Solano County District Attorney's col...

Solano County District Attorney's cold case unit investigates w...

There are 4 comments on the The Reporter story from Apr 25, 2010, titled Solano County District Attorney's cold case unit investigates w.... In it, The Reporter reports that:

There were no easy streets for Jeanette Smith Donahue. More than 20 years ago, she was a young mother of three.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Reporter.

Tales in print

Clarksburg, CA

#1 Apr 25, 2010
While we're at it, let's reopen the cold case of DeAnna Johnson, who was murdered in the 1980's. She was only 14 years old and her battered body was found near railroad tracks that used to run through what is now a residential area off Elmira Road, a few blocks past the cemetery. The Grand Jury tried to get enough evidence to take a young man to trial, but witnesses were too scared to tell the truth about what they knew.

His girl friend testified, lied, and sneered at DeAnna's parents. This girl friend eventually had a daughter by the suspect man and when the daughter was about DeAnna's age, she died in a car accident on the anniversary of DeAnna's death. Her father was driving under the influence.
themerrygardener

Paso Robles, CA

#3 Apr 25, 2010
I left VV many years ago and was wondering if they ever solved the murder of Deana Johnson? She was a school mate of mine and it was very traumatizing to me and all of us youth when it happened.

Since: Apr 10

Paso Robles, CA

#4 Apr 25, 2010
WoW Tales...that is soooo ironic! Did he go to prison for his daughter's murder?
Tales in print

Clarksburg, CA

#5 Apr 25, 2010
themerrygardener wrote:
WoW Tales...that is soooo ironic! Did he go to prison for his daughter's murder?
Yes, he did go to prison for his daughter's death, which was "manslaughter," and the mom of the girl wrote woeful letters to the editor in which she sobbed about how terrible it was to lose a child in such a way. Sure. We know. But at least her daughter did not get purposely murdered and battered. DeAnna was so horribly hurt, she could not be identified until dental records were used.

The one guy was in prison after he killed his daughter and the other two are off living their lives... last I heard, one was in New Mexico and the other working as a carpenter in Connecticut or somewhere in the East. People KNOW about them but no one has come forward to offer to testify. There's a $50,000 reward. ARE WE STILL SO SCARED that we won't fess it up? JEEZ!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local Radio Shack, JCPenney aren't on chopping ... 21 hr A Thought 5
News Vacaville Unified employees get a pay boost Wed Roudy the Sevente... 9
News Jury convicts Vacaville man of shooting that in... Tue I know 1
News Trial starts for Vacaville man on felony assaul... Tue I know 1
News Vacaville man convicted on firearm charge Mar 19 Justice will prevail 1
HELP STOP CORRUPTION in American Canyon city co... (May '14) Mar 17 un agenda 21 54
American Canyon PUBLIC Officials VIOLATES FEDER... (May '15) Mar 17 un agenda 21 25

Vacaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Vacaville Mortgages