ope

Houston, TX

#42 Sep 9, 2012
its a blessing!!
OMG

San Antonio, TX

#43 Sep 9, 2012
Angie wrote:
I've considered myself rich. Rich of the many blessings GOD has given me and my family. You see it's not about the money it's who you are inside. I thank GOD everyday for the many blessings he has given us and the many blessings he will continue to share with us.
COME ON GET REAL!!!!
all idiots

San Antonio, TX

#44 Sep 9, 2012
Richest man in Uvalde wrote:
The problem is NOT being rich or not! The issue is a mentality! Average people think money is the root of all evil, rich people think poverty is the root of all evil! Average people have a lottery mentality and rich people have an action mentality. Average people believe you have to DO something to be rich and rich people believe you need to BE somebody to be rich. Average people think you need money to make money and rich people just use other people's money! Average people teach their kids how to survive and rich people teach their kids how to get rich! Average people let money stress them out while rich people find peace in their wealth!
I believe everyone here needs to know that MONEY does not make you happy but neither does POVERTY!
Therefore if you set your mind out of living in JUST ENOUGH and begin to think that you CAN live with MORE THAN ENOUGH...there is NO problem having money! Be blessed to be a blessing!
Also you have to understand that this is NOT a get rich quick scam...ask rich people how long it took to have what they have and you will find that it took WORK! An idea makes you rich! Solving peoples problems makes you rich!
Sam Walton realized people had more than 50,000 needs a day...what did he do? Put then all in one store and made WALMART! Find a need and FIX IT! People pay to solve a problem! When you are hungry you PAY! When you are thirsty you PAY. When you need something you PAY!
It's not hard to be rich...YOU HAVE IT IN YOU!
Bless you Uvalde!
did you get this from a yahoo article
truth hurts

San Antonio, TX

#45 Sep 10, 2012
uvalde rich people are so rich because there are to many many many poor people living in uvalde, the rich people treat the poor like shit because the many of the poor folks don't give a shit about themselves, to busy getting wasted and high. sad story truth hurts!!!!
truth

Houston, TX

#46 Sep 10, 2012
MONEY does not make you happy but living rich you can live good and can do a whole lot more and become even richer... Thank the lord above for being wealthy to have everything
lucky

Houston, TX

#47 Sep 10, 2012
Always thanking God for blessing us!!
dollar bills

United States

#48 Oct 24, 2013
Thank the lord
zander

United States

#49 Oct 25, 2013
Rich stay rich by getting anything an everything cheaply if not freely given then by other means. Inheritance of land is how most are rich around here ownership of property passed threw generations you would have to be a moron not to make money with land you will rarely if ever see a rich person that does not own at least 100k acres around here charge 1k a weekend per person for hunting it's very simple but getting that much land nowadays is very hard.
Former Uvaldean

United States

#50 Oct 25, 2013
What the system needs is a time limit to be on Welfare.. 2 years max.. Then ur on your own.. When people do make money they spend it on things they don't need but want.. Lone star on Friday, Saturday or a 20 here or an eight ball there .. Next thing u know they have nothing left and crying because they have no money, no food and light was turned off.. It is sad but an earlier comment was correct, it is the mentality that is the issue.. Until that is fixed or changed then it will never change.. Be responsible for ur own actions !!!
seriously

Carrizo Springs, TX

#51 Oct 25, 2013
Some people loved to pretend that they are better off then others. But its just that... cause you see pretenders buying groceries with the lone star card. some even have good jobs but still d lone star is in there purses. Its just like everything else some people like to pretend they are a loving and caring family... when deep down they have so much jeolousy between each other. and some can fool people some of the time, But finally sooner r later the true colors always show up.
dingo

Carrizo Springs, TX

#52 Oct 29, 2013
you people talk about blessings I heard a local pastor and his son had a youth rally and at the end of the service is askng for $,from the youth I heard one kid from out of town gave her tuition $,WOW what happened to god will provide,he and his family are living off his church and other peoples $,is that really a blessing or Theft if u are going to try to help your community do it for Love not $.trying to get rich the easy way.
careful

Carrizo Springs, TX

#53 Oct 30, 2013
dingo wrote:
you people talk about blessings I heard a local pastor and his son had a youth rally and at the end of the service is askng for $,from the youth I heard one kid from out of town gave her tuition $,WOW what happened to god will provide,he and his family are living off his church and other peoples $,is that really a blessing or Theft if u are going to try to help your community do it for Love not $.trying to get rich the easy way.
This days alot of minister are coming from every where, and the reason is cause there is money in the ministry.and if they can take people for a ride they will. They all talk about giving money to the church and i agree in helping the church, but this minister are getting rich from bagging people for money. Jesus walk every where he preach and wear sandles and slept where the night catch him. and these minister travel in private jets and wear rolex watches and dress in $1000. suits. and have mansions and they still ask for money. you want to help the church you can do so by helpin someone that needs help by doing something for them. this has nothing to do with money Jesus said love thy neigthbor he never said give this preacher money. they all talk about tithing thats in the old testament, we are no longer in the old testament we are in the New Testament. be careful with this so call preachers that will reap you off.
wtf

Camp Wood, TX

#54 Nov 3, 2013
Who are the "rich people"?.. Sounds like a bunch of fake wannabe's that claim to be rich.
john

Uvalde, TX

#55 Nov 3, 2013
wtf wrote:
Who are the "rich people"?.. Sounds like a bunch of fake wannabe's that claim to be rich.
Jorge (George) Garza) has ripped poor people left and right, and he preaches the word of God. Hypocrite.
Uvalde Ranch Owner

Houston, TX

#56 Nov 5, 2013
Hate the fact that people think your rich cause you have a ranch in Uvalde area I own a few hundred acres out there an people try to screw you cause they think your rich I worked hard to get where Im am at I don't think I should have to pay more for things or give out hand outs to those who have not worked hard or are not as sound minded to make good investments but yet people feel u owe them something guess that makes u an ass hole in some people's eyes

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Santos 1 hr L_O_L 4
aurora carrillo again here 1 hr pit bull 1
River 2 hr Joe black 1
Jennifer Reynolds & hoez 2 hr Estates 3
victor martin castillo jr the son 3 hr uncle missouri 6
Pot holes all down hwy 90 4 hr Quijote Dela Mancha 23
Cops question sonic employees 4 hr Shaw0812 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages