Solano County's Duran trial proving p...

Solano County's Duran trial proving problematic

There are 107 comments on the The Reporter story from Aug 1, 2010, titled Solano County's Duran trial proving problematic. In it, The Reporter reports that:

The Joseph Stanley Duran murder trial is proving more problematic than expected, replete with forgetful witnesses, rambling courtroom diatribes and angry confrontations both inside and outside the Hall of Justice in downtown Fairfield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

The driver

Plano, TX

#42 Aug 2, 2010
The driver that got shot panicked, and was driving in the wrong direction. This is not a action movie where you get shot and still stop and pick up people. I think he did pretty good to still be able to drive his self to the hospital. Knowing him, if he would have known Angelo was struck he would have picked him up too! I fortunatly have never been shot, but I am sure panic would strike and I would seek help. Also 2thecurb is still going huh? You guys still get say no?

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#43 Aug 2, 2010
No Human Dignity wrote:
Now you are going to try and lie on the victims mother! She never said anything like that period. No one at that court is from Oakland. No one on the victims side is or ever have been on welfare. You should do more research when you try and degrade people. You are talking about people who work in the medical field, long shoreman, truck drivers, police officers, and the list goes on. They are not on trial. They have took time off to support a family who has lost a son to a senseless crime.
For reals. I was wondering why the mother would identify an Asian man-since when was the mother there? I have NEVER heard about her being there at the shooting, and never heard about any Asian being there either! Thanks for clearing that nonsense up.

BELIEVE THEM

#44 Aug 2, 2010
2theCurb wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot to mention the star witnesses,got raided and police found drugs,weapons in the Berry's house and a gun police thought was the gun used in the shooting,so why are these drug dealers not in jail and why are these felons being used as witnesses testifying against Duran.They where given a deal,thats what has happened so they can witness against Duran.Do you really think these thugs where threatened.The person handcuffed was not any friend of the Durans,just the opposite
Don't forget to mention in the case of the Berry's house being raided in 07-THE CHARGES WERE DROPPED!

Granny in the Crosswalk

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#45 Aug 2, 2010
The driver wrote:
The driver that got shot panicked, and was driving in the wrong direction. This is not a action movie where you get shot and still stop and pick up people. I think he did pretty good to still be able to drive his self to the hospital. Knowing him, if he would have known Angelo was struck he would have picked him up too! I fortunatly have never been shot, but I am sure panic would strike and I would seek help. Also 2thecurb is still going huh? You guys still get say no?
REAL bullets kill. Quite the surprise to stupid young men.

BELIEVE THEM

#46 Aug 2, 2010
BTW wrote:
Angelo Ray Hurst was half white and half black, but more importantly if he had to claim a race it would be the human race. We are all gods chidren like a box of crayons we have many colors. God is good let's let him touch all our hearts!
No wonder he was so beautiful.Just like my son. It wouldn't matter if he was green, this is such a waste. I didn't even know him, but it's obvious he had a bright future. Jealousy is a vicious monster.
2theCurb

San Francisco, CA

#47 Aug 2, 2010
Granny in the Crosswalk wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't the driver who left, his FRIEND?
Yes,he was his friend,thats what he said.
2theCurb

San Francisco, CA

#48 Aug 2, 2010
The driver wrote:

How could he not see what happened to Angelo Hurst,Angelo was standing outside his car door talking to him and what about the other so-friends in the car,they all saw this,none of them stopped to help Angelo,they took off~if one of them had not been shot who was in the Cadillac,they would have all disappeared,and no one would know anything.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#49 Aug 2, 2010
2theCurb wrote:
<quoted text>Yes,he was his friend,thats what he said.
Sad.

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#50 Aug 2, 2010
tired

San Leandro, CA

#51 Aug 2, 2010
I think it is high time the DA stops playing around with these COWARD KNACKS. Stick all of the witnesses in jail and charge them with MURDER. Maybe their memories will be restored, dog.

It's about high frickin time Vacaville starts truning the screws on these ghetto, third world Pieces OS

BELIEVE THEM

#52 Aug 2, 2010
2theCurb wrote:
<quoted text>
How could he not see what happened to Angelo Hurst,Angelo was standing outside his car door talking to him and what about the other so-friends in the car,they all saw this,none of them stopped to help Angelo,they took off~if one of them had not been shot who was in the Cadillac,they would have all disappeared,and no one would know anything.
Like someone else said, it's not the movies, and when shots are fired, people are supposed to scatter. Who expected some punk to roll up and start shooting? Don't you think if they expected that they would have driven off when they saw the van? You can't sit here and Blame Hurt's friends for driving off. He wasn't shot by his friends-he was shot by your friends! It may sound cold, but what would be accomplished by someone in the car jumping out and checking to see what happened outside the car? If one person in the car is still able to drive and escape-that's what needs to be done, because they are not armed with guns to shoot back at the punk rock bz's who came to retaliate! In the heat of the moment, your mind can't get all the facts together and make five decisions at once. Shots fired, people flee. You make it seem like the people in the car knew 100% Hurst was shot and CHOSE to abandon him. Quit trying to take the blame off of Duran. If he wouldn't have shot, you wouldn't have to try and blame innocent people for your ignorant friends actions!

BELIEVE THEM

#53 Aug 2, 2010
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/b rief.cfm?id=47234
I prefer this picture.http://www.cityofvacav ille.com/departments/police/__ documents/Press%20Releases/200 8/11-27-08%20Update%20-%20Arre st%20of%20Joseph%20Duran%20for %20Murder.pdf

Initially I thought your pic was his pre shooting pic, but obviously my pic is pre shooting, and the haggard nasty old looking pic is after living on the run for a yrr and a half in Mexico.

BELIEVE THEM

#54 Aug 2, 2010
Well that did not work lol.

Cut and paste this

http://www.cityofvacaville.com/departments/po...

BELIEVE THEM

#55 Aug 2, 2010
So when I say cut and paste, it shows up as a link lol.

BELIEVE THEM

#56 Aug 2, 2010
<quoted text>Sad.
Last year I met a loser, who was the friend of a friend of a friend :-)
The loser was in the county for months. After he got out, I heard him talking on the phone one day and he said "Ya my patna Duran, I was in the county with him." He kept talking about him, but I tuned it out,like you do when your kids keeps saying mom, mom,mom, because immediately after I heard Duran, all I could think was Dang, I knew you were a loser, but now it's taken on a whole new level of loser. You are judged by the company you keep, and him liking Duran confirmed to me, he was not someone I wanted to be associated with.

Dixon Ma

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#57 Aug 2, 2010
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>.... and calling the Judge Dog,
He was calling Duran 'Dog'(Dawg); NOT the judge. LOL.

Hold the 'forgetful' witnesses in contempt (their memories will snap back) and lock the idiot family members out of the courthouse. And if the jurors' opinions are tainted? Who the h-e-l-l cares? Just get this trial over with and lock the scumsucker back up!

Granny in the Crosswalk

Location hidden

#58 Aug 2, 2010
Gemineye wrote:
Well that did not work lol.
Cut and paste this
http://www.cityofvacaville.com/departments/po...
His little trip to sunny Mexico didn't do much for him, did it? What a loser.

Dixon Ma

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#59 Aug 2, 2010
<quoted text>His little trip to sunny Mexico didn't do much for him, did it? What a loser.
LOL. THAT's the pee wee that everybody's afraid of? Take his gun(s) away and I bet he cries like a little girl. The amnesia stricken witnesses should be ashamed of themselves and go bury their heads in the sand.
tired

San Leandro, CA

#60 Aug 2, 2010
f.. Duran. And his Familia. And his friends

BELIEVE THEM

#61 Aug 2, 2010
Dixon Ma wrote:
<quoted text>
He was calling Duran 'Dog'(Dawg); NOT the judge. LOL.
Hold the 'forgetful' witnesses in contempt (their memories will snap back) and lock the idiot family members out of the courthouse. And if the jurors' opinions are tainted? Who the h-e-l-l cares? Just get this trial over with and lock the scumsucker back up!
At one point, Berry launched his own questioning of the defendant, prompting another warning from the judge, to whom he'd been referring to as "Dog."

I still think he was referring to the Judge as Dawg. If he was referring to the loser Duran as Dawg, the article would read: At one point, Berry launched his own questioning of the defendant, to whom he's been referring to as Dawg, prompting another warning from the judge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone hear a big bang and flash this morning a... (Dec '12) Wed Rita R 19
News McDonald's OK along Alamo Drive in Vacaville Tue Orange Juice 8
Review: Advanced Pain Management Inst - Valery ... (Sep '09) Jul 13 Uknown 15
Revenge of JOHN The Baptist TOM HUGHS and OBAMA... (Jan '16) Jul 12 The Truth Teller 11
News Vacaville child drowns in pool (Jul '13) Jul 11 Nic Gagnon 235
News Fairfield explains gang plan (Jun '09) Jul 7 Birds Landing Bob 23
News Moy says she warned city manager 2 months ago a... Jul 7 Rudi 3

Vacaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages