What happen in Campwood today heard t...

What happen in Campwood today heard there was a sh

Posted in the Uvalde Forum

joe

Uvalde, TX

#1 Oct 6, 2012
?
heard

Uvalde, TX

#2 Oct 6, 2012
This s just hear say but a woman and her daughter were shot by their neighbor off of leakey rd....he is a guy who can survive off theland and is still armed and on the loose (bob carter)...he was seen in town a couple of hours ago...still no reason why...the mom (jo watters) passed away and the daughter was air lifted to sa
news

Crystal City, TX

#3 Oct 6, 2012
The San Antonio news just confirmed the story. 2 dead and man still on the run (Robert Jones) considered armed and dangerous
glaw

Beaumont, TX

#4 Oct 6, 2012
two murdered, man escaped on atv, dps chopper en route from SA. the dogs are loose, the manhunt is on. ranch road 1051 regards.
Info

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Was he related to the people he killed? Why did he kill them?
Wisdom

San Antonio, TX

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Something to consider.. Everyone is curious and wants to know more about the details of this tragic situation. All of the accurate details will come in time. Once Law Enforcement apprehends this person and learns more about the unknowns-the facts will come out. Right now, people are filling in the blanks without being able to confirm truth. The difficulty in this type of exchange in social media is that the family (and the teenaged children) are reading everything that's being posted. Instead of asking questions that we may not truly know the answers to, let's instead offer prayers and support to this hurting family.
apac

Mountain Home, TX

#7 Oct 7, 2012
There is 3 dead but does any kno if robert carter has an family around the hill country an why he would go after the sweetest lady in town ? God please watch over our small comunity we dont need this stuff.right now
omg

Mountain Home, TX

#8 Oct 7, 2012
His name is not Robert Carter. It is Robert Jones and he is dead now from self inflicted wounds.
Laroux

Livingston, TX

#9 Oct 7, 2012
My parents own a ranch down the road from the scene. My family is on the way up there to check on things. They received a call from a ranch owner yesterday who told them everything going on. Thank god my family wasn't in town. The road was blocked off and law enforcement agencies were all over, on foot and in the air.

"Robert Jones" built a fort at the Y of the road a while back and lived in it. Everyone wondered who this crazy guy was. Apparently his fort blazed up and he went on a shooting spree. He shot up propane tanks and shot and killed Larry Carter down the road, his wife was not injured. Jones shot a vehicle passing by, killed the driver and the passenger escaped with a gun wound and called 911 at a nearby house. Bones were found in a fire and pieces of the bodies have been found. Jones escaped on an atv, but was found earlier today near the crime scenes. He committed suicide after his rampage. I don't know the name of the passer by just yet. I'm sure there are more gruesome details, but we don't need to hear everything. The main thing is the crazy guy is gone and hopefully this doesn't happen again. Please pray for the families and everyone involved.
lets get real

United States

#10 Oct 7, 2012
Laroux wrote:
My parents own a ranch down the road from the scene. My family is on the way up there to check on things. They received a call from a ranch owner yesterday who told them everything going on. Thank god my family wasn't in town. The road was blocked off and law enforcement agencies were all over, on foot and in the air.

"Robert Jones" built a fort at the Y of the road a while back and lived in it. Everyone wondered who this crazy guy was. Apparently his fort blazed up and he went on a shooting spree. He shot up propane tanks and shot and killed Larry Carter down the road, his wife was not injured. Jones shot a vehicle passing by, killed the driver and the passenger escaped with a gun wound and called 911 at a nearby house. Bones were found in a fire and pieces of the bodies have been found. Jones escaped on an atv, but was found earlier today near the crime scenes. He committed suicide after his rampage. I don't know the name of the passer by just yet. I'm sure there are more gruesome details, but we don't need to hear everything. The main thing is the crazy guy is gone and hopefully this doesn't happen again. Please pray for the families and everyone involved.
The people in the car were a mom and her daughter last name watters
lisa

Uvalde, TX

#11 Oct 7, 2012
The violence is getting closer you hear about things like this on the news and we think it can't happen here but it can God keep us safe
CitizenNice

United States

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Wisdom wrote:
Something to consider.. Everyone is curious and wants to know more about the details of this tragic situation. All of the accurate details will come in time. Once Law Enforcement apprehends this person and learns more about the unknowns-the facts will come out. Right now, people are filling in the blanks without being able to confirm truth. The difficulty in this type of exchange in social media is that the family (and the teenaged children) are reading everything that's being posted. Instead of asking questions that we may not truly know the answers to, let's instead offer prayers and support to this hurting family.
Then give the real facts...despite your relatives and integrity you are trying to salvage
CitizenNice

United States

#13 Oct 8, 2012
lisa wrote:
The violence is getting closer you hear about things like this on the news and we think it can't happen here but it can God keep us safe
White Trash hiding at its very wealthy best, good riddance to another bigotry raised generation and degenerates that went un-diagnosed and murdered the abortions that should have been. I feel sad for the families but when families and parents or "people" allow someone to be insane, build housing at a fork in the road, and aquire ammunition...you deserved it and it was predestined due to sheer ignorance"....oops, my bad" doesn't cover it. I pray for those innocent who died and wish HELL on the rest.
Laroux

Liberty, TX

#14 Oct 8, 2012
CitizenNice wrote:
<quoted text> White Trash hiding at its very wealthy best, good riddance to another bigotry raised generation and degenerates that went un-diagnosed and murdered the abortions that should have been. I feel sad for the families but when families and parents or "people" allow someone to be insane, build housing at a fork in the road, and aquire ammunition...you deserved it and it was predestined due to sheer ignorance"....oops, my bad" doesn't cover it. I pray for those innocent who died and wish HELL on the rest.
Murdered the abortions that should've been? That's pretty ignorant for someone to say. Considering the two innocent people murdered weren't related to the crazy guy and were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. They spoke up about him building a fort in the fork of the road and nothing was done. And how do "people" keep someone from being insane? That's another ignorant statement. Fact of the matter is, this guy was crazy and killed two innocent people. Get your facts right before you rant on about how someone should've controlled him or shouldn't have let him acquire ammunition. Really? Anyone can get ammunition, sane or insane. The two killed were friends of my family, both owning ranches down that road. My family also owns a ranch down the road from where this took place. Maybe I'm not quite understanding where you're coming from. I just hate to see two families belittled by such a comment, especially while going through such a traumatic situation. I hope these families find peace and hopefully you understand the situation a little better.
Dude

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2012
That shyt cray!!!
CitizenNice

United States

#16 Oct 9, 2012
Laroux wrote:
<quoted text>
Murdered the abortions that should've been? That's pretty ignorant for someone to say. Considering the two innocent people murdered weren't related to the crazy guy and were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. They spoke up about him building a fort in the fork of the road and nothing was done. And how do "people" keep someone from being insane? That's another ignorant statement. Fact of the matter is, this guy was crazy and killed two innocent people. Get your facts right before you rant on about how someone should've controlled him or shouldn't have let him acquire ammunition. Really? Anyone can get ammunition, sane or insane. The two killed were friends of my family, both owning ranches down that road. My family also owns a ranch down the road from where this took place. Maybe I'm not quite understanding where you're coming from. I just hate to see two families belittled by such a comment, especially while going through such a traumatic situation. I hope these families find peace and hopefully you understand the situation a little better.
I should have ellaborated on the inbred psycho path abortion that should've been comment with more direction which is the nut job with the gun and any of those that turned their heads and kept closing their eyes to a serious threat . And no, not everyone can aquire a firearm and amunition so easily unless it easily accesable

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Uvalde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jana strawn lives at kingk 1st floor 1 hr kingk 1
JOHN Z.and his Baby Mamas K.G.y S.L. 2 hr Your neighbor 3
Mari villa 5 hr Apt 512 1
Curandero in uvalde 5 hr Gigi 12
Carlos Moncada get a DNA 5 hr Told you DNA 1
Maria P. Rivas 5 hr Honey 10
JoeyZamora y Evelyn H. 6 hr Yolanda 2

Uvalde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Uvalde Mortgages