Uvalde Animal Shelter locked up; clos...

Uvalde Animal Shelter locked up; closed down

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 4, 2012
Uvalde Animal Shelter is presently locked down due to allegations of cruel confinement and medical neglect according to County Attorney John Dodson.

for more info: http://www.facebook.com/LaVozUvaldeCo
slappypappy

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2012
I know that their intentions were good but why let sick and mangled animals suffer rather than putting them down? I know the lady that runs it and she is really nice and sincere in her cause. Did you know she has hundreds maybe thousands of these animals living at her ranch which she cares for on her own? I can not be a judge on this one. I only wonder why these people care more about dogs and cats than poor starving children they could be helping. God Bless.
Panuch

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Apr 4, 2012
The is so far the best that has come of Dodson as a County Prosecutor. Close down the Animal Shelter.
teeter tatter

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Apr 4, 2012
I hope they lock up that b**** for not taking care of those poor animals!!!!!!
wondering

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2012
teeter tatter wrote:
I hope they lock up that b**** for not taking care of those poor animals!!!!!!
who was in charge?
Someone

Eagle Pass, TX

#6 Apr 4, 2012
Ugh can you say parvo infected place!!
concern

Little Rock, AR

#7 Apr 4, 2012
If dogs and cats can only voice their opinion in Uvalde Topix, their lives could have been more different. On the other hand, the decision of the Local Authorities to close it down possibly because of poor condition and treatment of animals was quick and desicive even more quick and decisive than the complaints they received from the abuses children received in this school district. What is wrong with Uvalde World.
True dat

United States

#8 Apr 5, 2012
Panuch wrote:
The is so far the best that has come of Dodson as a County Prosecutor. Close down the Animal Shelter.
You hit the nail on the head with this one! Dodson is as worthless as tits on a boar.....
lmao

Camp Wood, TX

#9 Apr 5, 2012
Well they started with the dog shelter,they need to do CPS that doesn't do its job and the police dept that doesn't do its. They need to round up ever drug dealer but they won't because they are on there pay rolls. They know when a bust is taking place.Because the police are getting payed off.
Googleyou

Arlington, TX

#10 Apr 5, 2012
Thank goodness! That place was GROSS.
too bad

San Antonio, TX

#11 Apr 5, 2012
The bad thing about this is that all animals are going to be killed instead of being available for adoption.
Sad

Eagle Pass, TX

#12 Apr 5, 2012
Who's the person that owned it??
sad

Pearsall, TX

#13 Apr 5, 2012
too bad wrote:
The bad thing about this is that all animals are going to be killed instead of being available for adoption.
It's so sad. Many people complaining and yet they didn't offer to help. I live 50 miles away and volunteered to help. It's a lot of work and it's hard. That lady helped many people as well as dogs. People would take advantage of her kindness. She would give those animals the best vet care when needed. Parvo? Hello? When the people dump the animals there guess why? Cuz they had Parvo and were very sick. Don't judge if you don't know. Once you have parvo in a facility it's there. You can't hardly vaccinate fast enough. God help her and that facility.
sad

Pearsall, TX

#14 Apr 5, 2012
slappypappy wrote:
I know that their intentions were good but why let sick and mangled animals suffer rather than putting them down? I know the lady that runs it and she is really nice and sincere in her cause. Did you know she has hundreds maybe thousands of these animals living at her ranch which she cares for on her own? I can not be a judge on this one. I only wonder why these people care more about dogs and cats than poor starving children they could be helping. God Bless.
You say you are noy judging but you are. She has helped countless people. With money for food, surgeries, utilities, and rent. She has given thousands. I've been to the ranch. It's beautiful and she has ranch hands to help. How sad that you can't pray for her instead of bad mouth what you don't know. She's paid for cripple animals so they could walk and be adopted. Please help if you can.... God bless her.
used to live in Uvalde

Canyon Lake, TX

#15 Apr 5, 2012
Someone wrote:
Ugh can you say parvo infected place!!
According to my vet in Canyon Lake, parvo is epidemic this year all over south Texas. She says this is the worst year for parvo in her 30+ years of vet practice. And since the incubation period on parvo is 14 days, puppies might be dropped off or dumped that appear healthy when they are left, only to break with the parvo two weeks later. And you cannot tell by the tests if the puppies might be infected, since the tests don't tell anything until the symptoms actually appear.
The ACS (control services) in San Antonio just had to shut down an entire kennel building because they have a massive outbreak of parvo, which they are trying to clean up. It happens everywhere you have large groups of puppies, since anytime you have a large group of unprotected or semiprotected puppies there is a large chance of a parvo outbreak. Puppies are not fully protected from parvo until they receive their third vaccination, and the vaccinations have to be given a minimum of three weeks apart. Here in the San Antonio area they are asking for volunteers to foster puppies that are brought in until they can get control of the parvo since otherwise they will have to put down all puppies brought in since there is no place parvo-free to keep them. People in San Antonio are responding. I can imagine the response in Uvalde, where people largely rather sit around and complain that things aren't done to their satisfaction that offer to help get things done right. The number of people in Uvalde that volunteered to help at the Uvalde Animal Shelter are very, very few. I know that for a fact.
And whoever called Mrs. Johnson a bitch, well, someday you are gonna have to answer to God for that, because that good woman has done the best she could for 30 years to not only help the animals, but she has paid out her own pocket the vet bills of many people whose animals would have otherwise died. The inHumane society has been working for years to take over that facility, and what they want to do is kill the majority of animals there. People are catching on over the country how inhumane the inHumane Society is and your day will come also. Uvalde will miss the Uvalde Animal Shelter and the good that it has done for 30 years. You will discover soon how much good Mrs. Johnson has done, and what you are left with now because no one would step in and help them out. I believe the expression is you will soon realize the unintended consequences of the actions taken against the Shelter and Mrs. Johnson. And Uvalde deserves those consequences. That is the sorriest city I have ever lived in with the petty little bickering and gossip. You all deserve each other and Mrs. Johnson does not deserve you or the actions taken against her.
used to live in Uvalde

Canyon Lake, TX

#16 Apr 5, 2012
Oh,I have been on her ranch dozens of times, there are just a few dogs out there, not even 100 and definitely not thousands as some jerk claimed on here. That is one of the biggest lies I've ever seen. I do not know if he is repeating rumors or just out and out lying. It is a big lie.
used to live in Uvalde

Canyon Lake, TX

#17 Apr 5, 2012
Sad is correct. She has ranch hands whose sole job is to feed and clean up the few dogs she has at the ranch. She also has feral cats who the ranch hands feed and water and clean up after also. She is 81 years old and although she could and would do it herself, she does have ranch hands to do it for her.
Googleyou

Fort Worth, TX

#18 Apr 6, 2012
Nasty, nasty, nasty, nasty place...just the smell of it is enough to make you VOMIT. THEY HAD TOO MANY ANIMALS. Who in the hell starts adding on a "tent city" for dogs!?!
used to live in Uvalde

Canyon Lake, TX

#19 Apr 6, 2012
a compassionate person who gets no financial help for the city and only a little over $200 a month from the county in an economy where more and more people are having to surrender their beloved pets to the shelter because they can no longer afford to care for them and they bring them to the Uvalde Animal Shelter because they think they might live longer than if they surrender them to the pound or the inHumane Society.
If you found the place so nasty, why didn't you do something to help, say donate some money or some time to help clean instead of bitch about the smell. You know the words: constructive criticism? Have you ever considered being part of the solution instead of just bitching about the problem, and for anyone who considers all life sacred as Mrs. Johnson does, that doesn't just mean killing healthy animals to make it easier on her.
seriously

San Antonio, TX

#20 Apr 6, 2012
teeter tatter wrote:
I hope they lock up that b**** for not taking care of those poor animals!!!!!!
if it bothers you so much why don't you go out there and volunteer your time and do something about it...instead of bashing her it takes alot to keep it going you people complain why not help and do something

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phyllis Moya 6 min Was she 7
Timothy Luna 20 min Walmart employee 1
Ruby Navarro 21 min Lmao 26
Gabe Valdez 56 min La tuya 3
On the Down low Guys! 1 hr Blah 16
Verse 1 hr John92 10
Why do men rev their engine? (Oct '12) 2 hr Cannon 37

Uvalde Jobs

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages