Will Planned Parenthood lose federal money?

Apr 6, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Utica Daily News

As federal politicians try to reach an agreement on exactly what the government should pay for, one of the points of contention includes whether or not the government will cease federal funds being sent to Planned Parenthood.

Comments
1 - 20 of 44 Comments Last updated Sep 23, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yankee

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

10

9

4

Hope so! I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars subsidizing the murder of innocents.
Bob

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Yankee wrote:
Hope so! I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars subsidizing the murder of innocents.
Then you also don't want to prevent any pregnancies?

Yeah, THAT makes sense.

“English isn't THAT hard.”

Since: Apr 11

Ilion

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Planned Parenthood isn't just a place for teenage girls to get abortions! It provides controceptives to prevent girls from getting pregnant before they are ready. Ever been to Wal-Mart when you're 16 to buy condoms? You can't. Depending on the cashier, they will not sell them to teens under 18. And even if you can, they are still pretty expensive. Planned Parenthood gives them out for free so that even though they may be young, they can protect themselves and do things a little bit more wisely then the rest of the valley.

So instead of your hard-earned tax dollars going towards "subsidizing the murder of innocents" would you rather pay for unwed teenage mothers and their children because they were not able to get condoms or other forms of birth control because Planned Parenthod lost federal money?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 6, 2011
 

Judged:

5

3

2

We all are going to pay someday for all the innocents we destroy every year. Using abortion for contraception is about the most selfish thing I can think of. Planned Parenthood should be funded without the help of taxpayer dollars. There are so few anymore that take real responsibility for their actions. Planned Parenthood is a disgrace. "Grammar Please", is there really any stigma any more with having a baby and not being married? The girls now days have so little respect for themselves it is disgusting. A major disgrace for America is the way we have sexualized are children. STOP ABORTION, it's no a choice, it's a baby.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

6

4

4

Yankee wrote:
Hope so! I don't want my hard-earned tax dollars subsidizing the murder of innocents.
Why don't you keep your stinking nose out of the private lives of women you have never and will never meet. God are you anti-choice fascists perverted.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

unRighteous Brother wrote:
We all are going to pay someday for all the innocents we destroy every year. Using abortion for contraception is about the most selfish thing I can think of. Planned Parenthood should be funded without the help of taxpayer dollars. There are so few anymore that take real responsibility for their actions. Planned Parenthood is a disgrace. "Grammar Please", is there really any stigma any more with having a baby and not being married? The girls now days have so little respect for themselves it is disgusting. A major disgrace for America is the way we have sexualized are children. STOP ABORTION, it's no a choice, it's a baby.
God, another right wing pervert. This is what you spend your time thinking about, the private sex lives of strangers.

What has made you this sick in the head. Get out of other people's lives you self-righteous weirdo.
Roark

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

It is not the role of government to provide birth control. If it is so critical, let those who believe in the organization donate their money. Whether it's this organization, radio and TV stations or other business subsidies, the government ought to get out of the expensive picture.
Bob

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Roark, but the gov't (i.e. you, the taxpayer) WILL be paying for those children born to women very poor or very young without means. Wouldn't you rather see the pregnancies prevented in the first place???

If it's money you're worried about (and it seems to be in your case), prevention is a hell of a lot cheaper than consequence.
Bobs Buddy

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm glad for planned parenthood. Otherwise I'd be paying child support for at least two little buggers. It's better to have an abortion than have to pay forever.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

The rightwing perverts who cannot stop dreaming about the wombs of young women they have never met and will never meet are forever messing up everything.

They are useless.
Oregon Is Disgusting

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 7, 2011
 
Roark wrote:
It is not the role of government to provide birth control. If it is so critical, let those who believe in the organization donate their money. Whether it's this organization, radio and TV stations or other business subsidies, the government ought to get out of the expensive picture.
It is not the role of government to provide corporate welfare or TARP or noncompete crap contracts for the likes of Halliburton. It is not the role of government to dictate what a woman does with her own body.

It is not the role of government to subsidize churches by letting them go tax free.
Roark

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob, the problem with your argument is that pouring money into Planned Parenthood has not reduced teen pregancy and resulting single parent families. Plus, all I'm really saying is that Planned Parenthood gets part of its money from the taxpayer. People as you who believe in its mission and performance ought to simply open their wallets wider. The bottum line is that PP and a host of other activities are not, nor were intended to be goverment functions both under Constitutional or logical standards.
Jizz Rodgers

Springfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

I'm against abortion, and feel they should still get money to prevent unwanted pregnancy and STDs, but with the stipulation that it can't use federal funds in abortion matters. This is not just because I don't support abortion, however because it is such a controversial issue in regards to human life, religion, and what some consider murder.
nh315

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I had no idea that planned parenthood was funded by the government until recently. I think it's ridiculous, tax payers should not be paying for these types of services, especially abortion. Here we are fighting in other countries to prevent humanitarian crimes however our government supports an organization that murders innocent babies? And yes when a babies heart is beating, it's living and to end that life is murder.
Bob

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Roark wrote:
Bob, the problem with your argument is that pouring money into Planned Parenthood has not reduced teen pregancy and resulting single parent families. Plus, all I'm really saying is that Planned Parenthood gets part of its money from the taxpayer. People as you who believe in its mission and performance ought to simply open their wallets wider. The bottum line is that PP and a host of other activities are not, nor were intended to be goverment functions both under Constitutional or logical standards.
How do you know it hasn't reduced teen pregnancy? I think unwanted pregnancies would be up ten-fold if not for PP. With all the education & birth control they have provided through the years, just think of how many children would have been born if it WASN'T for them? And I'm not talking about abortions here, just birth control/education.
The Solution

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 8, 2011
 
Closing Planned Parenthood would result in a larger welfare population of "gimmes, I'm entitled" and so will grow the Demo-can't" party with all these new party members. STOP WELFARE and we will see people FORCED to be responsible and perhaps think twice before hittin that crack pipe and putting their fat cankles behind their ears for every moon cricket out there with a glass pipe.
Yankee

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oregon Is Disgusting wrote:
<quoted text>
God, another right wing pervert. This is what you spend your time thinking about, the private sex lives of strangers.
What has made you this sick in the head. Get out of other people's lives you self-righteous weirdo.
YOUR "private sex life" can be paid for with YOUR money.Stay out of other people's pockets!
hmmm

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Exactly our country is sinking because of programs like these. Planned parenthood shouldn't be govt funded. Period! Welfare needs to be for emergencies only, for short periods of time, you should have to pass random drug tests and if capable should have to volunteer in local communities.

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The common belief is that Planned Parenthood is providing abortions to low income women. The truth is that most of the abortions done at Planned Parenthood are for middle and upper-middle class women whose primary insurers will not pay for then. So basically we are providing free health services to those who can but do not want to pay for them. I know they claim to have a sliding scale for services, but nobody is ever asked to provide proof of need.
Enough is Enough

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There is no reason for the government to be paying for either abortions or for birth control pills for teens (or anyone, for that matter). Maybe parents should start taking responsibility for their kids by teaching them about the consequences of pre-marital sex. If their daughters decide they want to spread their legs for every Tom, Dick and Harry, then let the parent provide them with birth control pills. And, if 'darling little Suzie' gets pregnant, do the right thing and put the baby up for adoption. Abortions are murder and need to be outlawed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rcil employment 33 min Underpaid 7
stalker obsession problems 1 hr purple n green dr... 5
little league world series 1 hr Nevada 5
why pay for fireworks?? 1 hr Big Time 10
utica national (Jun '13) 1 hr NY Voter 518
Georgio's - great food and vino 2 hr Fred and Ethel 79
ND or Proctor Football: Who will have the bette... 2 hr Fat Tony Salerno 67
utica aud 3 hr Umm OK 89
Raspberry owner divorcing what happened? 4 hr Pitter Pat Cuse ny 7
Debate: Ferguson - Utica, NY 12 hr Oh well 95

Search the Utica Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••