Proctor teacher dead following shooting in Old Forge

Aug 25, 2012 Full story: WKTV 188

A Proctor High School teacher has died following a shooting in Old Forge, according to New York State Police.

Full Story
dumb as u

Utica, NY

#103 Aug 28, 2012
It sounds weird... the Herk. Co. AD says " the GUN USED to Kill her" .. I don't know just being a Hardy Boy
dumb as u

Utica, NY

#104 Aug 28, 2012
sorry the DA
Total Loser

Baldwinsville, NY

#106 Aug 28, 2012
Ann wrote:
<quoted text>
I would know if this were true. It is in fact not.
Have you talked to Divina?????
duane

Utica, NY

#107 Aug 28, 2012
ron wrote:
Why is the OD reluctant to investigate this matter? Could it be that their new star editor is a north utica guy who went to school with the "witness"?
I think the bigger question is why are you a huge pile of whale waste
?
Question

Baldwinsville, NY

#108 Aug 28, 2012
Whats the explanation for her bra abd wallet being out in the road? Not common behavior in a suicide.
Orange Jumpsuit

Utica, NY

#109 Aug 28, 2012
They fought all day long she was throwing stuff at him.

Sorry it's over with, the state police are done with Joe.

Catherine told the medics she shot herself. The DA just has to make sure a person with a head wound can make an accurate statement.

The evidence has to reflect that.

For the naysayers Joe tested negative for drugs...

The autopsy took a while because Catherine was an organ donor and they needed to find recipients.

Case closed onto the civil suit!

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#111 Aug 29, 2012
I observe there are two streams of thought here regarding the complete lack of detail being released to the public. Many seem to believe the authorities are withholding information in order to build a cover story, presumably to protect a member of the law enforcement community who may have played a role in the woman's death.

Others believe the authorities want to solve the case before releasing any information out of fear that premature release may limit their ability to get to the bottom of the story.

What concerns me is whether or not the public will ever know the full story. That concern grows as the delay in making public announcements grows.
Really

Watertown, NY

#112 Aug 29, 2012
Orange Jumpsuit wrote:
They fought all day long she was throwing stuff at him.
Sorry it's over with, the state police are done with Joe.
Catherine told the medics she shot herself. The DA just has to make sure a person with a head wound can make an accurate statement.
The evidence has to reflect that.
For the naysayers Joe tested negative for drugs...
The autopsy took a while because Catherine was an organ donor and they needed to find recipients.
Case closed onto the civil suit!
Judged:1

I saw them just a few minutes prior to Joe and Cat leaving Tony Harpers, she was all over him. She was gaga over him... She was happy. This behavior does not switch that suddenly to a state of depression and only moments later to shoot yourself.

In addition, she had never handled a gun before... She would not even know how to operate one...unlock, cock, etc.

Also, walking from Tony Harpers to their hotel room they would logically cut through the parking lot to their room...not down the street towards the lake where her bra, wallet and cap were found...this planting of the evidence is suspicious...

And lastly, wittnesses have indicated that the two were on the front lawn arguing and she may have been nude or partially nude and he was screaming "What you don't want to F me anymore?".

I don't know Joe personally but know many people who do, including his ex wife Divina. His past behaviors all point to the possibility of him being capable of murder. She, however, does not have a history of suicidal tendencies.

I also agree that suicide is easily proven by the forensic investigation and the autopsy. So, my guess is that Mr. Moores best line of defense would be accidential death, but that does not align with what his 911 call said.

Personally, I believe the delay in an arrest is because they are creating an air tight case... Where at that time the only people who will want to F him are his fellow inmates.

RIP Cat, and may justice prevail.
lois lane

Syracuse, NY

#114 Aug 29, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Judged:1
I saw them just a few minutes prior to Joe and Cat leaving Tony Harpers, she was all over him. She was gaga over him... She was happy. This behavior does not switch that suddenly to a state of depression and only moments later to shoot yourself.
In addition, she had never handled a gun before... She would not even know how to operate one...unlock, cock, etc.
Also, walking from Tony Harpers to their hotel room they would logically cut through the parking lot to their room...not down the street towards the lake where her bra, wallet and cap were found...this planting of the evidence is suspicious...
And lastly, wittnesses have indicated that the two were on the front lawn arguing and she may have been nude or partially nude and he was screaming "What you don't want to F me anymore?".
I don't know Joe personally but know many people who do, including his ex wife Divina. His past behaviors all point to the possibility of him being capable of murder. She, however, does not have a history of suicidal tendencies.
I also agree that suicide is easily proven by the forensic investigation and the autopsy. So, my guess is that Mr. Moores best line of defense would be accidential death, but that does not align with what his 911 call said.
Personally, I believe the delay in an arrest is because they are creating an air tight case... Where at that time the only people who will want to F him are his fellow inmates.
RIP Cat, and may justice prevail.
exactly my thoughts..RIP, catherine
TV GUIDE

Boston, MA

#115 Aug 29, 2012
ICE T wrote:
Sounds like a coverup in the making. A retired state trooper a couple rooms down and the witness's best friend a active duty state trooper. We all know the DA is going to rule it a suicide. Sounds like an upcoming episode on Law & Order SVU (special victims unit) stay tuned.
The names will be changed to protect the innocent.
Dontworry

United States

#116 Aug 29, 2012
There is definitely a lot of shady work going on here!! So much hesitation on saying who she was with and who the "witness" is.

"This could be wrapped up in another day, or in about two weeks" ~~ really, depending on how many asses you need to protect

"Gun powder would be found on all of us, him, you, me, if a shot was fired here" -- last I checked working in law enforcement for 18 years and firing weapons, the most concentrated area of powder would be on the hand in which the gun was fired in. Not everyone would have an equal amount of residue on them...

"The gun is legally registered" ~~ to whom, your unnamed witness?? Your retired state trooper?? Why such a secret of who it's registered to if it was legal??

Where did the DA get his credentials from???

This guy is either a K-Mart educated DA, or has a lot of ass to cover and favors to pay back!!!!

R.I.P. Catherine- You were and amazing person!!!
Curious

New Hartford, NY

#117 Aug 29, 2012
Why has her Face Book page which has not been set to private scrubbed for the last 3 years going back to 2009 on the timeline? Seems like this would be tampering by an outsider like a friend or family member? Wouldn't authorities want to temporarily disable her page and review pictures, etc?
Technologic Era

Boonville, NY

#118 Aug 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
Why has her Face Book page which has not been set to private scrubbed for the last 3 years going back to 2009 on the timeline? Seems like this would be tampering by an outsider like a friend or family member? Wouldn't authorities want to temporarily disable her page and review pictures, etc?
The beauty of this technological world we live in is that no matter what, anything that is put through a computer can pretty much always in someone be retrieved even though it is believed to be erased. Let this be a lesson to anyone and maybe take a little caution before posting all of your personal details. Facebook in particular is next to impossible to truly delete. It takes a significant amount of time and never truly escapes the world wide web.

It's crazy that all of these mindless details are being focused on by people who have nothing to do with any of this. The people handling this investigation are in search of the answers that they were trained to ask. The whole object of asking these questions is to find out the truth of what happened, and to date no one knows the answers. NO ONE!!! The bigger point here is for all of us to focus on any lesson we can learn here, feel compassion for every person involved, mourn anyone who has been taken from us by death or even their involvement in another's death, absolutely cherishing those we love and letting them know, and focus on the blessings we have been given and the life we are living.
Family

Springfield, MA

#119 Aug 29, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Judged:1

I saw them just a few minutes prior to Joe and Cat leaving Tony Harpers, she was all over him. She was gaga over him... She was happy. This behavior does not switch that suddenly to a state of depression and only moments later to shoot yourself.

In addition, she had never handled a gun before... She would not even know how to operate one...unlock, cock, etc.

Also, walking from Tony Harpers to their hotel room they would logically cut through the parking lot to their room...not down the street towards the lake where her bra, wallet and cap were found...this planting of the evidence is suspicious...

And lastly, wittnesses have indicated that the two were on the front lawn arguing and she may have been nude or partially nude and he was screaming "What you don't want to F me anymore?".

I don't know Joe personally but know many people who do, including his ex wife Divina. His past behaviors all point to the possibility of him being capable of murder. She, however, does not have a history of suicidal tendencies.

I also agree that suicide is easily proven by the forensic investigation and the autopsy. So, my guess is that Mr. Moores best line of defense would be accidential death, but that does not align with what his 911 call said.

Personally, I believe the delay in an arrest is because they are creating an air tight case... Where at that time the only people who will want to F him are his fellow inmates.

RIP Cat, and may justice prevail.
A civil suit is already in the works.
OMG

Syracuse, NY

#120 Aug 29, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
A civil suit is already in the works.
Have Obama throw in free health care for your scumbag family.
Hahahaha

United States

#121 Aug 29, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
A civil suit is already in the works.
I wouldn't doubt it knowing this family!!!!
Do wrong against them and they will SUE!!! They are money hungry people.

Wonder if the pedophile father has answered to his charges yet. That has been a quiet topic after being reported back in December. Guess they need extra cash to help pay for his lawyers and some bribe money to get him off.

Have seen old post about the sister Nicole Rosser on Topix from the past also. Seems to be a fine upstanding family here!!!!
Hahahaha

United States

#123 Aug 29, 2012
Family wrote:
<quoted text>
A civil suit is already in the works.
This is the sickest post yet!!! I hope to god this wasn't posted by someone in Catherine's family.
Shouldn't their response be
"We are eager to find out the truth."
" The truth will help justice prevail here"
Something along those lines?? No. Instead the report on Catherine's body isn't even finalized and they are worried and mee concerned about suing. Goes to show how this family really is.
Do not drop the soap

Watertown, NY

#124 Aug 29, 2012
Hahahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the sickest post yet!!! I hope to god this wasn't posted by someone in Catherine's family.
Shouldn't their response be
"We are eager to find out the truth."
" The truth will help justice prevail here"
Something along those lines?? No. Instead the report on Catherine's body isn't even finalized and they are worried and mee concerned about suing. Goes to show how this family really is.
You're obviously a friend Joe's. Have fun visiting him. Remind him not to drop the soap.
Touch your toes

Utica, NY

#125 Aug 29, 2012
He just had teeth tattoos put on his butt to maintain one way traffic.
belinda

Syracuse, NY

#126 Aug 29, 2012
nutsos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker 5 min Gaggy 23
ND blows out Proctor!!! 7 min Old time Panther 12
Sangertown To Close 13 min Breaking News 1
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 16 min 75 Scorpio 1,912
stewarts 21 min More Specifically 8
RICKS Place is the new 2J's 28 min BBC 29
new OTA station GetTV 42 min antenna tv 1
Most Women are Unstable These Days 2 hr kissmyazz 22
Sexy Bartenders/waitresses at Delmonico's! 5 hr UncleTony 12
Faking orgasms 11 hr paradise found 18
Utica Comets leaving after 2016 season!... 12 hr Gay Clifton Park Guy 20

Winter Storm Watch for Oneida County was issued at January 31 at 3:44AM EST

Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:59 pm PST

Bleacher Report 7:59PM
Why the NY Giants Absolutely Must Draft ILB Denzel Perryman
NBC Sports 6:29 AM
Todd Bowles: I can't say now if Geno is or isn't our quarterback
NFL 7:51 AM
Bills GM: EJ Manuel knows he needs to 'step up'
Bleacher Report 8:03 AM
Did the Jets Get It Right? Grading Woody Johnson's Offseason Moves
Yahoo! Sports11:24 AM
New Browns OC unfazed by QB uncertainty
Bleacher Report11:36 AM
Ex-QB: Equipment Staff Fixes Brady's Balls
Bleacher Report 7:29 PM
How the Jets Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report 8:01 PM
5 2nd Round Prospects Jets Should Target
NBC Sports 5:15 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:09 AM
Perry Fewell to interview for position coach job with 49ers