john nance garner was a democrat

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dragon of Eden

San Antonio, TX

#1 Dec 12, 2012
John Nance Garner helped carry the South for Franklin Delano Roosevelt. John Nance Garner put Uvalde on the map. John Nance Garner was Democrat . That right a Democrat. So all of you Uvaldean Republicans would have not been friends with John Nance Garner or at least shared his political views...but just remember John Nance Garner made a big difference in the United States when him and F.D.R bailed us out of The Great Depression. Democrats did it then and we'll do it again.
Dragon of Eden

San Antonio, TX

#2 Dec 12, 2012
I put The Topic John Nance Garner in all caps, and Topix didn't capitalize it , so forget about correcting me
Avenger

San Antonio, TX

#3 Dec 15, 2012
You're right he was a democrat but that was the 1930's and those democrats would be republicans by today's standards. Hell, even as recent and John F Kennedy, today he would be a republican by his beliefs he had. It seems that today's democrats are way to the left of the democrats of past and same can be said of today's republicans, most of them are way to the left of Reagan republicans.

but let me ask you some questions dragon because i've seen you arguing with people but i've never made any comments. I have a few questions and if you can answer them honestly without personal attacks we can get along even though we might disagree about our beliefs. ok?

question #1. Where do you stand on abortion? Do you believe abortion is ok or do you think it's not ok?

question #2. Where do you stand on gun control? Do you believe in our 2nd amendment right the constitution gives us or do you think all guns should be taken away?

question #3. What about big government? Do you want more government in our lives or less government in our lives?

Please answer all of these questions. I'm not here to argue with you and have us sling insults at each other. I'm just interested in what you believe.
truth

Lockhart, TX

#4 Dec 15, 2012
he`s trying to think.it`s hard for him may take a while
Dragon of Eden

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Avenger wrote:
You're right he was a democrat but that was the 1930's and those democrats would be republicans by today's standards. Hell, even as recent and John F Kennedy, today he would be a republican by his beliefs he had. It seems that today's democrats are way to the left of the democrats of past and same can be said of today's republicans, most of them are way to the left of Reagan republicans.
but let me ask you some questions dragon because i've seen you arguing with people but i've never made any comments. I have a few questions and if you can answer them honestly without personal attacks we can get along even though we might disagree about our beliefs. ok?
question #1. Where do you stand on abortion? Do you believe abortion is ok or do you think it's not ok?
question #2. Where do you stand on gun control? Do you believe in our 2nd amendment right the constitution gives us or do you think all guns should be taken away?
question #3. What about big government? Do you want more government in our lives or less government in our lives?
Please answer all of these questions. I'm not here to argue with you and have us sling insults at each other. I'm just interested in what you believe.
I believe abortion should ultimately be up to the woman. However only up to the first trimester.
I agree with the second amendment . Government should not be able to take guns away from honest law abiding citizens. Criminals get their guns regardless, law or no laws.
I believe in less regulation and less government , unless a state implements a radical law or an ordinance .
Sorry I dont agree that JFK or FDR would have been republicans by now. I can elaborate later.
Dragon of Eden

San Antonio, TX

#6 Dec 15, 2012
truth wrote:
he`s trying to think.it`s hard for him may take a while
Sorry your wife was over and she didnt want to leave.
Avenger

San Antonio, TX

#7 Dec 16, 2012
Fair enough, now lets talk about taxes.

Where do you stand on taxes? Of course we all know that we should all pay taxes but are you for paying MORE taxes or LESS taxes?

Are you ok with taxes being raised on all rich business owners even though you and I know that when you raise taxes on rich business owners they simply pass down the tax hike to their employees and product they provide.

Where do you stand on all that?
Avenger

San Antonio, TX

#8 Dec 18, 2012
Did dragon fall off the face of the earth? Wonder why he hasn't responded.
man

Lockhart, TX

#9 Dec 18, 2012
He will start another post. He's nothing but a poor little b!tch. I've tryed to call him out over and over given him my email. He's told me like 10 times. Give me your email so I can stop a mudhole in ur a$$. So I give him my email and havnt yet received one. His pu$$ is bigger then his mothers and that's fuck!Ng huge.
boo

United States

#10 Dec 24, 2012
Hello
jon

United States

#11 Feb 10, 2013
True
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#12 Feb 11, 2013
I don't know why anyone would would bring up the subject of vice president Nance Garner Political beliefs he is way past tense and left this world long ago. Marina, The Uvalde eagle.
welfare queen

Houston, TX

#13 Feb 12, 2013
Garner was braught up because he was a crook! He had his hands in all sorts of fraud and the truth about that scum should be told so peopl don't think he was a hero of some sort. The truth about this crook will be out some day!
Dragon of Eden

Kyle, TX

#14 Feb 13, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
I don't know why anyone would would bring up the subject of vice president Nance Garner Political beliefs he is way past tense and left this world long ago. Marina, The Uvalde eagle.
So according to your stupid rationale ,why bring up anyone then that has passed. Like Jesus, Lincoln , Washington, John F Kennedy, You must be the stupidest poster on here, Youre a big time idiot. I raised the issue because it shows that Democrats pulled us out of the great depression. Your ignorance is immeasurable.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#15 Feb 13, 2013
welfare queen wrote:
Garner was braught up because he was a crook! He had his hands in all sorts of fraud and the truth about that scum should be told so peopl don't think he was a hero of some sort. The truth about this crook will be out some day!
I read F.Delano Roosevelt did not like V.P. Jonh Nace Garner, nobody did. It was said that he was a mean old man, and F.D.R. kept him out of the political gathereings and that he was impossible to get along with even with people from uvalde. I read that. Marina The UValde Eagle.
tax payer

Lockhart, TX

#16 Feb 13, 2013
marina do a little research. garner was speaker of the house so some didnt like him ofcourse.but the democrats loved him .sam rayburn pres johnson john kennedy and many more
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#17 Feb 13, 2013
tax payer wrote:
marina do a little research. garner was speaker of the house so some didnt like him ofcourse.but the democrats loved him .sam rayburn pres johnson john kennedy and many more
All I know is he was before my time and furthur more how come no one has mentioned him untill this topix so I think I'll go to my own topix, It's best step out of this deal.I know when I licked,(just funning). Marina, The Uvalde Eagle
Guey

Houston, TX

#18 Feb 14, 2013
Dragon of Eden wrote:
<quoted text> So according to your stupid rationale ,why bring up anyone then that has passed. Like Jesus, Lincoln , Washington, John F Kennedy, You must be the stupidest poster on here, Youre a big time idiot. I raised the issue because it shows that Democrats pulled us out of the great depression. Your ignorance is immeasurable.
What an idiot! World War II was the reason the great depression ended! It was a coincidence that democrats were in power when it happened. Had it been Republicans in charge, today you would be saying that the great dipression was the Republicans fault and democrats were reponsible for getting us out. You're a nutsack licking democrat lover that thinks that democrats can do no wrong. Take your head out of your azz and stop looking at things in either democrat or republican.
Dragon of Eden

Kyle, TX

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Guey wrote:
<quoted text>
What an idiot! World War II was the reason the great depression ended! It was a coincidence that democrats were in power when it happened. Had it been Republicans in charge, today you would be saying that the great dipression was the Republicans fault and democrats were reponsible for getting us out. You're a nutsack licking democrat lover that thinks that democrats can do no wrong. Take your head out of your azz and stop looking at things in either democrat or republican.
You stupid animal, he created the public works programs: He set up a number of schemes to help people including the alphabet agencies. These included: The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)- responsible for flood control, building dams and constructing new towns.The National Recovery Administration. Also,(NRA)- this agency negotiated with the major industries to create fair prices, wages and working hours.The Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA)- aimed at reducing farm production and boosting farm prices.The Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)- offered short-term work to young men on conservation.projects.The Public Works Administration (PWA)- constructed schools, hospitals and other public buildings.Alot of people argued that sometimes the jobs he was paying people to do were uneccessary but the point was he was giving people jobs, he was giving them a reason not to give up hope, he wasgiving them money for their family ot survive on. He also helped restore belief in the American people and their faith in the government, with his 'Fireside chats' he would address the nation with his friendly, comforting speeches. He also stabalised the banking situation, he closed down all banksfor the day and then the Emergency Banking Relief Bill brought all banks under government control. If the banks were considered to be good and not corrupt they could then reopen. He helped here because he had stopped all the panic and had solved the banking crisis. He told the American people: I can
Dragon of Eden

Kyle, TX

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Guey wrote:
<quoted text>
You are like the other uneducated trash that post on here without having a single clue. You can't even spell simple words correctly which speaks volumes about your ignorance and stupidity. How does it feel to be impoverished because you never finished school. You are a stupid chode. How many nutsacks did your mother eat to feed you? How about your worthless child molester of a father. I heard hes getting rammed by Bubba ,,, you puke , you repulse me . LONG LIVE THE DEMOCRATS, DOWN WITH THE REPUBLIPUKES!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melissa de la Garza 2 hr LOL 2
Blanca salinas 2 hr Cousin 3
Bryanna Martinez 4 hr Andrew 1
Jessica Trevino 7 hr Chismosa 3
Wondering 7 hr hmb 2
High school Christmas dance 8 hr Student 50
krystalle 13 hr friend 10

Uvalde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance