At the site of her shooting, Gabby Gi...

At the site of her shooting, Gabby Giffords pushes gun control

There are 56 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 6, 2013, titled At the site of her shooting, Gabby Giffords pushes gun control. In it, CBS News reports that:

Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, left, shouts "fight, fight, fight" as she and husband, Mark Kelly, pump their fists together as they returned to the site of a shooting that left Giffords critically wounded on Wednesday, March 6, 2013, in Tucson, Ariz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#1 Mar 6, 2013
Yes, because something awful happened to me, we have to restrict all of you.

Could be argued that what Gifford's is doing is selfish.
Aria

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2013
Tardstronaut owns an Ar15. Hypocrisy!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#3 Mar 6, 2013
Some kid should have popped some bubble wrap in the crowd; that would have been funny as hell!
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#4 Mar 6, 2013
This woman is exploiting her experience. I am sorry she was wounded by a loony volunteer from her own office, but she cannot have the legal guns from the rest of America. She has become as loony as the nut who shot her.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#5 Mar 6, 2013
You think the guy who shot her concerned himself about following a 'gun law'??

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Mar 6, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
This woman is exploiting her experience. I am sorry she was wounded by a loony volunteer from her own office, but she cannot have the legal guns from the rest of America. She has become as loony as the nut who shot her.
Old Chinese proverb, don't throw out bowl of rice, because one grain not cooked. Just because one thing bad happened to Gifford, and actually has happened daily in Chicago for 30 years, doesn't change the constitution of why our founding fathers added the second amendment. Just as in those times, there is potential danger from the government, terrorist, gangbangers and thieves, nothing has changed. Just as in colonial times, we need what our enemies have as weapons or better or we are doing our families a diservice.

“My Commander-in-Chi ef!”

Since: Jun 07

Obama got Osama!

#7 Mar 6, 2013
I say the only compromise is if the gun laws stays the same then President Obama gets to send his killer Drone Army around the country to take out unpatriotic right-wing tea-baggers…
Fair?
DanielGagnon

Mound, MN

#8 Mar 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
I say the only compromise is if the gun laws stays the same then President Obama gets to send his killer Drone Army around the country to take out unpatriotic right-wing tea-baggers…
Fair?
Heil Hitl...I mean Obama!!
Sorry Pat. That would not be called compromise.
Is there anything this man does wrong? I mean really?
He gets more blind loyalty from you than Jim Jones did
from his followers.
Ralph

Coleman, MI

#10 Mar 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Fair?
That sounds like something a dictator would do. GFY fake marine.
serfs up

Daytona Beach, FL

#11 Mar 6, 2013
Marine Corp Pat wrote:
Fair?
We used to be taught what freedom is when we went to school. Yeah, we are a nation with faults, but this. Now we just shout USA, USA or tell everyone we are. Well we are not. The laws being passed and expanded on over the years are not conducive to freedom. To actually have debates over drones, stockpiling ammo, light tanks, law after law enacted to remove our rights and people actually backing this up. The president is evil. Many in Washington are evil. You don't have to like what I write, but it is still the truth. Smiles and rhetoric while your underlings do the nasty deeds does not make one not part of the fascist agenda. He even opens his mouth at times, spouting his true colors. You will rue the day you felt such love for this silver tongued serpent. Just as you blame Bush for the effects of his administration, this one will be ten times worse. For he is no different. A tipping point will be reached at some juncture by the majority. the majority who took care of their own problems first and played by the rules at a much higher percentage. When they join you, game over. If not forced on us before.

Since: Sep 08

Viva Madeira

#13 Mar 6, 2013
It must have been extremely difficult for Gabby and the other survivors to go to the place that irrevocably changed their lives. And because of this, it is understandable that they would want to speak out against the senseless act of gun violence. Kudos to her and the other survivors.

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Do you think she had armed people around her? Absolutely. What makes her worth so much more than your wife, girl friend, mother, daughter?

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Kahoki wrote:
Yes, because something awful happened to me, we have to restrict all of you.
Could be argued that what Gifford's is doing is selfish.
Yes, it could be argued, but it would be a losing argument. When personal "freedom" encroaches on societal freedom, societal freedom must prevail.

Location hidden

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Aria wrote:
Tardstronaut owns an Ar15. Hypocrisy!
Read the frigging article. It's about background checks, not gun ownership. Most Americans favor it. It will happen. Then the fight will continue, to get assault weapons out of the paws of civilians.

Location hidden

#17 Mar 6, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
You think the guy who shot her concerned himself about following a 'gun law'??
That is hardly the point. A proper background check might have kept him from owning a firearm in the first place.

Location hidden

#18 Mar 6, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
Gifford' s husband should be ashamed. Trotting your brain damaged wife out and using her as a pawn for the regime is the lowest of the low.
If you had any sense of shame, you'd never post another word on Topix.

Location hidden

#19 Mar 6, 2013
Sundown wrote:
<quoted text>The shooters have all been your cousins boy.
Back to your intimate affair with a flagpole, BOY!
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#20 Mar 6, 2013
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Yes When personal "freedom" encroaches on societal freedom, societal freedom must prevail.
I would hope you would admit that those folks who have been massacred and slaughtered during our recent gun massacres have had their "personal freedoms" encroached upon?

Yes, those guys would prefer their societal freedom rather than being buried in the ground. Their families and friends would probably agree with those victims too.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#21 Mar 6, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text> Just because one thing bad happened to Gifford,
Dear, unless you have been living under a stone, you know that it not only Gabby Giffords who has had "a bad thing happen" but numerous others have been massacred and slaughtered by guns in our violent country.
Responsibility

San Mateo, CA

#23 Mar 6, 2013
Bluntforce wrote:
as a pawn
Has the gun business/NRA used some of those victims wounded and/or massacred by you gun toting folks in their promotional material - or are they betting on fear and paranoia to make money on guns, guns, guns? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post you feature points referral code (Feb '14) 7 hr lou25000 6,564
FeaturePoints Referral Code RZ352Q 13 hr Matt 1
Hold and Deport Illegal Criminals and Hold and ... 15 hr Culture Auditor 1
post your feature points referral codes!! 16 hr Noname 54
FeaturePoints Referral Code for 100,000 points=... (Oct '14) 22 hr Christian 85
Feature points referral code KCT4DH Sun Matt 2
Feature points code sharing! Post your code bel... Sun RitaK415 17
More from around the web

Vail People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE