Good job by Fairfield Police Department

Good job by Fairfield Police Department

Posted in the Vacaville Forum

Jeff

Vacaville, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2012
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/opinion/letters-...

For some reason this just looks politically expedient to me. Why didn't she just send a thank you to the Police Department? Why did she have to write a letter to the editor?
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
So the cop is squnched down changing the tire and someone whacks him on the head or takes his piece. He's got his back unprotected. All because of some dames? Oldest trick in the book: "oh, poor little me, officer, I need help." Peace officers should not be changing tires.

And this dimwit Dilenna went with them. She coulda been whacked, too.
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#3 Sep 18, 2012
Agreed
Adam Lambert

Vallejo, CA

#4 Sep 18, 2012
I don’t know much about the Fayfeel copparoonies. Maybe some peoples thinkst it’s headline news when they done good?

Since: Aug 10

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Sep 19, 2012
Jeff wrote:
http://www.dailyrepublic.com/o pinion/letters-editor/good-job -by-fairfield-police-departmen t/
For some reason this just looks politically expedient to me. Why didn't she just send a thank you to the Police Department? Why did she have to write a letter to the editor?
I believe she is getting considerable financial backing from the local public employee unions including police unions.

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Adam Lambert wrote:
So the cop is squnched down changing the tire and someone whacks him on the head or takes his piece. He's got his back unprotected. All because of some dames? Oldest trick in the book: "oh, poor little me, officer, I need help." Peace officers should not be changing tires.
And this dimwit Dilenna went with them. She coulda been whacked, too.
Good points all.

I also liked the comment in the paper that an army reservist should be capable of changing a tire. And this is not 1985, I'd bet they all had cell phones.
VV Council Election 2012

Vacaville, CA

#7 Sep 19, 2012
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe she is getting considerable financial backing from the local public employee unions including police unions.
The only public endorsements from the Vacaville Public Safety Unions have been for Ron Rowlett (Police, Fire) and Jennifer Goode (Police) Fire has only endorsed one candidate this election.

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Sep 20, 2012
VV Council Election 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only public endorsements from the Vacaville Public Safety Unions have been for Ron Rowlett (Police, Fire) and Jennifer Goode (Police) Fire has only endorsed one candidate this election.
There is a big difference between an endorsement and a financial contribution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Politics Do you approve of Harry T. Price as Mayor? (Sep '14) 20 min DELE HOLBEIN 9
News Wal-Mart may re-examine Vallejo store (Feb '08) Fri J lengua T toona 28
News Is Vallejo a good place to buy a first home? It... Thu Kurshan Fake Viet... 4
News Daughter's murder remains unsolved (Feb '09) Jul 21 JusticeForDeanna 4,973
News California to certify low primary turnout, Clin... Jul 20 Birds Landing Bob 6
News Officials: Solano residents can expect roads to... Jul 20 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Former Fairfield teacher convicted of sexual mi... Jul 18 Hetero 12

Vacaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages