Uvalco owner displays political views...

Uvalco owner displays political views with "NoBama" banner

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Fed up

San Antonio, TX

#1 Sep 9, 2012
This is a free country I know but it's bad for business. To tell you the truth I don't share the same vision on healthcare with Obama but I certainly will not slap a sign in front of my business(restaurant) for people to know that I am against a particular candidate. It's my personal opinion and doesn't need to be force fed down the throats of my patrons. But it's Uvalde and this is what should be expected. By the way the republican candidate does have much to offer either. Are these the best we could get to run for president? My vote won't be counted this election. You people can fight over it. Ill keep running my business and taking care of my employees without the governments help, democratic or republican blithering buffoons.
make a change

Uvalde, TX

#3 Sep 9, 2012
The Dragon of Eden wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is bad for business, the owners must think that the majority of their customers are republicans . Oh well I guess they can get along fine without my business and my fellow democrats
GOBAMA!!!
agree with you go GOBama!! democrat all the way
patriot

Nacogdoches, TX

#4 Sep 9, 2012
The owner and his family are wealthy land owners handed down from his parents and from what I understand he is not fond of hispanics or other minoritys! He is the typical republican his wealth was handed to him and if your not rich then thats your problem.
El gringo

United States

#5 Sep 9, 2012
His name is carper capp and hes a filthy rich mfker. Millions rich
who

Killeen, TX

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Freedom of speech....their opinion doesn't have to be your opinion. If you have a different view that's fine, why would you choose not to patronize an establishment that simply had an opportunity to express their opinion and did?(oh never-mind...you already told us...you're Democrats)
sure

Euless, TX

#7 Sep 9, 2012
who wrote:
Freedom of speech....their opinion doesn't have to be your opinion. If you have a different view that's fine, why would you choose not to patronize an establishment that simply had an opportunity to express their opinion and did?(oh never-mind...you already told us...you're Democrats)
okay, this is some crap... Everyone knows that back when George W Bush was in office- if you spoke out against him you were subjected to all kinds of grief. When the dixie chicks said something about him at one of their performances they received death threats because how dare they- it was so unAmerican. At that time- whether you agreed with him or not, you couldn't dare say a negative word about the POTUS for fear of the repercussions. Now all of a sudden everyone has diarrhea of the mouth because they don't like Obamas "politics". Ha!! I wish they'd have enough nerve to just admit that it has nothing to do with the way he runs the country- its because they can't stand that a black man is the one in the position of power. Plain and simple.
who

Killeen, TX

#8 Sep 9, 2012
sure wrote:
<quoted text>okay, this is some crap... Everyone knows that back when George W Bush was in office- if you spoke out against him you were subjected to all kinds of grief. When the dixie chicks said something about him at one of their performances they received death threats because how dare they- it was so unAmerican. At that time- whether you agreed with him or not, you couldn't dare say a negative word about the POTUS for fear of the repercussions. Now all of a sudden everyone has diarrhea of the mouth because they don't like Obamas "politics". Ha!! I wish they'd have enough nerve to just admit that it has nothing to do with the way he runs the country- its because they can't stand that a black man is the one in the position of power. Plain and simple.
Oh yeah, you're right...that's all it boils down to....NOT!
NOBAMA

Houston, TX

#9 Sep 9, 2012
Carper is the man! He employs people and contributes to Uvalde with tax dollars. All you Obama losers sit there with your hand out and complain all you want! You can thank guys like him that you get your welfare check every month!
MILLION FROM SA

San Antonio, TX

#10 Sep 9, 2012
wow carper capp is wealthy and republican who hates hispanics, his sign speaks hate lots of hate, how can the dear lord bless his business such wealth, he must be selling drugs on the side {maybe} if he wanted too, i hope when he goes to bed he prays to the dear lord and ask for forgiveness because he is sinning every single day {hating}. iTS OKAY BECAUSE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!!!!!!!
Hispanic Republican

United States

#11 Sep 9, 2012
patriot wrote:
The owner and his family are wealthy land owners handed down from his parents and from what I understand he is not fond of hispanics or other minoritys! He is the typical republican his wealth was handed to him and if your not rich then thats your problem.
So what if he is wealthy and had property handed down. Isn't that your dream for your kid/kids...and not fond of Hispanics ?? Most of the employees are Hispanics. One of my best friends father just retired from there, he is Hispanic.
I recently

San Antonio, TX

#12 Sep 9, 2012
I recently just about two weeks ago I bought about 1400.00 dollars worth of material there, now that this sign is up I will be returning it all and getting my money back. I can't do business with a business that is being so RACIAL!!
kindahardtobelie ve

El Monte, CA

#13 Sep 9, 2012
patriot wrote:
The owner and his family are wealthy land owners handed down from his parents and from what I understand he is not fond of hispanics or other minoritys! He is the typical republican his wealth was handed to him and if your not rich then thats your problem.
this man helped my family out when he had no reason what so ever to do so he did it out of the kindness of his heart. If he wasn't found of Mexicans he would of looked the other way!!!
OMG

San Antonio, TX

#14 Sep 9, 2012
Hispanic Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if he is wealthy and had property handed down. Isn't that your dream for your kid/kids...and not fond of Hispanics ?? Most of the employees are Hispanics. One of my best friends father just retired from there, he is Hispanic.
WOW, YES HE IS WEALTHY, YES YOU SHOULD DREAM WITHOUT THE HATE-YES MOST OF HIS EMPLOYEES ARE HISPANIC WHO LIVE FROM PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK, NOTE THE WHITE EMPLOYEES ARE PAID MORE THAN THE HISPANIC EMPLOYEE CHECK THEIR ACCOUNT RECORDS-AND I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR BEST FRIENDS FATHER WHO COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER JOB IN UVALDE AND WHO HAD TO DEAL WITH ALOT OF BULL SH@T!!! NOTE HISPANIC REPUBLICAN YOU R NOT REPUBLICAN BECAUSE YOU ARE POOR!!!!!!!!!!
who

Killeen, TX

#15 Sep 9, 2012
I recently wrote:
I recently just about two weeks ago I bought about 1400.00 dollars worth of material there, now that this sign is up I will be returning it all and getting my money back. I can't do business with a business that is being so RACIAL!!
How is their sign "RACIAL"? It's a political opinion...nothing more, nothing less....
sure

Euless, TX

#16 Sep 9, 2012
who wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, you're right...that's all it boils down to....NOT!
LOL.. Thanks for agreeing.:)
Sick of it

Camp Wood, TX

#17 Sep 9, 2012
I was against George W Bush and I'm against Obama. They both have sucked as presidents. I don't know if Romney will be any better but surely he can't be any worse. And tell me why does it have to be racial if someone doesn't like someone that is hispanic or black? That is just crazy. Nothing racial has been said. Everyone knows that what makes our nation the wealthiest in the world is our economics and economics is based on supply and demand. If there is a demand then people are hired to make it and supply it. As long as the people have money they will demand and that is what makes us do well. But when you give money to companies you are not helping put money in the peoples hands. So once again no demand because no money. If you know anything you know Obama screwed up. Not because he is black but because he just made a mistake. We all have opinions. Quit trying to make everything racial. Because honestly it just isn't about race for most of us.
OMG

San Antonio, TX

#18 Sep 9, 2012
who wrote:
<quoted text>
How is their sign "RACIAL"? It's a political opinion...nothing more, nothing less....
RACIAL IS AN OPINION, I THINK YOU {WHO} ARE WEIRD, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS...
sure

Euless, TX

#19 Sep 9, 2012
who wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, you're right...that's all it boils down to....NOT!
Seriously though, as soon as he was elected all of the people who didn't want him in office had already made their mind up. You can't tell me that the fact that as soon as he was elected there were people with Secede stickers on their vehicles. Why? He hadnt been in office very long. What was it about him that they didnt like, if not his race?
People were willing to vote for Sarah Palin who knew almost absolutely nothing outside of what was going on in her state. If that... I'm very sure there are people that have good reasons for not liking his politics as there will always be in every political race. But the utter hatred, the fact that you'll take money and make a huge sign, or talk about him like you know him. To me, that's so ridiculous and I know that it wouldn't have been tolerated when George Bush was in office. Why? What was the difference?
OMG

San Antonio, TX

#21 Sep 9, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
I was against George W Bush and I'm against Obama. They both have sucked as presidents. I don't know if Romney will be any better but surely he can't be any worse. And tell me why does it have to be racial if someone doesn't like someone that is hispanic or black? That is just crazy. Nothing racial has been said. Everyone knows that what makes our nation the wealthiest in the world is our economics and economics is based on supply and demand. If there is a demand then people are hired to make it and supply it. As long as the people have money they will demand and that is what makes us do well. But when you give money to companies you are not helping put money in the peoples hands. So once again no demand because no money. If you know anything you know Obama screwed up. Not because he is black but because he just made a mistake. We all have opinions. Quit trying to make everything racial. Because honestly it just isn't about race for most of us.
YES HE CAN BE WORSE, NOTE ECONOMICS = GREED, AND IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING OBAMA HAD TO CLEAN G. BUSH MESS, RACIAL IS OPINION!!!!!!!!!! YES IT IS ABOUT RACE FOR MOST OF US, GET REAL!!!!
sure

Euless, TX

#22 Sep 9, 2012
Sick of it wrote:
I was against George W Bush and I'm against Obama. They both have sucked as presidents. I don't know if Romney will be any better but surely he can't be any worse. And tell me why does it have to be racial if someone doesn't like someone that is hispanic or black? That is just crazy. Nothing racial has been said. Everyone knows that what makes our nation the wealthiest in the world is our economics and economics is based on supply and demand. If there is a demand then people are hired to make it and supply it. As long as the people have money they will demand and that is what makes us do well. But when you give money to companies you are not helping put money in the peoples hands. So once again no demand because no money. If you know anything you know Obama screwed up. Not because he is black but because he just made a mistake. We all have opinions. Quit trying to make everything racial. Because honestly it just isn't about race for most of us.
You make a good point. I can see how it may seem as though right away the race card is thrown in but there are times when you can't deny that is exactly what is going on. I don't think every single person who disagrees with Obama only does so because he's black- but there were people who from day one had nothing but sheer hatred. If he hadn't been in office more than a day and hadn't had a chance to show the country what his course of action was to get us out of the deep depression we were in why then were there so many people who HATED him? That's what I mean when I say its his race that plays into it. Why the push to get people to take identification to vote? It hadn't been an issue ever before, why now? That is a racial matter plain and simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Uvalde hi steppers 4 min sylvia 8
21 Years and confused 13 min Panuch 5
How did Adrian Torres from batesville die? 15 min Classmate 3
Martha Zamora 40 min Noe 15
abram , luis Reynolds and Jokker fight 1 hr TKO 2
ashley rae granado 2 hr Michelle 2
Kimberly Wiebrand 4 hr haha 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages