Vacaville Chamber of Commerce says vo...

Vacaville Chamber of Commerce says vote no for Yamada, Miller

There are 23 comments on the The Reporter story from Sep 21, 2010, titled Vacaville Chamber of Commerce says vote no for Yamada, Miller. In it, The Reporter reports that:

The political arm of the local chamber of commerce is calling for change at the state and federal levels this election season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Vacaville, CA

#1 Sep 21, 2010
I wonder how many people made the same mistake I did when reading this headline. I thought it said, "Vacaville Chamber of Commerce says VOTE FOR Yamada, Miller. I would have used an upper case "N" in the word no to make it more noticable, considering it is the key word in the headline. Did the reporter do this on on purpose, is this a subliminal message from a liberal newspaper?

Since Yamada and Miller are part of the anti-business conspiracy by demoncrats to harm businesses (the bad guys) and promote big government (the good guys), I thought it strange that the Chamber would endorse these fascists.

Fascism -- A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator (Obama), stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.

Have you notice how race has become an ever-increasing part of our society since Obama became president? I don't think it is a coincidence.

"Never let a serious crisis go to waste…it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before" – Rohm Emanuel.

Could the current administration be contriving crises to further their fascist agenda? Pitting one group of Americans against another to divide and conquer?

We "will" find out.
Harold Bolquist

United States

#2 Sep 21, 2010
TAKE OUT THE TRASH! 38 years? Yamada voted to raise the fees for Veterans at the Home in Yountville. Some fees were tripled! That's a fact. Don't read that in the news do you?
Told You

Suisun City, CA

#3 Sep 21, 2010
Useless Yamada and M oron Miller.
The blue hair will always vote for the 2 worthless candidates so a push to inform the alzheimer patients will be needed.

Since: Aug 10

San Jose, CA

#4 Sep 21, 2010
"vote no for" ?????

What the hell kind of headline wording is that?
say_what

Vacaville, CA

#5 Sep 21, 2010
Seriously funny_guy??? I read the headline loud and clear. It may be safe to say that comprehension of Reporter readers (hardly a liberal rag) accounts for a whole lot of the problem in this state.

Whatever you do though, be sure and vote in the Chamber's own best interests. The Chamber's endorsement is NO surprise. Sure. Give them back the car keys.

ageism prevails ---> Told You

disrespectfully signed,
"blue-hair"
John

Berkeley, CA

#6 Sep 21, 2010
"...vote no for..."

The Vacaville Repeater paradox of the day.
Cmn

Davis, CA

#7 Sep 21, 2010
funny guy is not so funny and displays lack of intellect by trying to justify flawed logic

democrat, republican, independent ... party does not matter, actions do

bush's policy were the most fascist and devastating in recent american history and the reason our county is in the state it is in ... unless you were in his tax bracket (which very few in Vville would be), his policies were financially detrimental to individuals and cities as a whole

miller has done so much for the towns and country he represents and will definitely have my vote
Cedric

Oakland, CA

#8 Sep 21, 2010
Thank you! Astute observations, but the Left crowd has done enough! Look around... like what you see? Be honest.
Virginia

Bethel Island, CA

#9 Sep 21, 2010
It is definitely a poor headline! It should say VOTE YES for Connor and Tubbs. Putting the names of Yamada and Miller in the headline is just a sneaky backdoor tactic to get those two names in the subconscious of the readers.
Quid

Vacaville, CA

#10 Sep 21, 2010
Can someone explain to me why the City gives these people free rent?
Mussolini

Vacaville, CA

#11 Sep 21, 2010
funny_guy wrote:
I wonder how many people made the same mistake I did when reading this headline. I thought it said, "Vacaville Chamber of Commerce says VOTE FOR Yamada, Miller. I would have used an upper case "N" in the word no to make it more noticable, considering it is the key word in the headline. Did the reporter do this on on purpose, is this a subliminal message from a liberal newspaper?
Since Yamada and Miller are part of the anti-business conspiracy by demoncrats to harm businesses (the bad guys) and promote big government (the good guys), I thought it strange that the Chamber would endorse these fascists.
Fascism -- A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator (Obama), stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
Have you notice how race has become an ever-increasing part of our society since Obama became president? I don't think it is a coincidence.
"Never let a serious crisis go to waste…it's an opportunity to do things you couldn't do before" – Rohm Emanuel.
Could the current administration be contriving crises to further their fascist agenda? Pitting one group of Americans against another to divide and conquer?
We "will" find out.
Fascism -- A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator (Tatum), stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
The Young Vacavillian

Vacaville, CA

#12 Sep 21, 2010
Are you kidding me?

Now, I know that the Chamber needs to make sure that their needs are met. But are they serious? Michelle Connor?!!! She is INCOMPETENT. If that is the best pick the Republican party could have chosen, they don't deserve a Republican assemblywoman. She didn't answer ONE question directly at her debate against Yamada--she has no experience, no intelligence, and no competency!

The day that Conner wins is the day that the 8th Assembly District and the California State Legislature leads toward a road of destruction. She is young and has a lot to learn... I can't believe they decided to endorse her after her performance...Are they IDIOTS? I know they, of course, wouldn't endorse Yamada because she is an environmentalist, but she, for sure, answer questions related to business and the economy well, while Connor sat back and made her constipated-looking faces! I'm fed up!

In regards to Miller v. Tubbs, I think that is more reasonable. Although I am a Miller love, the Chamber needs to look out for itself. Tubbs offer more to businesses, while Miller offers more for the people....Yes, I understand that endorsement.

I'm frankly appalled at the endorsement of the Connor, who should be known as "INCOMPETENT CONNER".
Carlos

Sacramento, CA

#13 Sep 21, 2010
The Young Vacavillian wrote:
Are you kidding me?
Now, I know that the Chamber needs to make sure that their needs are met. But are they serious? Michelle Connor?!!! She is INCOMPETENT. If that is the best pick the Republican party could have chosen, they don't deserve a Republican assemblywoman. She didn't answer ONE question directly at her debate against Yamada--she has no experience, no intelligence, and no competency!
The day that Conner wins is the day that the 8th Assembly District and the California State Legislature leads toward a road of destruction. She is young and has a lot to learn... I can't believe they decided to endorse her after her performance...Are they IDIOTS? I know they, of course, wouldn't endorse Yamada because she is an environmentalist, but she, for sure, answer questions related to business and the economy well, while Connor sat back and made her constipated-looking faces! I'm fed up!
In regards to Miller v. Tubbs, I think that is more reasonable. Although I am a Miller love, the Chamber needs to look out for itself. Tubbs offer more to businesses, while Miller offers more for the people....Yes, I understand that endorsement.
I'm frankly appalled at the endorsement of the Connor, who should be known as "INCOMPETENT CONNER".
I was told that Yamada has Alzheimer’s. So what do you want a young incompetent person or an old fart with Alzheimer’s? I vote for the young, vibrant Connor.
Sewer Soon And FelonField

Brisbane, CA

#14 Sep 21, 2010
The cops endorse their meal ticket feedbags Yada Yada Yamada and Boy George Miller and the rest of society says "go F yourself!"
Concerned for our Nation

Vacaville, CA

#15 Sep 21, 2010
Well now there is hope for Solano County! I applaud the VV Chamber for stepping out of the "norm". No matter who it is, we need different! King George needs to be de-throned!!
John

Livermore, CA

#16 Sep 21, 2010
Concerned for our Nation wrote:
Well now there is hope for Solano County! I applaud the VV Chamber for stepping out of the "norm". No matter who it is, we need different! King George needs to be de-throned!!
Don't hold your breath.

"He who controls the means to vote controls the government."
-Uncle Joe Stalin
Vaca

Atherton, CA

#17 Sep 21, 2010
I'd have to respect my local government to listen to anything it has to say about who I should vote for!
Its simple

Vacaville, CA

#18 Sep 21, 2010
Michelle Connor will be vastly better than Yamada in the State Assembly. My Dead Beagle would be better in the Assembly than Yamada!

Let's review the facts:
1. She has voted for the huge deficit spending. Fix after fix for the budget, and the State is still up side down, 19 Billion.
2. She has not done the one duty she is bound by law to do, that is pass a State budget. What 3 months late?
3. Instead of passing a budget, Yamamda has been working on the vital issue of Paper or Plastic.
4. She has done nothing to create new jobs, except growing government.
5. She has pass bill after bill that does nothing but regulate business. Making it harder to hire people. How does that help?
6. She has tried repeatedly to raise our taxes.
7. She has repeatedly stolen money from local government to pay for State programs. Local government is not the State's rainy Day fund.

Michelle Connor will trim the State budget, work to develop the economy, and not steal from local government.

I guess that is a telling statement, She won't steal.

That is what we have come to now folks, we need to elect people that will not steal. Its simple!
Bob

Sacramento, CA

#19 Sep 22, 2010
Concerned for our Nation wrote:
Ditto
The Young Vacavillian

Vacaville, CA

#20 Sep 22, 2010
Carlos wrote:
<quoted text>
I was told that Yamada has Alzheimer’s. So what do you want a young incompetent person or an old fart with Alzheimer’s? I vote for the young, vibrant Connor.
I'll choose the latter seeing as she has more experience. I'm only 17, so I don't see age as a way to discourage someone from running, but Conner is a JOKE. A complete joke. Yamada knows what she is doing--even if she does have Alzheimer's, which I believe is a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vacaville man hires 'the Last Hope' to fight co... 17 hr Birds Landing Bob 1
anyone hear a big bang and flash this morning a... (Dec '12) 20 hr JustME 18
News Christmas donations sought for Tots in American... Dec 2 Uncle Sam 5
News Parties reach $400,000 settlement in class acti... Nov 30 Birds Landing Bob 2
Welcome SK Nov 26 Willis 1
News Why do seabirds eat plastic? The answer stinks Nov 26 Billy Stinkfinger 7
News Court of Appeals decision sides with defense in... Nov 25 answer please 2

Vacaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages