Cowboy Up! Who are you voting for VV ...

Cowboy Up! Who are you voting for VV City Counci?

Created by Captain America on Aug 14, 2008

2,027 votes

Click on an option to vote

Dilenna Harris, Christian Sch.

Michael Fortney, Businessman

Flash Gordon, Insurance Agt.

Alex Henthorn, Student

Mitch Mashburn, Administrator

Matt Bidou, Frm. RV Councilman

Judy Everett, Bus. Manager

Todd Jones, College Grad

Carlos Trevino, Businessman

Ron Rowlett, Union Rep

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
Informed

Napa, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2008
Matt Bidou was a former Rio Vista City Councilmember until he was uncermoniously voted out of office. Elected to council with no opponents the first time. Second time was last place finisher with 19% of the vote. Crushed by competitor who received over 80% of vote. Father is former Chief of Police in Benicia and former City Councilmember.
Spen

Sebastopol, CA

#2 Aug 14, 2008
The Daily Republic just said that Judy Everett and Alex Henthorn were disqualified by the city clerk. I guess the field just got a little smaller.

Maybe you can get one of your STUPID goats in there now.
Dirty Harry

Suisun City, CA

#3 Aug 14, 2008
We for one of the young guns.

Vacaville needs change. Change for the future needs of the young growing families living in Vacaville.

Vacaville needs growth in the business parkway. The working class in the Vacaville area would like more good paying jobs in the area.

If Vacaville would be more open to allowing corporations and big business in the business parkway then the working class would not have to commute an hour away to pay for their large mortgage payment on homes in Vacaville.

Allow growth in Vacaville is a good idea. Then the city manager and the economic development would not have to whine about sales tax revenue.
ExPosA

Vacaville, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2008
Dirty Harry wrote:
We for one of the young guns.
Vacaville needs change. Change for the future needs of the young growing families living in Vacaville.
Vacaville needs growth in the business parkway. The working class in the Vacaville area would like more good paying jobs in the area.
If Vacaville would be more open to allowing corporations and big business in the business parkway then the working class would not have to commute an hour away to pay for their large mortgage payment on homes in Vacaville.
Allow growth in Vacaville is a good idea. Then the city manager and the economic development would not have to whine about sales tax revenue.
Go away Jackie O.
Cry Me a River

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2008
Don't know Judy Everett. Alex Henthorn is a moron. No big loss there.

Best bet: Carlos Trevino.
Cry Me a River

United States

#6 Aug 14, 2008
Why wasn't Tommy Smith listed?
ExPosA

Santa Rosa, CA

#7 Aug 14, 2008
Oh common. Carlos? No thanks.

“Oblabla - You Lie”

Since: Jan 08

Richmond to Buddy

#8 Aug 14, 2008
Who is Tommy Smith? Was he the sprinter in the 68 Mexico Olympics.

Carl Trevino I've heard some good things about him.
Lily

Santa Rosa, CA

#9 Aug 14, 2008
I'm curious about Capt America's insight. Some of these people have different titles than what was listed in the article. Is that an oversight, or do you know something you're not letting on to?
Alex Henthorn was not listed as a student and Ron Rowlett was not listed as a union rep, nor was Bidou listed as a RV councilperson. So where are you getting your info and is there anything else we should know?
Captain America

Napa, CA

#10 Aug 15, 2008
Do you homework. It's all accurate.
Dan

United States

#11 Aug 15, 2008
Cry Me a River wrote:
Don't know Judy Everett. Alex Henthorn is a moron. No big loss there.
Best bet: Carlos Trevino.
Everett run for Supervisor in June. Was not smart enough to collect the 20 signatures needed to qualify. No big loss either
Charlie-AR

Hindsville, AR

#12 Aug 15, 2008
Spen, You're familiar with Matt Bidou, aren't you?
Spen

Sebastopol, CA

#13 Aug 16, 2008
Charlie-AR wrote:
Spen, You're familiar with Matt Bidou, aren't you?
Never heard of him before. haven't been much for politics in the past. Just now starting to pay attention.

Why do you ask?
Charlie-AR

Hindsville, AR

#14 Aug 16, 2008
Spen, Matt used to be with RVPD. He was a flake. I was curious if you knew him. His Father was Chief of Benicia some years back, Pierre Bidou. Just curious.
monique

Vacaville, CA

#15 Aug 16, 2008
Spen wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of him before. haven't been much for politics in the past. Just now starting to pay attention.
Why do you ask?
Dont feel bad because i just started paying attention a few years ago about politics....
wise

Vilonia, AR

#16 Aug 17, 2008
monique, look at all the fun you were missing in the past.
monique

Vacaville, CA

#17 Aug 17, 2008
wise wrote:
monique, look at all the fun you were missing in the past.
Wise, hahahahahah no not to much....
Accent

Napa, CA

#18 Aug 18, 2008
Watch out for Harris. She's a Vacaville Chamber plant, as if Fortney. I heard that she really didn't want to run, but like Fortney, the Chamber really wants their people on the Council so they can control it from a business perspective. I also heard that Harris is "fragile" and crys at a drop of a hat. Thanks again for Chamber CEO Gary Tatum. He will find Harris and Fortney all the $$ they need to run a campaign. It's really too bad, but Tatum will do ANY THING to get what he wants.
Cry Me a River

United States

#19 Aug 18, 2008
Good. We need a business perspective on the council. All we have now are people with a militaty and/or law enforcement background.
Just voted

San Jose, CA

#20 Aug 19, 2008
I voted for Ron. I have known Ron for a long time and I feel he would do a great job for Vacaville. I went to Vaca High with Ron so I know he has lived here since at least 1988. He has been active with the community but not caught up in the politics of the town. I think he could bring a healthy, original perspective to the council. Just my two cents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Burn Baby Burn hahaha 9 hr ACAB 3
Blackout (Aug '12) 12 hr onretap 6
News Theft suspect caught after chase near Interstat... 16 hr Adam Lambert 5
News Suisun couple sue Alejandro's over food poisoning Fri Birds Landing Bob 1
News Prison for man with string of DUI cases Fri Birds Landing Bob 3
Hotel Furniture Suppliers Wholesalers Jun 22 ceagceog425 1
News Fireworks not allowed in Fairfield; plenty of p... Jun 22 Adam Lambert 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages