Siblings win Vacaville spelling bee

Siblings win Vacaville spelling bee

There are 26 comments on the The Reporter story from Feb 3, 2011, titled Siblings win Vacaville spelling bee. In it, The Reporter reports that:

Everything was "C-O-P-A-C-E-T-I-C" for Roop Minhas on Wednesday night after the eighth-grader and her younger brother, Aaron, claimed first place in their respective divisions in the Grace B. Powell Citywide Spelling Bee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#1 Feb 3, 2011
Nerd alert!!!
I'm sure they'll end up being doctors at Kaiser.
Mikey

San Jose, CA

#2 Feb 3, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
Nerd alert!!!
I'm sure they'll end up being doctors at Kaiser.
Off topic.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#3 Feb 3, 2011
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Off topic.
Whatever, Jackwagon.
The mom of these kids has been dreaming of this day? What??? Great job, lady. Your kids have peaked in elementary school. Sounds to me like this was YOUR idea, and not theirs.
Mikey

San Jose, CA

#4 Feb 3, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever, Jackwagon.
The mom of these kids has been dreaming of this day? What??? Great job, lady. Your kids have peaked in elementary school. Sounds to me like this was YOUR idea, and not theirs.
Tough guy here has obviously watched "Full Metal Jacket" one too many times. Probably recorded a certain GEICO commercial and watches it 4 or 5 times a day.

It's JACKASS, not "jackwagon" kiddo.
JoJo

Vacaville, CA

#5 Feb 16, 2011
Emjoe, you are a basterd !
JoJo

Vacaville, CA

#6 Feb 16, 2011
You redneck,Pig !

Since: Nov 10

Everywhere

#7 Feb 17, 2011
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Tough guy here has obviously watched "Full Metal Jacket" one too many times. Probably recorded a certain GEICO commercial and watches it 4 or 5 times a day.
It's JACKASS, not "jackwagon" kiddo.
Actually on the commercial it IS jackwagon. Emojoe is just trying to use the polite version ;-)

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#8 Feb 17, 2011
JoJo wrote:
You redneck,Pig !
Someone has some serious spelling and punctuation issues.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Mikey wrote:
<quoted text>Tough guy here has obviously watched "Full Metal Jacket" one too many times. Probably recorded a certain GEICO commercial and watches it 4 or 5 times a day.
It's JACKASS, not "jackwagon" kiddo.
If you want me to refer to you as a jackass instead of a jackwagon, then that's your prerogative, Bobby Brown.
kritiko

Rocklin, CA

#10 Feb 17, 2011
How about we just be grateful there are still smart kids and that kids like these will be our future when we are old. We should encourage them, not put them down.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#11 Feb 17, 2011
kritiko wrote:
How about we just be grateful there are still smart kids and that kids like these will be our future when we are old. We should encourage them, not put them down.
Show them all the beauty they possess inside?

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier?

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#13 Feb 17, 2011
kritiko wrote:
How about we just be grateful there are still smart kids and that kids like these will be our future when we are old. We should encourage them, not put them down.
More than likely, these are the type of kids who grow up to become those adults who are all book smarts, and no common sense or social skills. You know the type. We ALL know the type.
I would be interested to find out what their grades are in other classes besides Spelling, and if they are involved in sports or other social activities.
Jonah

Marietta, OH

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
<quoted text>More than likely, these are the type of kids who grow up to become those adults who are all book smarts, and no common sense or social skills. You know the type. We ALL know the type.
They are all over facebook ;-)

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#15 Feb 17, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
Nerd alert!!!
I'm sure they'll end up being doctors at Kaiser.
What exactly is Kaiser?

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#17 Feb 17, 2011
KKnopp wrote:
<quoted text>
What exactly is Kaiser?
Kaiser Permanente, a huge HMO out here. A majority of the doctors on staff either wear turbans or look like the MetroPCS "Tech & Talk" guys...not that there's anything WRONG with that:

Rickster

Fairfield, CA

#18 Feb 17, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
<quoted text>Kaiser Permanente, a huge HMO out here. A majority of the doctors on staff either wear turbans or look like the MetroPCS "Tech & Talk" guys...not that there's anything WRONG with that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9E8-NklZobgXX
Which is why I don't have Kaiser. I want English speaking doctors. No telling what you'll wake up missing after your surgery at Kaiser.

Patient: Doctor, I need this wart removed.

Doctor:(With accent) We'll have to get you into surgery.

Patient: Surgery for a wart?

Doctor: Yes, yes, how else can we do?

Then you wake up with a new heart because the doctor removed yours. No thanks, I'll keep Sutter and English speaking doctors.
Renee Dixongirl

Davis, CA

#19 Feb 17, 2011
Emjoe wrote:
<quoted text>Kaiser Permanente, a huge HMO out here. A majority of the doctors on staff either wear turbans or look like the MetroPCS "Tech & Talk" guys...not that there's anything WRONG with that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9E8-NklZobgXX
On a 'good day' you could end up seeing the token white nurse practitioner; not an M.D., but at least you can understand EVERYTHING she is saying. Oh, but don't think that your copay won't be taken. Just because your copay pays for an MD doesn't mean you'll always get to see one.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#22 Feb 17, 2011
I have Blue Cross Blue Shield through my workplace. I've had nothing but good service from them in the 10 or so years I've had it.

The company could pay more of our amounts, but hey, I am just glad I have a job with some benefits without being a burden to the taxpayers.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#23 Feb 17, 2011
That reminds me. The Blue Cross building is RIGHT across from our Red Cross.

I once dated a girl that told me she thought Blue Cross was winning the war because they had a bigger building. She thought they did the same thing. I thought she was just playing cute. She wasn't.

Needless to say, it was our last date.

Since: Nov 09

Smirk .. ;-)

#25 Feb 17, 2011
Actually yes she was. But it was bottle blonde.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vacaville child drowns in pool (Jul '13) 11 hr Lame-os 182
Fire Sun Cowboy Bob 2
News Grand Jury: Water loss found in cities across i... Sat Riland 159
Highway 50 Collision DD Sentenced to Maximum 1... Jul 4 Cowboy Bob 18
News Officers aim to curb DUIs during holiday weekend Jul 3 Duh 4
News Grand jury releases searing report on Solano Co... Jul 2 Leanne 3
News Vacaville, other cities prepare to celebrate Fo... Jun 30 A Thought 2
More from around the web

Vacaville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages