CLOSED: Nimbus American Bistro & Brew...

CLOSED: Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery in Scottsdale

There are 2 comments on the Phoenix New Times story from Nov 27, 2012, titled CLOSED: Nimbus American Bistro & Brewery in Scottsdale. In it, Phoenix New Times reports that:

In March, Tucson-based craft beer brewery, Nimbus, opened its first Valley location of chews and brews in the Scottsdale Seville Center at the corner of Scottsdale Road and Indian Bend Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Phoenix New Times.

pitmama

Mesa, AZ

#1 Nov 28, 2012
They closed without notifying their employees..... from my understanding, an employee showed up for his shift to find the doors locked. This caused a mass text message to be sent out which is how I (former employee) found out about the store closing. Some people worked at 2 PM and found out as they were leaving for work that the store was closed. There may have even been employees who did not find out at all and showed up to find the restaurant closed. We had no notification of this WHATSOEVER.... I know the place was doing terribly, bad reviews on Yelp, customer complaints, mediocre food, flies everywhere, etc. but geez would it have killed them to at least have given us a couple weeks notice!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, RIGHT?
Not surprised

Scottsdale, AZ

#2 Feb 27, 2013
If you worked there, then you should have known Nimbus was doomed and gotten out of there while you still had the chance. I'm sorry but they ran it into the ground; inexperienced management and an incompetent kitchen. Every other meal came out of the kitchen at an incorrect temperature. The manager would schedule every server on a Friday night and let people walk out with $25-50. Poor management.
pitmama wrote:
They closed without notifying their employees..... from my understanding, an employee showed up for his shift to find the doors locked. This caused a mass text message to be sent out which is how I (former employee) found out about the store closing. Some people worked at 2 PM and found out as they were leaving for work that the store was closed. There may have even been employees who did not find out at all and showed up to find the restaurant closed. We had no notification of this WHATSOEVER.... I know the place was doing terribly, bad reviews on Yelp, customer complaints, mediocre food, flies everywhere, etc. but geez would it have killed them to at least have given us a couple weeks notice!!!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, RIGHT?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vail Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post you feature points referral code (Feb '14) 26 min Kyle 6,358
so hispanic woman like white men? (Jul '11) 23 hr Conchta Perfumada... 191
Domican republc 23 hr Pedo lindo duarte 1
post your feature points referral codes!! Tue hockeyzman98 35
Post your feature points referal codes here! Tue SWAGthooseBALLS 11
FeaturePoints Referral Code for 100,000 points=... (Oct '14) Tue kevin 71
FeaturePoints Code TZFTCC Feb '15 Will 1
More from around the web

Vail People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE