much time stalking me on this forum and always trying to keep a conversation going, and even that you've stolen my moniker. I appreciate the devotion and attention! Perhaps you just need a friend. I can be a friend in real life, if you'd like. ;)
Sorry, I don't do fat chic's.
Ab bee

Lenoir, NC

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Nor do you "do" proper English, but that's okay!

Do you want my phone number? I think you really need a friend. I mean - I know how much I mean to you, since you're tracking every comment I make on here. It is really heartwarming and all...but you seem lonely and bored with life. We can go fishing and you can tell me about your lack of a happy childhood.
Tish

Hudson, NC

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Sorry, but you've struck out again chubby.
But keep them chin's up, I'm sure there's a smelly lonely little Mexican somewhere that would love to hook up with a retarded Pinocchio nosed fat gal and her welfare check.
Ab bee

Lenoir, NC

#14 Mar 19, 2013
Just a point - when the only way you can argue is to insult a person's weight/age/gender/race/disabil ity/etc...then it's very telling of your lack of intelligence. I really hope you learn to how speak like an adult and strengthen your argument.
Tish

Hudson, NC

#15 Mar 20, 2013
flAb bee wrote:
Just a point - when the only way you can argue is to insult a person's weight/age/gender/race/disabil ity/etc...then it's very telling of your lack of intelligence. I really hope you learn to how speak like an adult and strengthen your argument.
There is nothing positive about you, so when speaking to someone like you I just keep pointing out why you are shunned, But I guess you're one of them proud fat gals that believes what her mama told her about beauty being skin deep. Mama lied!!!
momof2

United States

#16 Mar 20, 2013
Wow, someone ask a simple question and you guys (most o you) are like a school of Piranhas ready to pounce, pathetic. As for you Tish, don't be so nasty, you must have an awfully depressing life, at least Ab bee tried to offer her friendship. Sounds like you could use it. And, Curious,stop being a bully, my theory: you'r lonely and hate your life.
Curious

West Jefferson, NC

#17 Mar 20, 2013
Everyone is entitled to their own theories, doesn't make them right (mine nor yours). A true bully would tell everyone who started this discussion and who changed their name to defend them. That I won't do, but my theory is based on knowledge. Yours, on the other hand, is based on hurt feelings. Does Buffalo Cove not register on topix? Is that why all your posts are United States?
Tish

Hudson, NC

#18 Mar 20, 2013
Curious wrote:
Everyone is entitled to their own theories, doesn't make them right (mine nor yours). A true bully would tell everyone who started this discussion and who changed their name to defend them. That I won't do, but my theory is based on knowledge. Yours, on the other hand, is based on hurt feelings. Does Buffalo Cove not register on topix? Is that why all your posts are United States?
Hahaha
You noticed that too I see. Actually this is the second thread that she has done this on.
Tish

Hudson, NC

#19 Mar 20, 2013
momof2 wrote:
Wow, someone ask a simple question and you guys (most o you) are like a school of Piranhas ready to pounce, pathetic. As for you Tish, don't be so nasty, you must have an awfully depressing life, at least Ab bee tried to offer her friendship. Sounds like you could use it. And, Curious,stop being a bully, my theory: you'r lonely and hate your life.
When someone has to talk to them self just to have a friend now that's a depressing life. Wait a minute you aren't your own fiance too are you??? ROTFLMAO
Curious

West Jefferson, NC

#20 Mar 20, 2013
Too Funny! Did you notice how the fiancÚ quickly became the new husband on this post too? I wonder what happened to her "not wasting time posting on here" again. Then she posted all day long......and we're the ones who hate our depressing lives, makes sense=)
Curious

West Jefferson, NC

#21 Mar 20, 2013
Oh, and pouncing piranhas? Can you even pounce without feet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Multiculturism Is A Failure 10 min Blue Triangle 114
Chained up dogs 22 min sarabella 44
"I Always Feel Somebody Is Watching Me" 1 hr sarabella 1
Houston eliminates veteran homelessness 2 hr sarabella 2
Bruce Jenner 2 hr sarabella 14
Who Do You Support For Senate In NC in 2014 (Sep '14) 3 hr TSF 10,314
Baltimore reaps what it has sown 4 hr Michelle 104
More from around the web

Valdese People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]