Widget

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Does any one know the status of the Mercado del Lago and Houghton Town Center construction projects?
Joe

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2011

LOL. I gave up asking those questions two years ago. So don't get your hopes up. Last I heard was that Safeway owns the land and refuses to sell it any other developers. The environmentalists are made the folks building the Home Depot jump through hoops for years.
Alison

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2011

Yeah...I heard the same thing after calling the number on the signs posted on the lot. It may never happen if the economy doesn't improve.
bob

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2011

Widget wrote:
Does any one know the status of the Mercado del Lago and Houghton Town Center construction projects?
I read in the weekly Vail paper that the building of Safeway is on and will start in 2013.
Chris

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

That's only 8 years after DR Horton told me it would be started. I need to see it to believe it.
Chris

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Just so people know...showing no interest is the quickest way to delay development in the area. These web sites should be littered with posts by folks from Vail. Get the word out in your neighborhood
Kelly

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Chris wrote:
Just so people know...showing no interest is the quickest way to delay development in the area. These web sites should be littered with posts by folks from Vail. Get the word out in your neighborhood
I couldn't agree more, this area is hurting for retail!!!!
BobD

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Vail needs retail ... the first stores in the area, especially grocery stores and banks, will make big bucks from a captive audience. Look at the success of Walgreens as an example.
BOB

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2012

They have already started work on the Walmart that is going in at the corner of Old Vail Rd & Houghton.
James

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

The corner of Old Vail and Houghton will be "Houghton Town Center". The Walmart will be going in on the corner of Golf links and Houghton. The HT Center will be retail and dining. 85 acres.
AdamM

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

The ground is being scraped on the SWC of Houghton/Old Vail. Cannot find anything else up-to-date on the web saying what we may expect to be built soon. Just about all the info available is pre-recession, but the fact that there is construction vehicles out there is a good sign.

Hoping for signs and advertisements show up near the property and online soon.
kiwi

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

http://www.johnwilsoncommercial.com/SE-Tucson...
I live in Rita Ranch and got this for development of the intersection at Houghton and Old Vail Rd,
KCAZ

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

I question the johnwilson site mentioned above. Chuys on Houghton is not open or listed on their site. I have seen many cars there during the day. So most real estate sites state that the Houghton Town Center is anchored by Home Depot not Walmart. It would be good to know.

wrr

Since: Aug 12

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Chuy's is open,been there twice for lunch and dinner,and it is listed on their site,in fact it has it's own sideline
KCAZ

Coronado Ntl Forest, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Wit: How was it? Still can't find their website....
Matt

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

KCAZ wrote:
I question the johnwilson site mentioned above. Chuys on Houghton is not open or listed on their site. I have seen many cars there during the day. So most real estate sites state that the Houghton Town Center is anchored by Home Depot not Walmart. It would be good to know.
Signs say Walmart.
KCAZ

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

The signs only just were posted. I have read in the Vail Voice that Walmart is the 2nd anchor at this location. I guess if it was my business I would have my signs up advertising coming soon before construction even started!
jha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2012

Judged:

It will be a 99k sq ft Walmart and Home Depotis still in talks. 45 acre retail with stand alone bldgs...likely some chain restaurants. Hopefully the new additions/competition will get Hot Rods to straighten up and serve better food, open the top floor more, and manage their staff.
dsp

Vail, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I would love to see a real chain restaurant outback, applebees, or something. My dream would be a movie theater complex with imax, so I wouldn't have to drive to town anymore.
shawna

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2013

Do far... Walmart, Discount Tire and Panda Express is going in. Wish I knew more...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Vail Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Vail People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••