Ex-police officer becomes tattoo arti...

Ex-police officer becomes tattoo artist, Vacaville shop owner who spent some time learning his cr...

There are 19 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 28, 2010, titled Ex-police officer becomes tattoo artist, Vacaville shop owner who spent some time learning his cr.... In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

Joe Swanson served stints as a California Highway Patrol and Vacaville police officer, but on his days off he would pursue his vocation: tattooing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

Richie Bulldog

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2010
Post your tattoo artwork so we can see your work. www.SoTattooed.com
mackerel

Vallejo, CA

#2 Nov 28, 2010
There is going to be some real money in laser removal of tattoes in just a couple of years. Serioulsy, I've seen some sucky work out there. Not the artists fault, he only does what the customer wants.
Pedro

Vallejo, CA

#3 Nov 28, 2010
Who quits a job as a cop to make tattoos? That only happen in Mexico. This place becoming third world
Mikie

Vacaville, CA

#4 Nov 28, 2010
Pedro wrote:
Who quits a job as a cop to make tattoos? That only happen in Mexico. This place becoming third world
What a nice thing to say, loser
Helen

United States

#5 Nov 28, 2010
Did the Department approve his secondary employment?
Madprops

Oakland, CA

#6 Nov 28, 2010
He quit his job as an officer to pursue is passion...guess you missed that part. What he did in his time off had no bearing anyway
Proud Praying Parent

San Francisco, CA

#7 Nov 28, 2010
I commend Joe Swanson for being a devoted Family Man and letting his light shine as a Christian. What Joe does is his business. However, we Christians are not supposed to partake in tatooing. It's in the Bible. I'd like to see his artistic skills in other areas such as drawing and painting on other things instead of ruining and puncturing the skin God gave us. Unfortunately, my adult children has a couple of tatoos. Although their tatoos are not derogatory, but still I don't approve. Well nothing I can say, they are over 21 years old. They wanted a tatoo and belly pierce while in high school. Their Dad and I SAID NO.
CHRISTIANS HAVE NO BUSINESS DOING TATOO. Art should go on paper, pottery or a mural.
Madprops

Oakland, CA

#8 Nov 28, 2010
Christians are supposed to be forgiving and non judgmental. Getting a tattoo does not affect whether someone is a Christian or not. It is that kind of attitude that gives Christians a bad name , not tattoos

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 28, 2010
Proud Praying Parent wrote:
I commend Joe Swanson for being a devoted Family Man and letting his light shine as a Christian. What Joe does is his business. However, we Christians are not supposed to partake in tatooing. It's in the Bible. I'd like to see his artistic skills in other areas such as drawing and painting on other things instead of ruining and puncturing the skin God gave us. Unfortunately, my adult children has a couple of tatoos. Although their tatoos are not derogatory, but still I don't approve. Well nothing I can say, they are over 21 years old. They wanted a tatoo and belly pierce while in high school. Their Dad and I SAID NO.
CHRISTIANS HAVE NO BUSINESS DOING TATOO. Art should go on paper, pottery or a mural.
Take your BS someplace else, he is an american and he is free to do as he pleases as long as he follows the laws. Do you have any idea what the leading cause of war is throughout history? Religion, thats what, "my god is better than your god blah blah blah" If you are so fond of it, go with it no one is stopping you, but quit forcing your religious beliefs and opinions down everyone else's throats.
blu bird

United States

#10 Nov 28, 2010
Joe I don't know you but I think its great that you are able to do what you love to do!! Good luck brother and I will spread the word about your shop!!
his dream their doom

Vallejo, CA

#12 Nov 29, 2010
Proud Praying Parent wrote:
I commend Joe Swanson for being a devoted Family Man and letting his light shine as a Christian.
Joe recently left his wife and four kids and is in the middle of a divorce.
Quesy

Oakland, CA

#13 Nov 29, 2010
So what, marriages fail for all kinds of reasons. That does not make someone a bad person. Since more than 50% of all marriages fail the odds for a lasting marriage are pretty bad

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 29, 2010
I think it is awesome that he is doing something that he is passionate about. This is what life should be about... doing what you love (as long as it is legal, and not harmful to others!) I must say, thank you Joe for your time as an officer and making the community a better place, and congrats on your new career! This article makes me happy.(:
Jongo Gurmola

Cambridge, MA

#15 Nov 29, 2010
Named Joe Swanson and a cop? This article has to be a joke.
Quesy

Oakland, CA

#16 Nov 29, 2010
Jongo Gurmola wrote:
If you think it is a joke go to the black dagger tatto lounge and see for yourself. Joe does awesome tattoos that are artful. He has a wonderful talent and I did meet him when he was a cop. So all true
Jongo Gurmola

Cambridge, MA

#17 Nov 30, 2010
Quesy wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think it is a joke go to the black dagger tatto lounge and see for yourself. Joe does awesome tattoos that are artful. He has a wonderful talent and I did meet him when he was a cop. So all true
You are so tuned out of pop culture, it's amusing.
Quesy

Oakland, CA

#19 Dec 1, 2010
Jongo Gurmola wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so tuned out of pop culture, it's amusing.
I really don't care and I am glad that I can amuse you
Annoyed

San Francisco, CA

#20 Dec 1, 2010
Jongo Gurmola wrote:
I got the reference! I also thought the same thing hahahaha
Ouch

Vallejo, CA

#21 Dec 1, 2010
his dream their doom wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe recently left his wife and four kids and is in the middle of a divorce.
Wow, but I'm sure they are very proud of his quitting a good job to make tatoos. Maybe he'll meet Jesse James someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Vacaville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fairfield homicide victim identified (Jan '12) Jun 14 Shannon78 482
News Trial date set for Vallejo man accused of fatal... Jun 6 Hooter 1
Gangs in Dixon ? (Dec '09) Jun 4 Enter Username 7
Dixon High incompetence Jun 2 Richie 1
News Sugar in jelly beans? How dare they May 31 Birds Landing Bob 1
Fiesta Days May 29 Daniel F 2
News Fairfield letting Vallejo bogart marijuana taxes May 26 oh king 2

Vacaville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance