First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Dont you think

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2010
So what's the deal with this biased paper? with the Internet and all, who need a news 'paper' especially one that's so one sided. But why should I be suprised right? With Uvalde being predominantly Hispanic, the anglos pretty much have control. Your papaer shows that too.
Informed

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2010
Who cares about Hispanic control or Anglo control?! Isn't the important thing to make sure that it's the right control? We just need to make sure that the elected officials are doing their jobs for the community. What does race have to do with it?
race makes difference

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2010
type of race makes a big difference ...mine is the 100 yard dash
Intrested

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jun 28, 2010
"La Voz" is not one-sided. Try reading that one. I know its a small paper, but they do report news accurately, no bias. Sometimes when Im reading it Im like whoa did they just print that!! Its a no holds barb, straight and honest paper. Why its not weekly dont know.....
digger331

United States

#5 Jun 28, 2010
Intrested wrote:
"La Voz" is not one-sided. Try reading that one. I know its a small paper, but they do report news accurately, no bias. Sometimes when Im reading it Im like whoa did they just print that!! Its a no holds barb, straight and honest paper. Why its not weekly dont know.....
I disagree. While La Voz isn't one-sided like the Leader-News, there are some stories that would benefit from there being more coverage of both sides, especially when it comes to interviews for school news articles.

I'm certain there will be many future stories concerning the new superintendent. What I'd like to see in La Voz in the coming school year is for the reporter (usually Mr. Sanchez) to confront them face-to-face and actually get quotes and information directly from Mr. Loesch and the school board members.

The reason it's not weekly (I'm assuming) is because there isn't enough of advertising in Uvalde to support it.
Tard

San Antonio, TX

#6 Jul 4, 2010
Intrested wrote:
What the hell is "no holds barb"? Seriously? Barb? I appreciate you trying to use words you've heard other people say, but the phrase is "no holds barred" -- as in, nothing is held back, no rules, no restrictions, etc. Holy crap...
What

Eagle Pass, TX

#7 Jul 4, 2010
La Voz is one sided. They make assumptions of something without knowing the truth.
digger331

United States

#8 Jul 4, 2010
What wrote:
La Voz is one sided. They make assumptions of something without knowing the truth.
Doesn't everyone? I think we're all guilty of casting judgements on people and ideas without knowing the complete truth. Then again, I think the real truth is that we don't see things as they are, we see them as WE are.
LOL

United States

#9 Jul 5, 2010
Intrested wrote:
Talking about being Bias, La Voz is Bias. I'm Hispanic and I can see it!
digger331

United States

#10 Jul 5, 2010
LOL wrote:
If you're going to accuse someone of something, please be sure to at least spell and use it correctly. The term is "biased" (adjective)- not "bias" (noun).

Thanks.

(And yes, La Voz is biased, but no more so than the Leader-News - just not in the same manner or inclination.)
the real scoop

Sulphur Springs, TX

#11 Jul 5, 2010
if you needed to know about the Anglos read La Voz, if you want to know about the Hispanis read the Leader
Panuch

United States

#12 Jul 5, 2010
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Being Hispanic, which one is
more biased news paper to you? The La Voz or the Uvalde Leader News?
el guapo fort worth

Roanoke, TX

#13 Oct 17, 2010
he didnt mean bias he mean beachhhhh ok!
Uvaldean

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 22, 2011
I think the only people who should be commenting on the subject is the people from Uvalde. I think everyone else has enough problems in their own cities and towns. Comment on your own problems. In other words mind your own business!!
Uvaldean

Bedford, TX

#15 Dec 26, 2011
el guapo fort worth wrote:
he didnt mean bias he mean beachhhhh ok!
go home stupid!
RelatedJoe

United States

#16 Jun 24, 2012
Dont you think wrote:
So what's the deal with this biased paper? with the Internet and all, who need a news 'paper' especially one that's so one sided. But why should I be suprised right? With Uvalde being predominantly Hispanic, the anglos pretty much have control. Your papaer shows that too.
Have you read la voz?
RelatedJoe

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2012
Intrested wrote:
Sounds like you are one-sided!
Stupid

Crystal City, TX

#18 Jun 24, 2012
Fighting over a paper
slappypappy

La Coste, TX

#19 Jun 25, 2012
I read them both and I noticed La Voz usually features only Hispanic events and students while the Leader News features both. So go figure. God Bless.
doubt it

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 Jun 25, 2012
slappypappy wrote:
I read them both and I noticed La Voz usually features only Hispanic events and students while the Leader News features both. So go figure. God Bless.
La Voz features Hispanic events the Leader News ignores. The reason it seems there's more Hispanic news and not so much Anglo news in La Voz is because there's no reason to print something that's already been in the Leader News.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
maria prado and marity always at beto 24 min karma 23
Martha Zamora 32 min Comadre 36
jessica prado 42 min shelby n ur ticks 7
Sacred Heart School 44 min parent 1
mike gass 2 hr Steve williams 12
stephanie arredondo 2 hr prayn4u 28
we were talkibg about lori prado y did u erase it? 3 hr chola 7 1
Uvalde Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web