Daughter's murder remains unsolved

Daughter's murder remains unsolved

There are 4970 comments on the The Reporter story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Daughter's murder remains unsolved. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Seven years ago, a small, battered body was pulled from a lonely canal off Brown Road near Highway 113 in rural Vacaville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

daysgoneby

Folsom, CA

#2469 Sep 30, 2010
Nonna wrote:
<quoted text>I have contacted Ginger and she knows exactly what picture you are talking about. She really appreciates your reply to this forum and your membership on DeAnna's FB page. She would like to get in touch with you and get another picture to you. If you would go to the VVPD and speak to Officer Higby and give him your address. Tell him to get in touch with Ginger and he can give the address to her. Thanks again.
You are an angel. I completely happened upon all this quite by accident. Glad I did. I don't live in town anymore, I replied to your P.M., if you still want me to I will call VVPD, I can't get there before November. My love to all of you.

“WHEN SOME1 SHOWS U WHO THEY R”

Since: Jul 08

BELIEVE THEM

#2470 Oct 1, 2010
daysgoneby wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an angel. I completely happened upon all this quite by accident.
More of a blessing than an accident :-) Perhaps you were guided here.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#2471 Oct 1, 2010
She was ;-)
Nonna

Cochrane, Canada

#2472 Oct 1, 2010
KKnopp wrote:
She was ;-)
Thanks ;-)

BELIEVE THEM

#2473 Oct 1, 2010
KKnopp wrote:
She was ;-)
That's what I believe :-) I don't believe in coincidence.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#2474 Oct 1, 2010
Nonna wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks ;-)
You a very welcome. Anything I can do of course.
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2475 Oct 11, 2010
On November 15th, 2010 there will be a candlelight vigil in Vacaville to honor the memory of De Anna Lynn Johnson. For further information, please go to "In memory of De Anna Lynn Johnson" on Facebook.
Lightning Bolt

United States

#2476 Oct 15, 2010
There's a city ordinance in Vacaville that says people are not to be in City parks after dusk. An exception is City sponsored events such as the summer Friday evening concerts in Andrews Park. I see that you plan a candlelight vigil in Andrews Park from 7 to 9 p.m. on November 15. You might find another location that would be more specific and safer, such as the lawn in front of the Vacaville Police Department on Merchant Street. That way, the event would be visible and people driving past could view it. If there are enough people, maybe The Reporter would run a picture of it.

???
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2477 Oct 15, 2010
Lightning Bolt wrote:
There's a city ordinance in Vacaville that says people are not to be in City parks after dusk. An exception is City sponsored events such as the summer Friday evening concerts in Andrews Park. I see that you plan a candlelight vigil in Andrews Park from 7 to 9 p.m. on November 15. You might find another location that would be more specific and safer, such as the lawn in front of the Vacaville Police Department on Merchant Street. That way, the event would be visible and people driving past could view it. If there are enough people, maybe The Reporter would run a picture of it.
???
Thank you for the information. The location had already been changed as of Monday due to the city of Vacaville giving me the run around. The new location is at St. Mary's Catholic Church on Stinson Avenue in Vacaville.

The Vacaville Reporter is covering the vigil as well as the flag raising in Washington DC. I feel so blessed to be able to make this event happen to honor my friend who was taken from all of us at such a young age. I will never forget De Anna. I will continue to fight for justice in this case and help to keep hope alive.

Once again, thank you for the information.
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2478 Oct 15, 2010
Oh, and KUIC will be covering the vigil as well.
Nonna

Cochrane, Canada

#2479 Oct 15, 2010
deannasfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the information. The location had already been changed as of Monday due to the city of Vacaville giving me the run around. The new location is at St. Mary's Catholic Church on Stinson Avenue in Vacaville.
The Vacaville Reporter is covering the vigil as well as the flag raising in Washington DC. I feel so blessed to be able to make this event happen to honor my friend who was taken from all of us at such a young age. I will never forget De Anna. I will continue to fight for justice in this case and help to keep hope alive.
Once again, thank you for the information.
Deanna's family thanks you.
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2480 Oct 16, 2010
Nonna wrote:
<quoted text> Deanna's family thanks you.
Nonna, you have made my day. I have been struggling with myself emotionally because the VVPD has given me every reason as to why they think I should not be doing the vigil. I have been trying to put together a message to send to you for a few days now but I must have typed and erased 30 times. There is so much that was said to me (20-30 minutes, but seemed like hours)by the investigators but I will not waste your time. But, what I will tell you is the reason that I almost decided not to do the vigil. VVPD investigators told me that everytime someone brings up De Anna or the case, the community gets torn apart, the community becomes divided, everyone points fingers, and most of all De Anna's family will be hurt once again. My response was "that my intentions are still the same - to keep De Anna's memory alive, continue to hope for justice, and do what I can as a caring citizen and childhood friend of De Anna's.

Also, when the VVPD receives the flag they are to call me. I hope that they have not changed their mind now that I am going against the grain. I have vigil t-shirts that I made, I want to put them in the box and send to you and De Anna's parents.

Waking up to your message this morning, means the world to me. Thank you for the blessing. If you ever have any questions as to what or why I am doing this, please do not hesitate to contact me @ [email protected]

Thank you and have a blessed day.

BELIEVE THEM

#2481 Oct 17, 2010
deannasfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonna, you have made my day. I have been struggling with myself emotionally because the VVPD has given me every reason as to why they think I should not be doing the vigil. I have been trying to put together a message to send to you for a few days now but I must have typed and erased 30 times. There is so much that was said to me (20-30 minutes, but seemed like hours)by the investigators but I will not waste your time. But, what I will tell you is the reason that I almost decided not to do the vigil. VVPD investigators told me that everytime someone brings up De Anna or the case, the community gets torn apart, the community becomes divided, everyone points fingers, and most of all De Anna's family will be hurt once again. My response was "that my intentions are still the same - to keep De Anna's memory alive, continue to hope for justice, and do what I can as a caring citizen and childhood friend of De Anna's.
Also, when the VVPD receives the flag they are to call me. I hope that they have not changed their mind now that I am going against the grain. I have vigil t-shirts that I made, I want to put them in the box and send to you and De Anna's parents.
Waking up to your message this morning, means the world to me. Thank you for the blessing. If you ever have any questions as to what or why I am doing this, please do not hesitate to contact me @ [email protected]
Thank you and have a blessed day.
IMHO, it seems the VVPD is trying to protect their reputation. I'm sure if Deanna's family didn't want the vigil, Nonna would have said so. I don't see how having a vigil, like the very one that is the cover story today in the Daily Republic,for another cold case, is going to bring any harm. Perhaps it will remind the community that a killer has been on the loose for 28 yrs. Perhaps the community will point fingers and once again wonder whi killed Deanna, and will they ever be caught, but where is the harm in that? So Deanna's family will be hurt once again, according to VVPD? Does that mean they won't ever hurt again if you don't have the vigil? No way! They will continue to hurt every day of their lives because they lost De Anna, and I think it's nice that people in her community remember her, miss her, and want to keep her memory alive. I'm just flabbergasted over here that they don't want you to do the vigil, and all I can come up with is because they have no answers, they want to lt sleeping dogs lie!
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2482 Oct 17, 2010
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>IMHO, it seems the VVPD is trying to protect their reputation. I'm sure if Deanna's family didn't want the vigil, Nonna would have said so. I don't see how having a vigil, like the very one that is the cover story today in the Daily Republic,for another cold case, is going to bring any harm. Perhaps it will remind the community that a killer has been on the loose for 28 yrs. Perhaps the community will point fingers and once again wonder whi killed Deanna, and will they ever be caught, but where is the harm in that? So Deanna's family will be hurt once again, according to VVPD? Does that mean they won't ever hurt again if you don't have the vigil? No way! They will continue to hurt every day of their lives because they lost De Anna, and I think it's nice that people in her community remember her, miss her, and want to keep her memory alive. I'm just flabbergasted over here that they don't want you to do the vigil, and all I can come up with is because they have no answers, they want to lt sleeping dogs lie!
Gemineye - thank you for your support. I am doing the vigil with or without the VVPD's blessings. I feel that I have the blessings from De Anna's family and that is what matters most. The VVPD can worry about their own crap when the fingers are pointed at them. Trust me, I won't lose sleep over their problems or their intimidation tactics anymore.

Sometimes when you stand up for what you believe in, you might have to stand alone.
Yup, that's me.... I am willing to stand alone and do what it takes.

I hope you are able to make it to the event.
dls mom

Vacaville, CA

#2483 Oct 17, 2010
Will the reporter be helping get the word out about vigil?
Nonna

Cochrane, Canada

#2484 Oct 17, 2010
Gemineye wrote:
<quoted text>IMHO, it seems the VVPD is trying to protect their reputation. I'm sure if Deanna's family didn't want the vigil, Nonna would have said so. I don't see how having a vigil, like the very one that is the cover story today in the Daily Republic,for another cold case, is going to bring any harm. Perhaps it will remind the community that a killer has been on the loose for 28 yrs. Perhaps the community will point fingers and once again wonder whi killed Deanna, and will they ever be caught, but where is the harm in that? So Deanna's family will be hurt once again, according to VVPD? Does that mean they won't ever hurt again if you don't have the vigil? No way! They will continue to hurt every day of their lives because they lost De Anna, and I think it's nice that people in her community remember her, miss her, and want to keep her memory alive. I'm just flabbergasted over here that they don't want you to do the vigil, and all I can come up with is because they have no answers, they want to lt sleeping dogs lie!
Absolutely accurate, Gem. Than you
Nonna

Cochrane, Canada

#2485 Oct 17, 2010
Gemineye wrote:
That's THANK you;-)
Nonna

Cochrane, Canada

#2486 Oct 17, 2010
deannasfriend wrote:
<quoted text>
Gemineye - thank you for your support. I am doing the vigil with or without the VVPD's blessings. I feel that I have the blessings from De Anna's family and that is what matters most. The VVPD can worry about their own crap when the fingers are pointed at them. Trust me, I won't lose sleep over their problems or their intimidation tactics anymore.
Sometimes when you stand up for what you believe in, you might have to stand alone.
Yup, that's me.... I am willing to stand alone and do what it takes.
I hope you are able to make it to the event.
Wish we could be there in person but you know we will be there in spirit. Thanks MB.
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2487 Oct 17, 2010
dls mom wrote:
Will the reporter be helping get the word out about vigil?
YES, I have the Vacaville Reporter who I have already met with twice regarding the coverage of the flag raising and the vigil. The Fairfield paper, Daily Republic will be there as well. Oh and the local radio station, KUIC will be advertising the flag raising and vigil one week before several times a day on the radio and then will also be on site at the vigil.

I have made contact with Dixon, Winters, Davis, Sacramento and Vallejo papers as well but have not got a firm commitment from them yet. I have also sent emails to several of the news stations but have not gotten a return call yet. I also have invites to send to the city council members of Vacaville and several surrounding towns, representatives from congress and the Attorney Generals office.

Trust me when I tell you that my intentions are to make sure that everyone will either see or hear what is taking place on November 15th, 2010 at St. Mary's church. And, I am very proud to say that I am willing to go against the grain to keep De Anna's memory alive and to continue to fight for justice.
deannasfriend

Vacaville, CA

#2488 Oct 17, 2010
Nonna wrote:
<quoted text>Wish we could be there in person but you know we will be there in spirit. Thanks MB.
No problem, it is my priviledge. And, I know you will be here with us in spirit. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vacaville child drowns in pool (Jul '13) 6 hr Alicia Kylas mother 194
News Ducks Unlimited plans return of military apprec... 8 hr quick fix 5
News Vacaville residents concerned about chromium le... 9 hr Birds Landing Bob 7
News Metering ramps have Vacaville seeing red 10 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
News People in Suisun City gather for National Night... Aug 23 Adam Lambert 2
News Vacaville man sings Neil Diamond tunes Aug 20 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Loaded firearm conviction overturned in Solano ... Aug 19 Birds Landing Bob 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages