Murillo's owner among Spirit of Solano award recipients

Full story: The Reporter 71
Like the seven other 2010 Spirit of Solano award recipients, Frances Murillo, owner of Murillo's Restaurants in Vacaville, can tell an inspiring personal story. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Local Guy

Rocklin, CA

#1 Dec 3, 2010
I'm still boycotting Murillo's over them being bad neighbors to their neighbors "Secrets". Sure, they may be the BAD spirit of Solano.
rolpilos

United States

#2 Dec 3, 2010
That does it.....!! I am going to open a restaurant where they serve high sodium and high fat food (not to mention the bad service, the ugly, tattooed and fat servers...)so I can get an award too. I like awards; any kind.
Quesy

San Francisco, CA

#3 Dec 3, 2010
What did they do?
Santas Elf

United States

#5 Dec 3, 2010
I am ignoring the first two comments that are stupid, and I'm sending my congratulations to the Murillos for winning the well-deserved award. Also, I admire Mrs. Murillo for standing up to those two nasty crooks from Dixon, Byron Chapman and Ron Wilson. These two fakers extort money from local businessmen, as they pretend to be crippled and demand that business owners change their floor plans to accommodate wheelchairs. Chapman and Wilson put the Coffee Tree out of business.
Patriot

San Francisco, CA

#6 Dec 3, 2010
Quesy wrote:
What did they do?
Made money by adding to America's obesity epidemic, by clogging our arteries with excessive cholesterol and raising our blood pressure levels by copious amounts of sodium.

We need more eateries like Fresh Choice & Merchant on Main which make food with fresh & healthy ingredients.
Termite

Fairfield, CA

#8 Dec 3, 2010
Patriot wrote:
<quoted text>Made money by adding to America's obesity epidemic, by clogging our arteries with excessive cholesterol and raising our blood pressure levels by copious amounts of sodium.
We need more eateries like Fresh Choice & Merchant on Main which make food with fresh & healthy ingredients.
Actually, ignorant Americans added to their own obesity. As near as I can tell nobody force feeds anyone pounds of delicious enchiladas and tacos. Put down the fork and you won't be obese...simple.
Mr Hand

Anderson, CA

#9 Dec 3, 2010
Unfortunate comments here....Murillo's restaurant gives some people what they want. Don't go if you don't want the food.

I don't know her, but, jeez, these comments are pathetic. Her's is a story of achievement that very few people could have pulled off...or would have tried. The achievement is not only hers personally, but it is a wonderful story of immigrant, female, community and family-oriented success.

No cushy public job here, so you can't bitch about the pensions and perks.

This woman/company provides jobs, generates sales taxes, fights bad laws and the jerks that prey.

Your chidlren should aspire to this success. You would be a proud parent.
jus me

Vacaville, CA

#10 Dec 3, 2010
i dont see what exactly she did to earn this? am i missing something?

Since: Jun 10

Vacaville, CA

#11 Dec 3, 2010
emjoed Barbi-VV wrote:
Frances Murillo? lol
She didn't even bother to attend the awards ceremony. That's been her attitude and behavior for many, many years.
Must have thrown some money to the right organization.
You obviously don't know Francis.

Several times each year Francis goes to Mexico to visit an orphanage she sponsors. This is where she chooses to "throw her money." She could care less about receiving an accolade here when she can be with those who need and appreciate her.

What wothy thing are you doing with your money?

Probably making purchases at Secrets to impress Local Guy.

Vacaville, CA

#12 Dec 3, 2010
jus me wrote:
i dont see what exactly she did to earn this? am i missing something?
Yes, you are.
Mangia

Vacaville, CA

#13 Dec 3, 2010
Mr Hand wrote:
Unfortunate comments here....Murillo's restaurant gives some people what they want. Don't go if you don't want the food.
I went since they are so famous. The food was lousy. But it made up for it by being overpriced.

Vacaville, CA

#16 Dec 3, 2010
emjoed Barbi-VV wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attack is uncalled for. There are others on this thread who feel the same way I do.
The Spirit of Solano award was ONCE quite an honor.
I stand by what I posted.
No, yours and others "attack" on Francis is uncalled for and shows lack of character.

You can disagree with the committees selection but to imply Francis "paid someone off" in order to get it makes you the fool.

Personally, I disagree with our worthless piece of **** President accepting the Nobel Peace Award when his only achievement was convincing mindless idiots that if elected he would be the Savior of the world, and bringing hope and change.(Same words used by Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Fidel Castro, Hugo Chavez, and many other want-to-be dictators to fool the masses.)

The difference is that Obama chose to run for President and rightfully should have refused the Nobel Peace award if he were an honorable person. Honorable people don't accept awards they don't deserve.

Francis, on the other hand, doesn't give a rats *** about getting a Spirit of Solano award, she did not pay for it, but does meet the qualification set for by this group. You should be ashamed of yourself for insinuating otherwise.

If a woman marries a man just for his wealth does this make her a prostitute?
Murillos lover

Vacaville, CA

#23 Dec 3, 2010
I LOVE the food!

:)
Sparky

Oakland, CA

#25 Dec 3, 2010
emjoed Barbi-VV wrote:
Frances Murillo? lol
She didn't even bother to attend the awards ceremony. That's been her attitude and behavior for many, many years.
Must have thrown some money to the right organization.
And you say this is not an attack on Frances Murillo? Your credibility is waning.
Patriot

San Francisco, CA

#26 Dec 3, 2010
Stay from that crap called "Mexican food". Most of it, you'll not find in Mexico at all, just funky eateries north of the boarder.

Real Mexicans south of the border eat wholesome food! Organic plain yogurt with fresh fruit and ripe bananas plus fish caught off of Veracruz and San Filipe.

Vacaville, CA

#27 Dec 3, 2010
emjoed Barbi-VV wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not attack Francis Murillo.
I don't think she deserved the award. On the other hand, the Fannings do. I have the right to my opinion, and I'm not buying into your effort to make such a big deal out of this.
By the way, one of the reasons she doesn't deserve it is in your own post. Let's see if you figure it out.
Now shut up about my character. You know nothing about me, but if you did YOU would be ashamed.
Saying, "Must have thrown some money to the right organization" is a personal attack; implying that the only reason she got this award is because she paid for it. Without proof, such a statement is libelous.

This is the first time you have mentioned the Fannings. Why don't you tell us what they have done to deserve this award. They both own eateries -- theirs small and Murillo's larger. What makes the Fannings any better? Do their patrons drive from the Bay Area and Sacramento just to eat there? Everything mentioned in this article about the Fanning's could just as easily apply to Francis' many years of community service, too.

Vacaville, CA

#28 Dec 3, 2010
Patriot wrote:
Stay from that crap called "Mexican food". Most of it, you'll not find in Mexico at all, just funky eateries north of the boarder.
Real Mexicans south of the border eat wholesome food! Organic plain yogurt with fresh fruit and ripe bananas plus fish caught off of Veracruz and San Filipe.
Apparently you haven't notice the extra bits of protein swimming around in your organic yogurt. Hopefully, you are never cursed with Montezuma's revenge. Mexican women don't get so "large" just eating yogurt, fruit, and fish. Besides, if Murillo's served the type of food you describe, no one would want to eat there.

Capitalism is boss!
Dixon girl

Davis, CA

#30 Dec 3, 2010
Ick! Murillos is disgusting!! Ever order their chile rellenos? Two battered 'rellenos' floating in a lake of grease!!

Vacaville, CA

#31 Dec 3, 2010
emjoed Barbi-VV wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not imply that she paid for her award. You clearly know nothing of the business world.
Now, go find somebody else willing to argue with you over such nonsense. I'm finished.
Sweerheart, you were finished before you even began. You just don't realize it.

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!
Mr Hand

Anderson, CA

#32 Dec 3, 2010
I always get a kick out of folks who state that if we knew who they were then everything would make sense.

"You know nothing about me, but if you did YOU would be ashamed."

Please, spare us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man claims excessive force in $2.5M suit agains... 6 hr cantsay wilbenxt 2
The Worst Judge in California (Including Solano... 11 hr Gerg 8
Closure of nut tree plaza Wed Grammy Bess 8
Pastor to face trial next week on arson allegation Wed Border 11
Letter: Advice for bicyclists Wed Darrow Clarence 2
DUI enforcment planned through new year Wed Darrow Clarence 15
Chevya s in Vacaville closes Dec 20 A Thought 4
Vacaville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web