Aldi treat employees awful
siso bandido

Maiden, NC

#23 Dec 8, 2012
why don't you both stuff it up your asses?
lopper2280

Australia

#25 Dec 25, 2012
Aldi is huge company
monopoli in itself
If two small privately owned shops fix prices
It is illegal.
Aldi has thousands of shops.
price fixing between Aldi shops is not illegal.
Anon

Worthing, UK

#26 Jan 6, 2013
I agree. Aldi treats employers with no respect. The pay is good but they bloody bully you for it. The hours are horrible! And somedays you don't even know when you'll finish! As they make you stay until everything is done despite you having already even worked 12 hours with only a half hour break. It's bloody ridiculous. I hate the place! They're always recruiting because no one wants to stay. And the people that do have no choice as they don't speak English well.
Pissed trucker

Presto, PA

#27 Jul 4, 2013
If u are a trucker do not deliver to them they put no parking signs on street then call the cops on u if u are waiting to deliver guard told me what they do is split the parking ticket pd dept gets half aldi gets half boycott it don't deliver there
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#28 Jul 5, 2013
Pissed trucker wrote:
If u are a trucker do not deliver to them they put no parking signs on street then call the cops on u if u are waiting to deliver guard told me what they do is split the parking ticket pd dept gets half aldi gets half boycott it don't deliver there
If you are delivering to the store, why would you park on the street, let alone in a no-parking zone?
Amy

United States

#29 Oct 5, 2013
Macie wrote:
I have heard that Aldi pays very good for cashier positions compared to the other grocery stores, and that they don't have to do as much, and the hours are better.
I believe that if I was lucky enough to have that job that I would keep my mouth shut. There are plenty of us out here that would gladly take it.
That is what you say right now. Not sure where you are getting your information from. Aldi cashiers do Everything. If they are not ringing up customers, they are running down an aisle to stock a pallet that has been left for them. Constant movement. No breaks. Store managers are pressured from district managers, who are pressured from directors, to push. They are robotic an have no feelings. They speak to you as if you are a child and belittle everything that you do. Of course, anyone should be happy to be employed. However, some employers, use the economy to their advantage. Aldi constantly threatens employment, both directly and indirectly. If you want to feel worthless, then by all means - do apply. Remember to repost your feelings a month into your employment.
Carolina Watchdog

Lenoir, NC

#30 Oct 6, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what you say right now. Not sure where you are getting your information from. Aldi cashiers do Everything. If they are not ringing up customers, they are running down an aisle to stock a pallet that has been left for them. Constant movement. No breaks. Store managers are pressured from district managers, who are pressured from directors, to push. They are robotic an have no feelings. They speak to you as if you are a child and belittle everything that you do. Of course, anyone should be happy to be employed. However, some employers, use the economy to their advantage. Aldi constantly threatens employment, both directly and indirectly. If you want to feel worthless, then by all means - do apply. Remember to repost your feelings a month into your employment.

Welcome to retail world - same deal where I have worked of 15+ years and am real happy to have a regular paycheck and health insurance. R U looking for unemployment in Caldwell County? Terrible place to be without a job.
Duh

Banner Elk, NC

#31 Oct 7, 2013
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're upset that your employer expects you to work for your paycheck? That is what they are paying you for, you aren't paying them to give you a self esteem boost. Perhaps you should go to work expecting to work.
angry and outraged

United States

#32 Nov 5, 2013
Mommy2randm wrote:
Anyone agree
YES
wondering

Black Mountain, NC

#33 Nov 6, 2013
i shopped at ALDI monday and was treated very bad by a manager named Heather for just asking a question about a product i needed. i did file a complaint with the corporate office about her. and another thing to is the shelves have empty boxes on them the produce is way down the coolers are almost bear and the dairy case is nasty. eggs are left sitting out on the floor and not put up in the dairy case this place needs a new manager and get rid of these two bid want to be managers

“Vote”

Since: May 12

Houston

#34 Nov 6, 2013
Been to Aldi a zillion times.Why? Because of WAL MART! Don't like the working conditions? They mean, hurt your feelings, maybe mom didn't hug you enough? Go to WAL MART! They are HORRIBLE TO WORK FOR! Fair Value is by far the best damn grocery store in lenoir. The aisles are big enough to maneuver in, store is spotless.They don't irradiate their meat before it gets to the store.Like WAL Mart does.
truth hurts

United States

#35 Dec 2, 2013
wondering wrote:
i shopped at ALDI monday and was treated very bad by a manager named Heather for just asking a question about a product i needed. i did file a complaint with the corporate office about her. and another thing to is the shelves have empty boxes on them the produce is way down the coolers are almost bear and the dairy case is nasty. eggs are left sitting out on the floor and not put up in the dairy case this place needs a new manager and get rid of these two bid want to be managers
Hello that's because all the good workers are gone because of being treated like crap by smarta**, think they know it all, bullying chubbies, who by the way don't do nothing but b*itch and stab each other in the back. ALL NEED A GOOD A**WHOOPING. And I'm referring to Manager Tiffany, & Shift managers Heather and Lori. They ran all the good help off and should be reeping what they've sown. KEEP REPORTING THE BAD BEHAVIOR! Hopefully soon they will get the demons out of there. And who cares if they're rolling their eyes and talking about how bad you smell and look (YOU, THE CUSTOMER) I mean what you don't know won't hurt you, right?
Zacahry

Lebanon, TN

#36 Jan 9, 2014
Macie wrote:
I have heard that Aldi pays very good for cashier positions compared to the other grocery stores, and that they don't have to do as much, and the hours are better.
I believe that if I was lucky enough to have that job that I would keep my mouth shut. There are plenty of us out here that would gladly take it.
I'm disagreeing with the not doing as much part. It's a great company to work for but they make you work for your pay for sure.
Zacahry

Lebanon, TN

#37 Jan 9, 2014
Macie wrote:
Macie aldi has a high turn over rate. So if you're lucky enough to get the job I'll happily watch you crash and burn or feel horrible for how you're working so hard. Understand peoples roles before you tell them to shut their mouth
In the know

Guyton, GA

#38 Jan 10, 2014
see wrote:
<quoted text>If you talk the way you type please don't get a job there.the pay is a lot more than 10 an hr.Try 18.50 .The girls who check you out are as nice as can be and have never heard one complain about anything except all the foodstamps people are getting .Then get into a new car.Now that is something to complain about.
Yeah I was there last Friday and observed a lady with a slew of kids and two buggies almost overflowing with groceries. Yep you guessed it .. EBT. Then she proceeds to the parking lot to load her free ride into a vehicle valued at around 20k. It was hard to say nothing as I loaded my half buggy into my well used vehicle of which I had to work for and pay cash. Glad to know I get up and go to work and draw my taxed to death pay check so I can go to Aldi's and watch others freely spend what the government has confiscated for those of us who still believe in working for a living.
Zacahry

Lebanon, TN

#39 Jan 10, 2014
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I was there last Friday and observed a lady with a slew of kids and two buggies almost overflowing with groceries. Yep you guessed it .. EBT. Then she proceeds to the parking lot to load her free ride into a vehicle valued at around 20k. It was hard to say nothing as I loaded my half buggy into my well used vehicle of which I had to work for and pay cash. Glad to know I get up and go to work and draw my taxed to death pay check so I can go to Aldi's and watch others freely spend what the government has confiscated for those of us who still believe in working for a living.
You think that's bad try working there then getting disrespected by them while having to wear a smile. I don't know how I hold myself together sometimes watching people like that take so much for granted.
slave to society

Guildford, UK

#40 Jan 19, 2014
Macie wrote:
don't have to do much? Are you kidding. Get a job at your local store and you'll see hoe wrong you are!
The Truth

Trenton, NJ

#41 Jan 26, 2014
Let me clear the air and speak the truth. First, starting pay for NYC cashiers is $12.50 an hour, I don't know about other markets. And we do way more than sit down and ring up orders. We arrive at 5am, and unload 10 or more pallets of frozen, cooler, dairy and produce. The person doing the freezer spends from 5am to 9am in the freezer at -10 degrees. Taking all the old stuff out and rotating it. Then we stock all the shelves, and continuously throughout the day we fix the shelves (called boxing), clean and maintain the store. When there is a line, the main cashier rings the bell and we have to drop what we are doing and run to the register. We are timed on how long it takes to scan the items, how many voids we have and returns. So when you customers get to the checkout and decide you no longer want an item, that affects our performance in a negative way. When you stand there looking for exact change, taking your time, that too, affects us negatively. Every two weeks we have evaluations based on those benchmarks, and some cahiers get fired for poor performance if voids are too high or too many returns. Then, the manager is constantly riding us to unload the truck faster, to ring up faster. They don't acknowledge you are a human. Days off requests are always ignored, and the reason is "the needs of the store couldn't allow you that day off". You are expected to clock in 5 minutes prior to your posted time, and if you clock in even two minutes past your time you are written up by the DM. There is no smiling, no good morning, how are you, when you arrive at work. The culture and environment is that which creates a dreadful feeling. If you ask the manager a question, he looks at you, totally ignores you, and walks away while you are still talking. Everyday is felt to be your last day, as it is a constant fear for your job. They may pay more than other places, but the workload is triple, and there is no feeling of being part of a team. They lead by fear and intimidation. We are terrified we will lose our jobs at any given moment. The plus side is we are able to contribute to the 401k plan and we receive medical and dental benefits as well, which is great. All in all, Aldi is just a job. Nothing to say,'I love coming to work". In fact, the opposite. The grass isn't always greener on the other side, trust me. I regret leaving my job to come work here. The pay is higher, but the quality of life is non existent. They also change your schedule mid week without notifying, or even asking you. And if you didn't know about the change and arrive late, you get written up. I hate to say this next line, but I really do see how the Germans (Aldi is a German company) are arrogant and disrespectful, and they feel better than everyone else. I feel like this is a Nazi camp, and Aldi's is Hitler. I really mean that. Working for the Germans made me realize how that same attitude is what drove them to believe in and follow Hitler. I know it sounds crazy and even stupid to compare a job to a ruthless dictator, but the mentality of the manager and DM is like Hitler.
BigJohnson

Lenoir, NC

#42 Jan 26, 2014
In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get any cheese with your whine? Poor little girl.
ex employye

Hollywood, FL

#43 Apr 8, 2014
ALDI SUCKS! Don't work there. They are corrupt and use mean tricks. Very few last a long time with the company

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Valdese Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary laughed about getting child rapist off. 4 min Glenda 4
Clinton Aide: Hillary shyts herself in public. 22 min Glenda 5
How Clinton will destroy your 2nd Amendment RIG... 31 min Glenda 6
Iraq and the U.S. agreed for more troops in Iraq. 50 min Glenda 25
Christians supporting Hillary are sinning again... 1 hr Wondering 12
Welcome to Hillary's Police State. 1 hr Glenda 4
Brandy Stapleton 2 hr ihateidiots 66

Valdese Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance