Sheriff's department investigating death

Sheriff's department investigating death

There are 73 comments on the Uvalde Leader News story from Jul 31, 2008, titled Sheriff's department investigating death. In it, Uvalde Leader News reports that:

Uvalde County Sheriff's Department has been investigating the possibility of foul play in the shooting death of a woman at about 11:52 a.m. Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Uvalde Leader News.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
again

United States

#1 Aug 2, 2008
Hey how many death has the sheriff's office investigated. If I remember correctly there has been a few. and if I remember correctly they have not had any arrest on any of them. I think they need someone that is able to solves these murders or so call foulplay. they always let someone else work them. here is my thought on this the sheriff office can't or does not have the ability to work these type of crimes. Thank God a new sheriff is comming to town. What the new sheriff needs to do is clean house starting from top.
walker

Uvalde, TX

#2 Aug 9, 2008
this is true cant the sheriff investigators solve anything. this is another unsolved case.
Concerned citizen

Mineral, TX

#3 Aug 9, 2008
What about the murder of Israel "Cabrito" Aguilar? It seemed all of Uvalde knew who the murders were, yet no arrest to date. It seems everyone knew who the three were and after all these years, another cold case, getting nowhere. Then there was the murder of Chris Mendez, again, no one arrested. Why does Uvalde keep covering up for these murders? When will they stand togther to speak up and clean up UValde. No one deserves to be brutually killed and forgotten about.
friend to chivo

United States

#4 Aug 9, 2008
yes that is true its Israel "chivo" Aguilar its been 6yrs and nothing has been done about it and y
Cases

United States

#5 Aug 9, 2008
I don't know anything about these cases but I bet if it was someone rich , it would be solved within hours of the crime. Isn't that the case almost anywhere.
123abc

United States

#6 Aug 10, 2008
Cases wrote:
I don't know anything about these cases but I bet if it was someone rich , it would be solved within hours of the crime. Isn't that the case almost anywhere.
YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE RICH NOR POOR
Look at OJ Simpson we all saw the news where he was driving off trying to kill himself than his friend who escaped to ??? And yet no killer.
C'mon it was a murder show on television.
So! it happens in all categories,
friend to chivo

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2008
were not talking about somewhere else we r talking about***UVALDE*** look how many murders has happen not the sheriff or uvalde police department havent done nothing i wonder y
we miss u chivo r i p

United States

#8 Aug 11, 2008
uvalde police department needs to solve chivo case its been 6yrs nothing has been done.
123abc

United States

#9 Aug 11, 2008
friend to chivo wrote:
were not talking about somewhere else we r talking about***UVALDE*** look how many murders has happen not the sheriff or uvalde police department havent done nothing i wonder y
Open your eyes Friend to Chivo.
It happens everywhere. You can hurt as much as the richest, and post all you want . This case will take it's place on it's time.
GROW UP, Try your age for once!!!
123 abc

Apex, NC

#10 Aug 11, 2008
i dont know what ur talking about but i hope one day u or your family dont go threw the pain that family went threw and is still going threw i've seen that poor family up to know there at the cemetary all the time so you actually have one cold heart but how can someone grow up about this you think this is actually a game cum on now whose the one to grow up but then again who ru u to judge only god can judge and for sure u are not god ..........
Roger Sullivan

Fredericksburg, TX

#11 Aug 12, 2008
I will tell you this investigation is already in trouble. I read Ranger Coy Smith is involved and I had the opportunity to witness his investigation into a Deputy Sheriff Weldon Tucker's shooting of an un-armed man from behind and it was a joke. He was up set that a federal judge would question his abilities to stay in line during the trial. He appeared confused and his story didn't make a whole lot of sense. He just reconstructed the shooting as the deputies and Seriff relayed it to him. The sheriff of real county allowed the shooter and everyone else to move their cars and actually leave the scene hours before Ranger Coy Smith ever got there. Now that is preserving the scene of the shooting, right. He never saw what originally happened. Anyway I hope he has some serious supervision in this one because he needs it
chivo family friend

Uvalde, TX

#12 Aug 12, 2008
123 abc you grow up has it not been like that here in Uvalde. If you are WHITE things get done if you are hispanic, mexican, or black nothing gets done.. But if we stick together we can make it happen. I had my vehicle broken in with a brick, the kids belong to the higher ups here. lawyers, judges, and so forth... was anything every done?????? NO but look at a Hispanic do something wrong and there they go to jail / prison.... funny ha ..... I one day gave my consent for the cops in Uvalde to check my car and because the found a stick (I did NOT even know I had) they through me in jail... I'm hispanic) ha ha ha again wake up 123 abc ........ Though I still want Watkins to win as sheriff .... Good Luck Mr. Watkins....
Jim

AOL

#13 Aug 12, 2008
kj
help

United States

#14 Aug 18, 2008
dont u think that uvalde needs more help on solving these murder cases and start getting rid of all these wanna b gangsters that are putting bad examples for our kids uvalde wasnt like this now its not even safe to be out cuz u dont even know if u should smile @ someone or if there going to beat u up or what cum on uvalde clean up this town and sweep the dirty people out of here
Powertrip

San Antonio, TX

#15 Aug 19, 2008
Cases wrote:
Or white! You know Uvalde is still a racist town, and always will be! R.I.P Chivo
it happend

Uvalde, TX

#16 Aug 19, 2008
uvalde is a racist town,only in uvalde woulde it have happend FRED RATLIFF got away with MURDER he ran over an old ladie crossing the street at the time there was NO emergecy he was just a careless driver that killed her and got away with MURDER it was no accidentshe flew 50 feet up in the air speed limit is 30 r 20 miles.months later he got a promoted!!Now he is the shirrif of Sabinal aint that some shit but i wonder if it would have been a mexican what would have happend.Well i only hope that he cant live in peace may he go 2 hell!!!!
FROM UVALDE LIVE IN SA

East Bernard, TX

#17 Aug 21, 2008
I THINK UVALDE SHERRIFF IS JUST SCARED OF THE GANG MEMBERS.. I SWEAR THE ONLY MURDER THESE GANG MEMBERS HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH IS THE ONE OF ROY I FORGOT HIS LAST NAME.. BUT WE ALL KNOW THEY KILLED CHIVO AS WELL
RIP CHIVO

East Bernard, TX

#18 Aug 21, 2008
WHAT THEY DID IS GOT HIM ALL DRUGGED UP AND STABBED HIM NUMEROUS TIMES DIFFERENT KNIVES, THERE WERE SO MANY PEOPLE AT THAT PARTY AND NO ONE KNEW WHAT HAPPENED COME ON!!!! WHAT THEY SHOULD DO IS DO A LIE DETECTOR ON THAT CHICK THAT HAD THE PARTY. I BET SHE KNOWS AND I HOPE ONE DAY THE TRUTH COMES OUT. FOR HIS FAMILY TO FINALLY HAVE SOME SORT OF CLOSURE
rip chivo

San Antonio, TX

#19 Aug 21, 2008
yep its true about chivos case and still no answers.... come on everybody knows who did it and yea like that chic melissa the one that was renting that apartment @ the time even her little girl @ the time when this murder went on she was even talking about it that they were cleaning chivos blood from the floor what kind of s**t is that but everyone responsible 4 this murder is lving a miserable life but its like they say what goes around cums around and i hope its bites ya'll in the a**
Cases

United States

#20 Aug 21, 2008
chivo family friend wrote:
123 abc you grow up has it not been like that here in Uvalde. If you are WHITE things get done if you are hispanic, mexican, or black nothing gets done.. But if we stick together we can make it happen. I had my vehicle broken in with a brick, the kids belong to the higher ups here. lawyers, judges, and so forth... was anything every done?????? NO but look at a Hispanic do something wrong and there they go to jail / prison.... funny ha ..... I one day gave my consent for the cops in Uvalde to check my car and because the found a stick (I did NOT even know I had) they through me in jail... I'm hispanic) ha ha ha again wake up 123 abc ........ Though I still want Watkins to win as sheriff .... Good Luck Mr. Watkins....
This is exactly what I meant, it happens in Uvalde and everywhere else. If you are poor or a minority,law enforcement is not going to be as aggressive at finding the criminal as they would if it's a rich or white person. Like it or not (and I don't),that's the way it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why fat people tend to overeat? 4 min Austin 8
Samantha Silvia 1 hr Buddy 4
Chantilly Ocasio 1 hr Wero 1
Dumb bitch 1 hr You Aint Black 2
Delynda & Jenn 2 hr L_O_L 7
Deanna miller 2 hr you should talk 9
Tam and Noel 6 hr Nini 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages