TimeWarner is a Rip Off!

TimeWarner is a Rip Off!

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
tax payer

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Jan 16, 2012
My freakin cable bill just went up another 6bucks! This is crazy every 6months they raise the charges for the same services and provide nothing in return! I just have basic and expanded cable nothing fancy and am paying close to $75 a month! This is way too much just for freakin cable I have had the same services for 10yrs and was paying $39 a month now the charges have almost doubled for the same services! I feel outraged that these companys can keep sticking it to the working man!
Sneaky

Eagle Pass, TX

#3 Jan 16, 2012
tax payer wrote:
My freakin cable bill just went up another 6bucks! This is crazy every 6months they raise the charges for the same services and provide nothing in return! I just have basic and expanded cable nothing fancy and am paying close to $75 a month! This is way too much just for freakin cable I have had the same services for 10yrs and was paying $39 a month now the charges have almost doubled for the same services! I feel outraged that these trcompanys can keep sticking it to the working man!
Soo true.... I was paying 60 dollars for plain regular cable now it's up to 75.00
shoppet

Dallas, TX

#4 Jan 16, 2012
Go to QVC . There is this little box that u connect to tv n walla .Get all kinds of channels.
TWC customer

United States

#5 Jan 16, 2012
I have so many problems with my HD channels. They never work. Time Warner has been out countless times to try and fix it. Anyone know when AT&T U-verse will be available in our area?? I'll be the first to sign up for that!
tax payer

Corpus Christi, TX

#6 Jan 16, 2012
My neighbors got dsl and time warner had to come back like three times beacuse it never worked right! I called one time to time warner beacuse I was shopping around for wireless internet and wanted a quote the guy was rude and told me that only people call to sign up for internet and diddnt really want to give me a quote on how much internet service would cost me! I told the tool that I diddnt want to sign up right now and he got pissy with me and 2 days later 3 time warner trucks were at my house wanting to set up dsl service! This company has poor customer service!
Its because

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2012
Not many people use cable anymore so prices are going up. Get internet free tv there!!! Try Hulu
haha

United States

#8 Jan 16, 2012
I'm paying $60 just for Extreme Internet no cable, which is supposed to give me 20mbps or higher, and I'm only getting 7 to 14mbps. I called tech support, explained, argued, and they don't want to send someone to check it because the guy said its the area I live in. BULLS**T!!!!!!
crystal

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jan 17, 2012
Time Warner is a big rip off I got a package deal with cable and Internet it was suppose to be 120 bur our bill was coming out to 200 and there was one time when I was only able to pay half and they charged me close to 400 it was ridiculous I got very upset and argued with the guy very rude!!!!!!!!!!
Atypical Stereotype

Uvalde, TX

#10 Jan 17, 2012
haha wrote:
I'm paying $60 just for Extreme Internet no cable, which is supposed to give me 20mbps or higher, and I'm only getting 7 to 14mbps. I called tech support, explained, argued, and they don't want to send someone to check it because the guy said its the area I live in. BULLS**T!!!!!!
"With the launch of Time Warner Cable Wideband Internet customers will experience download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds UP to 5 Mbps. Road Runner Extreme customers will have download speeds UP to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 5 Mbps."

"Speeds are dependent upon the level of service you subscribe to and may be affected by many factors, including your equipment, traffic, Wireless Home Networking, and the specific site that you are visiting. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed."

http://www.timewarnercable.com/texas/learn/hs...

Dumbshit.
maria

Dallas, TX

#11 Jan 17, 2012
Let me know if you want dish network I could get you a good deal
sad

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Jan 17, 2012
Atypical Stereotype wrote:
<quoted text>
"With the launch of Time Warner Cable Wideband Internet customers will experience download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds UP to 5 Mbps. Road Runner Extreme customers will have download speeds UP to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 5 Mbps."
"Speeds are dependent upon the level of service you subscribe to and may be affected by many factors, including your equipment, traffic, Wireless Home Networking, and the specific site that you are visiting. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed."
http://www.timewarnercable.com/texas/learn/hs...
Dumbshit.
You probably work for time warner if your defending thier outrageous prices and shitty products and services! If anybody wants highspeed internet faster and way better than time warner then if you have AT&T as your home phone or cell phone provider you can get it through them and the price is decent the service way better than shitty time warner and internet way faster!
concerned student

United States

#14 Jan 17, 2012
go to dish,i had time warner cable for as long as i can remember,prices just keep going up,so i switched,now i pay 43 dollars,and get more channels,hbo,show time,cinemax,free for 3 months then i can take them off,no extra fee
Alley Cat

Dallas, TX

#15 Jan 17, 2012
Direct TV is the way to go. I have had Time Warner, Dish Network, nothing beats Direct TV. They offer a lot of HD channels too. I will never switch to anything else...period.

Time Warner in Uvalde is a joke, Dish Network is a rip off, when I cancelled them they harassed me to get up on the roof and send then back their Dish and receivers after I had cancelled them. They did care how I would climb the roof, just to send them their stuff back. I have never been harassed by anyone like Dish Network. Another reason I cancelled them was crappy customer service, HD channels dis not look as good as Direct TVs.
khgf

Round Rock, TX

#16 Jan 17, 2012
Alley Cat wrote:
Direct TV is the way to go. I have had Time Warner, Dish Network, nothing beats Direct TV. They offer a lot of HD channels too. I will never switch to anything else...period.
Time Warner in Uvalde is a joke, Dish Network is a rip off, when I cancelled them they harassed me to get up on the roof and send then back their Dish and receivers after I had cancelled them. They did care how I would climb the roof, just to send them their stuff back. I have never been harassed by anyone like Dish Network. Another reason I cancelled them was crappy customer service, HD channels dis not look as good as Direct TVs.
you are correct just do direct tv , no dsh network , they lead the us in sales , so they are doing something right and i had att uverse and gotnrid of that crap and went back to direct tv , and will stay here , yes when its windy or thunderstaorms it goes in and out but just sometimes , u cant go wrong , and they have a good deal basic is like 39 bucks or 29 bucks something like that but cant go wrong .
Info

Dallas, TX

#17 Jan 17, 2012
Alley Cat wrote:
Direct TV is the way to go. I have had Time Warner, Dish Network, nothing beats Direct TV. They offer a lot of HD channels too. I will never switch to anything else...period.
Time Warner in Uvalde is a joke, Dish Network is a rip off, when I cancelled them they harassed me to get up on the roof and send then back their Dish and receivers after I had cancelled them. They did care how I would climb the roof, just to send them their stuff back. I have never been harassed by anyone like Dish Network. Another reason I cancelled them was crappy customer service, HD channels dis not look as good as Direct TVs.
How much is it for direct tv? I'm so ready to get rid of time Warner..
Alley Cat

Eagle Pass, TX

#18 Jan 17, 2012
I have every channel except the Premium sports packages, 154 per month includes 4 receivers and HD DVR.
I haven't done this but if you hookup the HD receiver to Internet you even get more movies plus you can even watch tv on your iPad if you got the receiver connected to the Internet.
I'm fixing to hook it up to Internet.
Atypical Stereotype

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 Jan 17, 2012
sad wrote:
<quoted text>You probably work for time warner if your defending thier outrageous prices and shitty products and services! If anybody wants highspeed internet faster and way better than time warner then if you have AT&T as your home phone or cell phone provider you can get it through them and the price is decent the service way better than shitty time warner and internet way faster!
Haha I'm not defending their prices or service, it's blatantly stated on their website dumbass.
haha

United States

#21 Jan 17, 2012
Atypical Stereotype wrote:
<quoted text>"With the launch of Time Warner Cable Wideband Internet customers will experience download speeds up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds UP to 5 Mbps. Road Runner Extreme customers will have download speeds UP to 30 Mbps and upload speeds up to 5 Mbps."

"Speeds are dependent upon the level of service you subscribe to and may be affected by many factors, including your equipment, traffic, Wireless Home Networking, and the specific site that you are visiting. Actual speeds may vary and are not guaranteed."

http://www.timewarnercable.com/texas/learn/hs...

Dumbshit.
listen here f*ck face! I hacked my modem and I'm pushing 25mbps now. Technical support still don't know shit!
sad

Corpus Christi, TX

#22 Jan 17, 2012
Atypical Stereotype wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha I'm not defending their prices or service, it's blatantly stated on their website dumbass.
I doubt customers look at the website every month only a new customer looking for service might check the website and Ive been a customer for 10yrs and they do not tell you they are raising thier prices you get your bill and see an increase! Yes when you then go look at thier website the updated increase is on there! They should warn you that theky will be increasing thier prices on your bill but they dont so you will have to pay the bill and at 6bucks times hundreds of thousands of customers the greedy bastards have made millions dumbass!
Bob

Eagle Pass, TX

#23 Jan 18, 2012
DirecTv is the best, but a little pricey. I would suggest ordering it directly from DirecTV. Don't order from anyone in town. Angel Breeze is a joke and just a sub-contractor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jaime gutierrez 3 min Mmmmmm 4
corrupt cops in uvalde (Nov '11) 6 min Grey Man 238
so is anybody else aware of what's going on? 11 min Grey Man 25
Heather 12 min RR R 13
pervert pedephile alert 33 min Deer 20
Jennifer a 40 min Pendeja 2
Gabby Patino Diaz cheating 42 min Dgp 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages