Flowers case causing racial divide

Flowers case causing racial divide

There are 5 comments on the Greenwood Commonwealth story from Oct 3, 2008, titled Flowers case causing racial divide. In it, Greenwood Commonwealth reports that:

As the worst crime in Winona's 160-year history goes unpunished, people on its streets say the small Montgomery County town is dealing with a growing racial divide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Greenwood Commonwealth.

bigpooch

United States

#1 Oct 16, 2008
I feel like it is a racial situation going on in Winona.They have had a rial for this man 5 times and I don't feel like it is right for him to keep going through the same thing. feel like if it was a different color of race they would have been dimiss the charges.The white people is just trying to see another black person get fried.This is not the old days justice is not prevaling in Winona let that african american mnan go.There were several comments mande in the court room pertaining to the situation.Mr.Stewart commented dat if justice is not going to be taking place there are going to be some houses in flames.I know he is hurt but why would you make such racial comments about african americans he doesnt know if Curtis did it or not as far as he know it could have been one of his own kind.
camp

Greenville, MS

#2 Dec 11, 2008
It is truly disturbing to read bigpooch's comments. If you cannot use proper grammar, then don't bother to comment. "The white people is just trying to see another black person get fried" is such an intelligent statement, don't you think? By the way, I'm sure they sell an "English grammar for Dummies." It may be a wise investment for you bigpooch. As for the numerous trials and Mr. Stewart's comments, put yourself in his place. What would you say if your son had been murdered? Whether or not the person on trial is guilty, there are emotions involved that we'll never understand by the grace of God. I truly hope that justice will prevail.
Ras King of Ethiopia

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2009
To whom it may concern,You people entangle yourselves in things of the past so much that you can't see whats going on around you that really matter.This is why we have terrorist attacks carried out in our country and then we all stand still and wonder why or who opened the door for the enemy.I am sure that these things are important but they should never cloud our focus on whom the real enemy is.
But then again I guess we as a nation born of corruption must soon face our truth and accept what we have sown,for everyone must embrace this by GOD's Law!But we have created our own law and are not the Christian we portray to be for if we were as a nation we would have never made friends with Natives and later slay them and took their land,we would have never taken slave my people from other Africans whom were EXILE from the laws of GOD,we would have never slay our forfathers for the freeing of my people for they were not of our color but of GOD's WILL.And we would have never elected an ISLAMIC as the President Of United States while our soldiers are being killed by the same poeple.
So look in the mirror at yourselves and ask yourselves are we Christians or Americans,because we say In GOD WE Trust,but I think not.
Wake up

Stevens, PA

#4 Jun 12, 2010
bigpooch wrote:
I feel like it is a racial situation going on in Winona.They have had a rial for this man 5 times and I don't feel like it is right for him to keep going through the same thing. feel like if it was a different color of race they would have been dimiss the charges.The white people is just trying to see another black person get fried.This is not the old days justice is not prevaling in Winona let that african american mnan go.There were several comments mande in the court room pertaining to the situation.Mr.Stewart commented dat if justice is not going to be taking place there are going to be some houses in flames.I know he is hurt but why would you make such racial comments about african americans he doesnt know if Curtis did it or not as far as he know it could have been one of his own kind.
I feel I have to agree with you on this one. This case is about emotions and not about evidence. Give an innocent man the death penalty and you have committed murder.
weary in winona

Decatur, MS

#5 Jun 17, 2010
Other than the mistrial..he was found guilty each time.....just loop holes. no innocence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vaiden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Durant officer fatally shoots wanted man (May '11) Oct '16 bob 21
Chris Perry Sep '16 Dark Lady 1
Black Man Murders Two White Helpless Elderly Nuns Sep '16 Beth 14
News 2 nuns found slain in Mississippi home; motive ... Aug '16 no one 1
jake parker (Sep '14) Apr '16 Country thang100 5
Rebel flags (Jul '15) Mar '16 alkeith 3
Winona High School (Oct '15) Dec '15 aguyfromduckhill 2

Vaiden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance