atheists of uvalde
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
atheists

United States

#1 May 2, 2012
Are there many atheists in Uvalde? I'm not trying to start a religion debate, I was just wondering if Uvalde has like an atheist group like San Antonio and other cities do. It'd be nice to meet someone with similar views.
Diana

United States

#2 May 3, 2012
atheists wrote:
Are there many atheists in Uvalde? I'm not trying to start a religion debate, I was just wondering if Uvalde has like an atheist group like San Antonio and other cities do. It'd be nice to meet someone with similar views.
i respect you not asking for a debate, but can i ask why you do not believe in God?
free thinker

Crystal City, TX

#3 May 3, 2012
atheists wrote:
there are no groups that I know of and there isn't very many atheists in this town but I am one of those few people with the same views that you have.
atheists

United States

#4 May 3, 2012
Diana wrote:
<quoted text>
i respect you not asking for a debate, but can i ask why you do not believe in God?
I don't like the idea of God. The whole "be good and you'll be rewarded" when the church itself is so corrupt it's ridiculous. I'm a good person without needing to be rewarded for it.
I think that Science has disproven God time and time again.
I don't agree with how biased the bible is. For example, women can't talk in church, women must marry the man that raped them, women can't hold authority positions over men, I can go on forever.
Why is God so insecure that he needs to be praised constantly? It says in the bible that we have free will yet he forbids us from using it. When a doctor says someone's life, who is to thank? God? He had nothing to do with it.
Do you really mean to tell me that this entire universe was created for us? I don't think so.
If gays go to hell, why do so many preists molest little boys?
Why do they build multi-million dollar churches when a hospital would do more good?
I have more reasons and questions but I know they won't be answered.
I don't believe in a God who behaves like a spoiled 6 year old.
BlackDahlia

Eagle Pass, TX

#5 May 3, 2012
I'm here. I wish I knew some people with the same views. My boyfriend is religous, but I'm not. It's kind of depressing.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 May 3, 2012
atheists wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't like the idea of God. The whole "be good and you'll be rewarded" when the church itself is so corrupt it's ridiculous. I'm a good person without needing to be rewarded for it.
I don't agree with how biased the bible is. For example, women can't talk in church, women must marry the man that raped them, women can't hold authority positions over men, I can go on forever.
Why is God so insecure that he needs to be praised constantly? It says in the bible that we have free will yet he forbids us from using it. When a doctor says someone's life, who is to thank? God? He had nothing to do with it.
Do you really mean to tell me that this entire universe was created for us? I don't think so.
Why do they build multi-million dollar churches when a hospital would do more good?
I completely agree.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#7 May 3, 2012
By the way. Yes, I'm Atheist.
Atypical Stereotype.

Eagle Pass, TX

#8 May 3, 2012
I'm an atheist also, although anybody who reads my posts would know that by now.
atheists

United States

#9 May 3, 2012
I grew up in a Christian home, and my family doesn't approve of me being an atheist, but it wasn't really a choice for me. I just can't blindly follow someone anymore.
That god does suck

Dallas, TX

#10 May 3, 2012
That's def not the God the bible speaks of. It sucks that the image that people get when they walk into churches or when all you see on the news is pastors molesting boys and the church leaders trying to keep it on the down low.

The church and church leaders have turned a lot of churches into businesses!

It sucks that people abuse the bible to oppress women. The bible doesn't anything about not having women holding leadership roles or making a women marry someone who raped them.
The bible def doesn't say we have to do good deeds to be rewarded. What trips me out is the hail mary's and whatever they tell you to do so you can pardoned from your sin. Talk about making crap up.

It's Christ plus nothing.

I don't think science has disproven god either. There's a shift in thinking about the possibility of intelligent design. It's whatver though. Religion sucks. I hate it. Jesus I like.
atheists wrote:
<quoted text>
needGODin theirlife

Houston, TX

#11 May 3, 2012
In your last dying day you will repent and you will know who GOD is or should i say you wil cry out to GOD. You need god in your life today and when you die. Read the bible and save yourself.
atheists

United States

#12 May 3, 2012
That god does suck wrote:
That's def not the God the bible speaks of. It sucks that the image that people get when they walk into churches or when all you see on the news is pastors molesting boys and the church leaders trying to keep it on the down low.
The church and church leaders have turned a lot of churches into businesses!
It sucks that people abuse the bible to oppress women. The bible doesn't anything about not having women holding leadership roles or making a women marry someone who raped them.
The bible def doesn't say we have to do good deeds to be rewarded. What trips me out is the hail mary's and whatever they tell you to do so you can pardoned from your sin. Talk about making crap up.
It's Christ plus nothing.
I don't think science has disproven god either. There's a shift in thinking about the possibility of intelligent design. It's whatver though. Religion sucks. I hate it. Jesus I like.
<quoted text>
Have you read the Bible? Because, yes, it does say that stuff and that's not even the worst of it. Do you think God is a loving God? No. He is jealous and terrible. Just read the Bible and see for yourself.
atheists

United States

#13 May 3, 2012
needGODin theirlife wrote:
In your last dying day you will repent and you will know who GOD is or should i say you wil cry out to GOD. You need god in your life today and when you die. Read the bible and save yourself.
I have read the Bible, have you? Even if God was real, I wouldn't want to go with him. There is nothing that anyone, even my worst enemy, could do that would make me throw them into a fire. Yet your God does it to people who have never heard of him. To "his children" it's all BS.
Saint

Eagle Pass, TX

#14 May 4, 2012
God loves you anyway, no matter what you say, you clearly do not understand the scripture's. go back and read it again. Ill pray for you all, maybe tonight will be the night you all see the light. Jesus is Alive.
Lilith Barton

Crystal City, TX

#15 May 4, 2012
needGODin theirlife wrote:
It's amazing that when atheist present good points on why the god idea fails, or they just dont belive. The religious automaticly jump to treats, or will pretend they know how our last days alive will be like. As if to sujest that for some reson then, we start to fear the magic man in the sky.You religious people might be afraid of a fictional character, but we aren't. You wouldnt be afraid of Thor, would you? Instead of empty treat and getting angry why not try and have a diolog with us. We all share this plant anyways, would be nice if we all could get along. Is it truly worth arguing, fighting, dying over this shit?
Lilith Barton

Crystal City, TX

#16 May 4, 2012
Saint wrote:
God loves you anyway, no matter what you say, you clearly do not understand the scripture's. go back and read it again. Ill pray for you all, maybe tonight will be the night you all see the light. Jesus is Alive.
We do understand, you clearly don't. You pray for us and will think for you. We don't ask much, just keep it too yourselves.
Saint

Eagle Pass, TX

#17 May 5, 2012
Jesus loves you
Atypical Stereotype.

Eagle Pass, TX

#18 May 5, 2012
Saint wrote:
You can't use the bible to justify your beliefs. Every single religion has their own scriptures.
and

Eagle Pass, TX

#19 May 5, 2012
I'm not atheist, but neither would I say I'm religious. I do believe ion God and Jesus, but know that people have twisted things into something that causes division and acrimony. I believe in God, but I don't believe in a large percentage of organized religion because it's only a means of control. I don't like the idea of someone telling me what to believe and how to pray - I think as a Child of Light, I'm perfectly capable of doing that for myself. If I need the assistance of a clergyman, I'll find one.

I also understand that atheists don't want to be blessed or prayed over - while I'm sure the good will is appreciated, it's meaningless to them. That's like saying to a Christian, "Namaste" or "As-salamu Alaykum."

What I don't like is how Christian seek approval for their own beliefs, but don't afford that right to other religions or beliefs. It's a very prejudiced and elitist thing to do.

I have several atheists friends and I respect their beliefs the same as I would any other person. I wish them well and show compassion when necessary. if you truly believe in God and call yourself a Christian, that's all you need to do. God only told us to take care of each other, not judge them.
Saint

Eagle Pass, TX

#20 May 5, 2012
[QUOTE who="Atypical Stereotype."]<quoted text>
You can't use the bible to justify your beliefs. Every single religion has their own scriptures.[/QUOTE]What beliefs might you be talking about. The only thing I believe in is the Lord Jesus Christ that died for us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
delynda & Cyrus 19 min geez 4
Uvalde Whites hate Mexicans 27 min Anonymous 22
Da krazy pimpz 54 min Unconcerned 7
What happened on South Park last night 56 min Your Mom 4
Rosa Aleman &Brando B. 1 hr Truth 20
Uvalde deputy? 1 hr eukn 10
What ages are getting on this sight?? 2 hr Seriously 1

Uvalde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance