Walmart restroom situation

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Forrest Gump

San Antonio, TX

#1 Dec 2, 2009
I wanted to know what is the right thing to do here. I was in Walmart the other day with my daughter who's 3 and my wife wasn't with me. She asked to go to the bathroom so I took here to the bathrooms near the electronics department hoping to use the family restroom. When we got there, it was locked(padlocked from the outside). I told her to go into the womens restroom by herself, but she was too scared. I wasn't sure if I should take her to the mens restroom and let her use the stall. She told me she could wait, so I stopped at a gas station down the road a few minutes later. What I want to know is what should I do in that situation? Serious answers only please.
Kari

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 Dec 2, 2009
Wow! Tricky one huh? First I think you should go speak to someome at customer service. There should be no reason the family bathroom should be locked incase of this type of situation. But,since it was maybe next time grab an employee ask them to check to make sure nobody is in the mens bathroom and the have the employee make sure nobody walks in while you take her. Goodluck!
Joy

Helotes, TX

#3 Dec 2, 2009
I think i would have been ok to have taken her right into a stall in the mens restroom. Shes little, she nor anyone else should feel uncomfortable, 3 year olds dont feel embarrassment. Just explain things fully so there is no confusion about why. Good luck
Kari

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#4 Dec 2, 2009
I agree with u Joy.But,i think Might have been more worried about what others thought.
hmm

Uvalde, TX

#5 Dec 2, 2009
I would probably bring her into the mens restroom while covering her eyes to avoid her seeing anything and explain to her that I'm only doing this because it's a boys bathroom and I would also give an out loud apology to any men/boys who are in the bathroom at the time. Most people are understanding about these kinds of situations, and if anyone complains, you can just tell Wal Mart to have working family facilities or risk the kiddos having accidents in the store.
Kari

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#6 Dec 2, 2009
hmm wrote:
I would probably bring her into the mens restroom while covering her eyes to avoid her seeing anything and explain to her that I'm only doing this because it's a boys bathroom and I would also give an out loud apology to any men/boys who are in the bathroom at the time. Most people are understanding about these kinds of situations, and if anyone complains, you can just tell Wal Mart to have working family facilities or risk the kiddos having accidents in the store.
Well siad.
well well well

San Antonio, TX

#7 Dec 2, 2009
finally an intresting post!..

I dont know about taking my daughter into a men's restroom..but totally would complain to the manager about the family restroom being closed..if it's out of order then there's need to be a sign which inform's the customer..GOOD LUCK though..
leverage

Eagle Pass, TX

#8 Dec 2, 2009
The restrooms at the front of the store are always open.
oppss

Uvalde, TX

#9 Dec 2, 2009
leverage wrote:
The restrooms at the front of the store are always open.
He's talking about the FAMILY restroom. Do you have kids? Probably not that why you don't know about the situation.
Good for you brave daddy for take care of you kid by yourself!!!!!!
leverage

Eagle Pass, TX

#10 Dec 2, 2009
oppss wrote:
<quoted text>
He's talking about the FAMILY restroom. Do you have kids? Probably not that why you don't know about the situation.
Good for you brave daddy for take care of you kid by yourself!!!!!!
I DO know the situation.
The family restroom is permanently closed.
Forrest Gump

San Antonio, TX

#11 Dec 2, 2009
Thank you all for the great answers.
hot water dude

Eagle Pass, TX

#12 Dec 2, 2009
well well well wrote:
finally an intresting post!..
I dont know about taking my daughter into a men's restroom..but totally would complain to the manager about the family restroom being closed..if it's out of order then there's need to be a sign which inform's the customer..GOOD LUCK though..
The real reasom Walmart locks the family restroom is because you mexican teenagers were using it as a place to have quick sex.If you dont believe me ask any manager there.
Whoa

Dallas, TX

#13 Dec 2, 2009
Forrest Gump wrote:
perhaps next time seek a female employee to check out the womens restroom to make sure there isnt anyone there, and have her stand by the entrance just to make sure any ladies dont walk in while you are helping the little one at the potty. I think they'll be happy to do that for you.
concernedmommy

Austin, TX

#14 Dec 2, 2009
Forrest Gump wrote:
Please make sure you put toilet paper on the seat, when sitting a child at any restroom that is not in your home. Thats if there are no papers there for the toilet seat. No matter if you take them to the women or mens restrooms. Especially at the stores. Please don't let children go the the restrooms by themselves.
Forrest Gump

San Antonio, TX

#15 Dec 2, 2009
concernedmommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please make sure you put toilet paper on the seat, when sitting a child at any restroom that is not in your home. Thats if there are no papers there for the toilet seat. No matter if you take them to the women or mens restrooms. Especially at the stores. Please don't let children go the the restrooms by themselves.
You know what?...I completely forgot about that. Thank you for mentioning that.
Forrest Gump

San Antonio, TX

#16 Dec 2, 2009
^I was referring to the "toilet paper on the seat" part.
the way it is

Eagle Pass, TX

#17 Dec 2, 2009
Please don't take your three year old into a men's restroom. I think that would be confusing for her, plus men's restrooms are usually dirtier than women's, even though I've seen some women's restroom and wondered about what kind of woman could leave such a mess. 'Whoa's suggestion about the women's restroom sounds the most feasible.
Want U

Eagle Pass, TX

#18 Dec 2, 2009
leverage wrote:
<quoted text>I DO know the situation.
The family restroom is permanently closed.
Why??????
Want U

Eagle Pass, TX

#19 Dec 2, 2009
hot water dude wrote:
<quoted text>
The real reasom Walmart locks the family restroom is because you mexican teenagers were using it as a place to have quick sex.If you dont believe me ask any manager there.
Why don't shut the F__K up dumbass.
leverage

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 Dec 2, 2009
Want U wrote:
<quoted text>
Why??????
That's a very good question, but I can't tell you why it is closed. It is what I was told by a Walmart employee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Miranda reyna 8 min Smh 8
PENDEJO Juan Aguinaga 28 min Mcds 2
Brando & Rosa A is prego 36 min Windmill 16
Jerry m. 1 hr Watch yourselves 1
bernice martinez (Apr '15) 2 hr Asdfghjk 11
old coca cola place 2 hr Whuuuut 52
Uvalde and surrounding DJ's 3 hr Adam 16

Uvalde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance