Storms strike Central Ohio

Storms strike Central Ohio

There are 12 comments on the The Advocate story from Oct 12, 2006, titled Storms strike Central Ohio. In it, The Advocate reports that:

NEWARK -- Northern Licking County was under a tornado warning for about 30 minutes Wednesday night, but only thunderstorms hit the area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Advocate.

newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 12, 2006
Not only did the Newark siren-button-pushers go ape, Columbus TV weather saviors about wet themselves in self-important horror-casts regarding impending doom for a state under attack from ...

... from a rain storm! Yes. It actually rained in Newark. But we were saved by the sirens and really scary meteorologists.

read about it at http://www.newarkteaparty.com
Noneya

United States

#3 Oct 13, 2006
BTW-Sorry about my typo, that should have asked:

Would you be praising them?
Noneya

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2006
So what if a tornado touched down in Licking County?

Would be praising them. If they did nothing and one touched down you seem like you would be griping about them not covering a thing.

The storm somewhat weakened before it hit Licking County.
Ms Canton

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2006
newarkteaparty wrote:
Not only did the Newark siren-button-pushers go ape, Columbus TV weather saviors about wet themselves in self-important horror-casts regarding impending doom for a state under attack from ...
... from a rain storm! Yes. It actually rained in Newark. But we were saved by the sirens and really scary meteorologists.
read about it at http://www.newarkteaparty.com
Hey, our Cleveland newscasters freak out the same way...people call in and they say, what's happening in your neighborhood...the caller says, ahhh it's raining! Exciting TV!!!!
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#5 Oct 14, 2006
Noneya wrote:
So what if a tornado touched down in Licking County?
Would be praising them. If they did nothing and one touched down you seem like you would be griping about them not covering a thing.
The storm somewhat weakened before it hit Licking County.
I think you need to re-read what I wrote. Tornadoes cannot be predicted. Period. All this noise is merely a show by government and media. And the hysteria associated with the recent heavy band of rain that passed over Licking County is a perfect example of government and media at their worst.
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#6 Oct 14, 2006
Ms Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, our Cleveland newscasters freak out the same way...people call in and they say, what's happening in your neighborhood...the caller says, ahhh it's raining! Exciting TV!!!!
The meterologist who stands outside in the rain, reporting on puddles and faraway lightening in the sky is doing his/her level best to make a story from nothing. You gotta give them credit for trying to scare you.
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#7 Oct 14, 2006
newarkteaparty wrote:
<quoted text>
The meterologist who stands outside in the rain, reporting on puddles and faraway lightening in the sky is doing his/her level best to make a story from nothing. You gotta give them credit for trying to scare you.
edit: lightning
Bluff Eversmoke

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 14, 2006
Sorry, but the NWS issuing a tornado warning has nothing to do with local media personally wetting themselves. Warnings are issued when a storm's mesocyclone is visible on doppler radar - this means the storm is capable of producing a tornado.

You can choose to ignore the warning sirens if you wish. Turn off. Tune out. No one cares what you do.

The fact is tornado warnings have saved thousands of lives as evidenced by the decreasing death tolls over the last century. It is also a fact that storm system did produce a significant tornado earlier.

As for the local media, well, what do you expect from a bunch of blow-dried former cheerleaders? They're fools catering to bigger fools. Ignore them.
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#9 Oct 15, 2006
Nobody can predict when a tornado will touch down, how long it will stay down, or where it will go - NWS included - so these sirens are a waste and a nuisance that can't be tuned out or ignored. They are used by government to call attention to its power and presence, the same reason media use weather to scare citizens.
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 15, 2006
Bluff Eversmoke wrote:
Sorry, but the NWS issuing a tornado warning has nothing to do with local media personally wetting themselves. Warnings are issued when a storm's mesocyclone is visible on doppler radar - this means the storm is capable of producing a tornado.
You can choose to ignore the warning sirens if you wish. Turn off. Tune out. No one cares what you do.
The fact is tornado warnings have saved thousands of lives as evidenced by the decreasing death tolls over the last century. It is also a fact that storm system did produce a significant tornado earlier.
As for the local media, well, what do you expect from a bunch of blow-dried former cheerleaders? They're fools catering to bigger fools. Ignore them.
Nobody can predict when a tornado will touch down, how long it will stay down, or where it will go - NWS included - so these sirens are a waste and a nuisance that can't be tuned out or ignored. They are used by government to call attention to its power and presence, the same reason media use weather to scare citizens.
Bluff Eversmoke

Columbus, OH

#11 Oct 15, 2006
I see. So it's all a big gubmint conspiracy to annoy you.
newarkteaparty

Columbus, OH

#12 Oct 15, 2006
Bluff Eversmoke wrote:
I see. So it's all a big gubmint conspiracy to annoy you.
Your impudent attitude in conjunction with your lack of reading-comprehension skills prove to my satisfaction that if you aren't already a government employee you at least have all the qualifications.

I give you the last word in this exchange, should you choose to further embarrass yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thirsty fat girl Mon Ewwww 1
Danielle Krzosky (Apr '15) Sep 16 Haha 20
Marley Kidd Sep 12 all the Kidds are... 1
Denise Ruza Sep 11 Billy Higgs 1
Cuckolding Sep 11 Cuckold44 1
Loretta Blair Sep 11 Rita Runion 2
Anyone know this trash ball (Mar '17) Sep 9 Victor D 4

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance