Peacock hen shot with an arrow; cruel...

Peacock hen shot with an arrow; cruel act angers Vacaville couple

There are 16 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Aug 15, 2012, titled Peacock hen shot with an arrow; cruel act angers Vacaville couple. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

On Sunday, Ken and Judy Reed made a startling discovery after spotting an arrow jutting out of one of their hen peacock's chest plumage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Randy

Vacaville, CA

#1 Aug 15, 2012
I think the term is Peahen not Peacock Hen.
Bob

Hayward, CA

#2 Aug 15, 2012
Peacock Curry

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp olive oil
4 peacock breasts, skinned, boned and cut into bite-size chunks
1 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup cubed capsicum (red, yellow or green)
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
˝ cup peaches, chopped
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1lt chicken stock
Parsley, chopped
1cup Basmati Rice

In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté peacock breasts 3 minutes or until nearly done; remove from pan.
Heat remaining oil in skillet; sauté carrots, capsicum, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or until carrots are nearly tender.

Add peacock breasts back to skillet with peaches, curry powder, salt, allspice, and black pepper.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth; pour into skillet with pheasant mixture.

Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.

Bring 2 cups of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt, stir in the basmati rice and cook for 10 minutes till fluffy.

Spoon the curry onto the rice and sprinkle over the chopped parsley

Yum!

Since: Aug 10

San Jose, CA

#3 Aug 15, 2012
Randy wrote:
I think the term is Peahen not Peacock Hen.
You are correct. It was most likely one of the neighbors that is tired of the mess that the birds leave behind. That many birds in one area is just way too many, they are discusting animals kinda like ducks, they cant walk three steps without dropin' a load.
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#4 Aug 15, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. It was most likely one of the neighbors that is tired of the mess that the birds leave behind. That many birds in one area is just way too many, they are discusting animals kinda like ducks, they cant walk three steps without dropin' a load.
I imagine your sheep do the same thing over in Birds Landing.
Bob

Hayward, CA

#5 Aug 15, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine your sheep do the same thing over in Birds Landing.
Antwan would love to have carnal relations with Birds Landing Bob's sheep.

BAAAAAH!
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#6 Aug 15, 2012
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Antwan would love to have carnal relations with Birds Landing Bob's sheep.BAAAAAH!
Have you stopped taking your Levamisole again?

#7 Aug 16, 2012
Antwan wrote:
<quoted text>I imagine your sheep do the same thing over in Birds Landing.
If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times Jer, I don't have sheep. I did have one for a few months, but she is taking a nice freezer nap now. I did keep the dogs with her when she was grazing just in case you came by and tried anything.
kamlesh

Faridabad, India

#8 Sep 19, 2012
please tell the story of hen and peacock

“Grrrrr”

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#10 Sep 19, 2012
Bob wrote:
Peacock Curry
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 peacock breasts, skinned, boned and cut into bite-size chunks
1 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 cup cubed capsicum (red, yellow or green)
1 cup thinly sliced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
˝ cup peaches, chopped
1 Tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1lt chicken stock
Parsley, chopped
1cup Basmati Rice
In a skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil. Sauté peacock breasts 3 minutes or until nearly done; remove from pan.
Heat remaining oil in skillet; sauté carrots, capsicum, onion, and garlic for 5 minutes or until carrots are nearly tender.
Add peacock breasts back to skillet with peaches, curry powder, salt, allspice, and black pepper.
Stir cornstarch into chicken broth; pour into skillet with pheasant mixture.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 20 minutes.
Bring 2 cups of water to the boil, add a pinch of salt, stir in the basmati rice and cook for 10 minutes till fluffy.
Spoon the curry onto the rice and sprinkle over the chopped parsley
Yum!
Copied. Sounds wonderful!!

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Sep 19, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Copied. Sounds wonderful!!
Barbi, where have you been?

“Grrrrr”

Since: Jan 12

Barbi and Baron

#12 Sep 19, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Barbi, where have you been?
Hi Bob! I found a nice thread on the main forum forum, but I've been checking now and then for the regulars to come back. I don't care to go back and forth with that one guy who calls himself everybody's names.
I let my subscription to to the paper go, too, and can't post stories like we used to. I'm going to get it back, if anything to keep on top of who has died.
I'll start checking here more often! I'd be nice to get RandMan, Emjoe, Gem, Rickster and Fred and the others to start posting again.
You were gone a long time, yourself! Did you go on vacation?

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Sep 20, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob! I found a nice thread on the main forum forum, but I've been checking now and then for the regulars to come back. I don't care to go back and forth with that one guy who calls himself everybody's names.
I let my subscription to to the paper go, too, and can't post stories like we used to. I'm going to get it back, if anything to keep on top of who has died.
I'll start checking here more often! I'd be nice to get RandMan, Emjoe, Gem, Rickster and Fred and the others to start posting again.
Not a vacation that anyone would enjoy. Spent a couple of weeks in the hospital then on bed rest for another month or so.

Email me and I'll give you a hint on getting the paper without having to pay.
Mike

Walnut Creek, CA

#14 Sep 20, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a vacation that anyone would enjoy. Spent a couple of weeks in the hospital then on bed rest for another month or so.
There're usually a stack of free copies Repeaters at most retirement & nursing homes. They can't even give these papers away.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#15 Sep 20, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to read you were in the hospital Bob.Hope you're feeling better. Take care.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#16 Sep 20, 2012
Barbi A wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Bob! I found a nice thread on the main forum forum, but I've been checking now and then for the regulars to come back. I don't care to go back and forth with that one guy who calls himself everybody's names.
Hi Barbi! I was just checking in here to see if there was anything about a Riot at CMF. Checking back out now. Take care!
Antwan

Vacaville, CA

#17 Sep 20, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Not a vacation that anyone would enjoy. Spent a couple of weeks in the hospital then on bed rest for another month or so.Email me and I'll give you a hint on getting the paper without having to pay.
What were you in the hospital? One of those venereal diseases from the sheep?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vacaville Unified School District teachers to g... May 17 Max 3
News Solano prosecutor says suspected abuse of child... May 15 thanks democrats 2
Phuong Le Murder Case Update 3/3/11 (Mar '11) May 12 stephen_e_hansen 20
Urine Hair Rinse Trump Favors May 4 jared4presdents4ever 1
News Area crime: Sunday, Monday in Vallejo May 1 they vote democrat 8
Harbor breeze apartments (Dec '16) Apr 28 Chili R 4
you know ur from Vaca... Apr 28 A Thought 1

Vacaville Jobs

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages