First Prev
of 7
Next Last
What the hell

Austin, TX

#1 May 24, 2010
I heard that our new (White) superintendent is very racist. He aparently speaks "red neck and texan" but can't "understand the words that come out of Mrs. Ramiez (robbs principle)mouth". Per his words. I think we are in for more trouble with this new guy. Hey he comes from the same place as Brown as Brown has done such a good job (What a joke). At least this means Browns wife job is safe. What the hell have we gotten ourselves into again. We are still stuck with the dumb f***s on the school board. And know we have opened our door to another dumb f*** to run our school. Man are our schools in the shit hole.
Word

United States

#2 May 24, 2010
Wow, the guy hasn't even started and is getting bashed. Seriously? Give him a chance. BTW, Ramirez is a horrible principal. Learn to spell her name correctly. Just like a bad Uvaldean to call racism on someone they don't know. You need some serious help.
yup

United States

#3 May 24, 2010
all I know is that it's a habit for UCISD to hire unqualified applicants in order to control them. Loesch has had no prior experience as a superintendent (just like Brown) and he's never worked for a school this size, nor does he come from a school that was predominantly Hispanic. All that adds up to trouble just waiting to happen. I think it's obvious the board has no real interest in correcting their past mistakes. Let's hope Flores (the new trustee) can shake things up.
kyote

United States

#4 May 24, 2010
what difference does it make what race is if you can do the job or not? this is just uvalde race on the brain.
Panuch

Elgin, TX

#5 May 24, 2010
kyote wrote:
what difference does it make what race is if you can do the job or not? this is just uvalde race on the brain.
According to Fernandez, Mize has done a good job as a school board president. He might still be learning as a board member or he must be day dreaming during the board meeting.
Que Pasa

San Antonio, TX

#6 May 24, 2010
Que pasa raza? If the school is predominantly hispanic, doesn't it make sense that the super is hispanic or at least not a red neck? I say give him a chance since some in Uvalde are hispanic and don't even know it. It is kind of weird that one with no experience as a super is given the top job! Salgan a votar, raza!
tye

United States

#7 May 24, 2010
yall already had it in for him once you found out who they picked get over it and live with it!
sup

United States

#8 May 24, 2010
He is the superintendent of Wolfe City I.S.D., which has about 620 total students.
yup

United States

#9 May 24, 2010
sup wrote:
He is the superintendent of Wolfe City I.S.D., which has about 620 total students.
and how many students are in UCISD??? just because you can run a small school district doesn't mean you can run a large one. It's the same for Loesch as it was for Brown - he'll do his time then move on to a better job with more pay.

As for Fernandez, I think you're right - I was wondering why he always bought a pillow and a teddy bear to board meetings. Now with suck-ups like Edwards and Gerdes in there, even less will change.
kent

United States

#10 May 24, 2010
If u dont like who they picked for the position get over it or move somewhere else seems like your never satisfied
yup

United States

#11 May 24, 2010
kent wrote:
If u dont like who they picked for the position get over it or move somewhere else seems like your never satisfied
take your own advice - if you don't like my opinion, get over it and move on
baytown

United States

#12 May 24, 2010
Yall are the ones b****** about who they picked not me
Panuch

United States

#13 May 25, 2010
According to ULN, Mize is in a close contact with the new Super. It would nice to know how big of a collar or how long of a leash they have prepared for this new guy to U CISD.
concern

United States

#14 May 25, 2010
Yah, it appeared that Brown's collar was a bit too tight and the leash was a bit too short because, aside from the favor he has given, it showed that he did almost everything what the Masters of the Uvalde CISD wanted him to do. But of course he has gotten some good reward from them.
dont be unfair

United States

#15 May 26, 2010
Dont be too unfair ...Wolfe City had 3.4% Hispanic, 13% black, and 81% white ...sounds like racial diversity to me ....the new superintendent should last at least a couple of years.....fortunately citizens of Uvalde can be proactive when necessary , as they did in the honey Bowl issue...there is a board member from Batesville, it changes when folks fight back
yup

United States

#16 May 26, 2010
dont be unfair wrote:
Dont be too unfair ...Wolfe City had 3.4% Hispanic, 13% black, and 81% white ...sounds like racial diversity to me.
what? do you understand the meaning of the word "diversity"?

all I can say is that he's going to be in for somewhat of a shock. Hispanics (in Uvalde) don't think the same way Anglos do. You can be sure what worked in Wolfe City sure isn't going to work here.
tye

United States

#17 May 26, 2010
that for sure
Panuch

United States

#18 May 26, 2010
yup wrote:
<quoted text>
what? do you understand the meaning of the word "diversity"?
all I can say is that he's going to be in for somewhat of a shock. Hispanics (in Uvalde) don't think the same way Anglos do. You can be sure what worked in Wolfe City sure isn't going to work here.
Or the majority hispanic population might be in a rude awakening if they will turn this guy loose. Remember a 2 1/2 Hispanic representation in the school board is not enough to over come the control of the minority but more organized ,solid , social and polical machine.

Woman

United States

#19 May 26, 2010
Panuch wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the majority hispanic population might be in a rude awakening if they will turn this guy loose. Remember a 2 1/2 Hispanic representation in the school board is not enough to over come the control of the minority but more organized ,solid , social and polical machine.
Which trustee are you counting as half a person?
Word

United States

#20 May 26, 2010
dont be unfair wrote:
Dont be too unfair ...Wolfe City had 3.4% Hispanic, 13% black, and 81% white
Most of America has these statistics.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 4 min Abc de 532
Omero Reyes 15 min truth be known 19
blow 42 min Mee 17
if you're reading this.. 1 hr goku 1
Massage for $$$$ 1 hr looking 8
2 people from Uvalde has Ebola!! 3 hr come on now 71
Rip 4 hr wowsosad 6
Uvalde Dating
Find my Match

Uvalde Jobs