What can I do to get rid of wild dogs?

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chilly

Uvalde, TX

#1 Nov 16, 2011
I have a bunch of stray dogs running around my block. I know a couple of the owners and they refuse to lock up the dogs or tie them down. I fear for my kids' safety. There has been a few BAD dog attacks around here and as far as I know, none of the owners were faulted. I believe they stated that there were no city laws about dogs. I myself have had to beat a dog that attacked my kid. I was called a bully and was told that I would be reported to the humane society. I'm not taking any more chances. The county won't do anything about the dogs and neither will the owners. My property is fenced in, but I do have to open the gate at times and most of my family and guests park outside the fence...only to be harassed by these dogs. The dogs also climb over the fence. I don't own a firearm so I can't shoot them. What can I do to get rid of these dogs?
Should know better

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2011
EASY! And CHEAP!..... Go to Wal Mart, buy a pack of treble hooks from the fishing dept., and a pack of hot dog wieners. Insert hooks into chunks of weiner, and spread randomly around neighborhood.....WALA! No more dogs!

I know I'm gonna get a bunch of pansy ass cruelty remarks, SO WHAT! Tie your dogs and you won't have a thing to worry about!
GOCOWBOYS

Alvarado, TX

#3 Nov 16, 2011
Do you all not have animal control in Uvalde?
Atypical Sterotype

Eagle Pass, TX

#4 Nov 16, 2011
Chilly wrote:
I have a bunch of stray dogs running around my block. I know a couple of the owners and they refuse to lock up the dogs or tie them down. I fear for my kids' safety. There has been a few BAD dog attacks around here and as far as I know, none of the owners were faulted. I believe they stated that there were no city laws about dogs. I myself have had to beat a dog that attacked my kid. I was called a bully and was told that I would be reported to the humane society. I'm not taking any more chances. The county won't do anything about the dogs and neither will the owners. My property is fenced in, but I do have to open the gate at times and most of my family and guests park outside the fence...only to be harassed by these dogs. The dogs also climb over the fence. I don't own a firearm so I can't shoot them. What can I do to get rid of these dogs?
"accidentally leave out antifreeze" after working on your car outside. It has a sweet taste and animals will drink it up.
el gallo de sinaloa

Frisco, TX

#5 Nov 16, 2011
Shoot them!!
yup

Bronx, NY

#6 Nov 16, 2011
Use antifreeze!!!!
Chilly

Uvalde, TX

#7 Nov 16, 2011
Shooting is not an option. Plus the risk of accidentally hurting someone or something else is too high. Antifreeze doesn't work, my cousin left a tray of antifreeze out for a week when we were kids and nothing happened. The dogs didn't go near the stuff. Plus that's kinda cruel(I heard it kills them slowly). My neighbor suggested a bear trap and a rented crossbow. I think I'll make one last complaint to the local PD before I resort to craziness.
funny

Duncanville, TX

#8 Nov 16, 2011
call the dog catcher
same problem

Eagle Pass, TX

#9 Nov 16, 2011
We have had the same problem for 4 yrs. Calling the city does no good set traps out yourself then call the city when u catch them
Atypical Sterotype

Eagle Pass, TX

#11 Nov 16, 2011
Chilly wrote:
Shooting is not an option. Plus the risk of accidentally hurting someone or something else is too high. Antifreeze doesn't work, my cousin left a tray of antifreeze out for a week when we were kids and nothing happened. The dogs didn't go near the stuff. Plus that's kinda cruel(I heard it kills them slowly). My neighbor suggested a bear trap and a rented crossbow. I think I'll make one last complaint to the local PD before I resort to craziness.
It turns their kidneys into stones basically. Eventually they can't filter out their blood and urine, so they die.

Since: Sep 08

Crystal City, TX

#12 Nov 16, 2011
Atypical Sterotype wrote:
<quoted text>
It turns their kidneys into stones basically. Eventually they can't filter out their blood and urine, so they die.
so now you are an expert at dog killing, see what that reefer has done to you, its time to change brother!
tex

Uvalde, TX

#13 Nov 16, 2011
there are dog control laws in uvalde. call the cops and it will be taken care of
Atypical Sterotype

Eagle Pass, TX

#15 Nov 16, 2011
smileyface38 wrote:
<quoted text>so now you are an expert at dog killing, see what that reefer has done to you, its time to change brother!
I know a lot of things, I ate some knowledge fruit earlier.

Since: Sep 08

Crystal City, TX

#16 Nov 17, 2011
Atypical Sterotype wrote:
<quoted text>
I know a lot of things, I ate some knowledge fruit earlier.
its the wrong kind!
Countrygirl

Murchison, TX

#18 Oct 10, 2013
smileyface38 wrote:
<quoted text> so now you are an expert at dog killing, see what that reefer has done to you, its time to change brother!
. We live in the country and have called around trying to get help getting rid of a pack of wild dogs that are getting larger in numbers and braver. We keep getting told to shoot them because they are killing live stock and small pets, my Neighbor has around 100 Acres and gave us Permission to get rid of them any way we can problem I'm having is I don't want to use poison because they have cattle and some of the other Neighbors and myself have cats that hunt in the field plus we don't want to take the chance of poisoning the Coyotes not that there are many left due to the wild dogs. If I had to guess I would say there are close to 75 of them we here them at about dusk n I just listened to them for about 5 min while they ran threw the patch of woods what's the best way to get rid of them. Need a way to bait them in but at the same time try to stay safe they have been known to Attack people when confronted anyone have any suggestions
dog

United States

#19 Oct 10, 2013
Put a trap and when u catch them take them to the river and let them go wild their
Hahajshajhvsnsbb

Dunnellon, FL

#20 Nov 16, 2013
You gota get the old anti freeze. Once you have that, start saving good scraps in an old bucket and when you get about a pound poor about a cup and a half of anti freeze in with the bowl of scraps mix it up and then place the bowl in a concealed area where the dogs can still find it and I promise you won't have a dog problem any more. Had to do it three times. Hasn't failed yet!
Hahajshajhvsnsbb

Dunnellon, FL

#21 Nov 16, 2013
Food scraps**
Understand

Uvalde, TX

#22 Nov 16, 2013
That was a problem in my neighborhood at one time . I was told to call the police and they would get a hold of the dog catcher . It took a couple of months even the cops were helping the dog catcher getting them.
mike

Carrizo Springs, TX

#23 Nov 16, 2013
what u can do is let them look at your face u might kill them with your ugly ass face lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fathme Abraham is unprofessional and rude 26 min Sub 13
K-MART pargas 32 min She knows 7
Krista kids 40 min Player 12
Jerry Martines 55 min Lmao 6
Jt 1 hr Tiggg 4
Ralph and Roxanne arias 1 hr Asking fool 9
Ryan Hernandez 2 hr Chucho 3

Uvalde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance