rocco giruzzi
French Road

Utica, NY

#27 Sep 6, 2011
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Which candidates are you referring too? Name some names and I completely agree with your comment btw
Here is how their education shakes out:

Master's Degrees: 3 (Giruzzi, Kraus, Williamson)

BA/BS Degrees: 8 (Adams, Vescera, King, Cavaretta, Marino, Arcuri, Colosimo, Doyle)

AS Degrees: 6 (Tanoury, Shanley, Bucciero, Meola, Zecca, Julian)

"Some college level classes(whatever that means): 8 (Pelesic, Testa, Scalise, Mazzo, McKinsey, Bruno, Caruso, Morehouse)

High school education: 1 (Boykin).

I know for a fact that at least two and possibly 3(Tanoury, Meola, Julian) do not have the AS they say they have.
BA/BS degrees not 100% sure, but I question all as to not having a degree, or having a degree in a field that does not lend itself to be a city head, or even contributing positively to the overall benefit of a city.

Masters in Education and a masters in communication..... I'm sorry but they do not remotely suggest they can solve fiscal as well as social issues facing Utica
edumacation

United States

#28 Sep 6, 2011
Cavaretta has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science with a concentration in Public Management and minor in Public Health. I'm a good friend of his and I know that is what he attended UAlbany for.
a real South Utican

Camillus, NY

#29 Sep 6, 2011
edumacation wrote:
Cavaretta has a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science with a concentration in Public Management and minor in Public Health. I'm a good friend of his and I know that is what he attended UAlbany for.
Well I have lived in South Utica many years, and I would say George Mitchell and Rocco Giruzzi were both almost worthless in office. While one council member can't change the world, you can be a pain in the ass and an advocate for your district. Giruzzi is not. Whether you like them or not, you at least hear from Vescera, Zecca, and some of the others. It's time for someone new; they couldn't do any less than Giruzzi has.
I agree

United States

#30 Sep 6, 2011
a real South Utican wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I have lived in South Utica many years, and I would say George Mitchell and Rocco Giruzzi were both almost worthless in office. While one council member can't change the world, you can be a pain in the ass and an advocate for your district. Giruzzi is not. Whether you like them or not, you at least hear from Vescera, Zecca, and some of the others. It's time for someone new; they couldn't do any less than Giruzzi has.
I think the idea behind ward representation is to back your own community when city services need to be deployed. Snow plowing is important too, I think the city needs to consider better snowplowing and I know smaller streets get shafted. Giruzzi has no will to the people of South Utica, he lives all the way on one said. Cavaretta atleast lives almost directly in the middle where he can see both the good and bad areas. I think he wants a presents in the Holland Ave area as well as down on the 13502 side because the root of the problem is there. If you can stop the unsightly property issues down the hill, then it may go away and not seep into the rest of South Utica. A vote for him is a vote for progress and passion in your community
going downhill

Camillus, NY

#31 Sep 7, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the idea behind ward representation is to back your own community when city services need to be deployed. Snow plowing is important too, I think the city needs to consider better snowplowing and I know smaller streets get shafted. Giruzzi has no will to the people of South Utica, he lives all the way on one said. Cavaretta atleast lives almost directly in the middle where he can see both the good and bad areas. I think he wants a presents in the Holland Ave area as well as down on the 13502 side because the root of the problem is there. If you can stop the unsightly property issues down the hill, then it may go away and not seep into the rest of South Utica. A vote for him is a vote for progress and passion in your community
check out what's going on on Hawthorne, Cornwall and some of the side streets between Roosevelt and Sunset; houses carved into apartments that are not very well taken care of, garbage in yards, pit bulls on the loose. And yes, the areas around Holland Ave. could go this direction very soon also. This was not nearly as noticeable 10 or 15 years ago but of course all the jobs we've lost and people who've fled the city have not helped. You have to stop blight before it's too late; Southwest Utica will soon be as bad as Central and West Utica if something isn't done soon.
French Road

Cortland, NY

#32 Sep 7, 2011
going downhill wrote:
<quoted text>
check out what's going on on Hawthorne, Cornwall and some of the side streets between Roosevelt and Sunset; houses carved into apartments that are not very well taken care of, garbage in yards, pit bulls on the loose. And yes, the areas around Holland Ave. could go this direction very soon also. This was not nearly as noticeable 10 or 15 years ago but of course all the jobs we've lost and people who've fled the city have not helped. You have to stop blight before it's too late; Southwest Utica will soon be as bad as Central and West Utica if something isn't done soon.
You are 100% correct. Richardson Ave is the same way; nice 2 family homes carved up into 6 unit apartments. The "tenants" move in and out in the mid-week, leaving a pile of junk and garbage by the curb. It is looking more and more like West Utica and Cornhill.
Again another tip of the cap towards the CODES Dept.
I agree

United States

#33 Sep 7, 2011
French Road wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct. Richardson Ave is the same way; nice 2 family homes carved up into 6 unit apartments. The "tenants" move in and out in the mid-week, leaving a pile of junk and garbage by the curb. It is looking more and more like West Utica and Cornhill.
Again another tip of the cap towards the CODES Dept.
Well if thats the case, you tell all your friends and family that live in South Utica to vote out Rocco Giruzzi. Otherwise, he'll win again and still do nothing
French Road

Utica, NY

#34 Sep 8, 2011
I agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if thats the case, you tell all your friends and family that live in South Utica to vote out Rocco Giruzzi. Otherwise, he'll win again and still do nothing
It's being done. The difficulty is he's an incumbent and his opponent has no name recognition. Voters locally seem to vote for incumbents, and will pull the lever for a name they recognize (paper, radio, TV) whether that person has done a good job or not.

Overall Oneida County and central NY voters are lazy in that they will not research or make an effort to become informed about any candidate. Additionally the media has swayed more elections than I care to recall .... they have literally got more people elected than deserved to be elected (Boehlert, Destito, and probably Picente and Brindisi)
South Utica

AOL

#35 Sep 8, 2011
Rocco is a blank.What has he said as a councilperson--in fact he has never been quoted.Buddy with Julian.Time to move on Rocco.
I agree

Auburn, NY

#36 Sep 8, 2011
French Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's being done. The difficulty is he's an incumbent and his opponent has no name recognition. Voters locally seem to vote for incumbents, and will pull the lever for a name they recognize (paper, radio, TV) whether that person has done a good job or not.
Overall Oneida County and central NY voters are lazy in that they will not research or make an effort to become informed about any candidate. Additionally the media has swayed more elections than I care to recall .... they have literally got more people elected than deserved to be elected (Boehlert, Destito, and probably Picente and Brindisi)
Well if you want to contribute to getting his name out, contact him and get lawn signs put up around your neighborhood. I have seen lawn signs placed for Cavaretta around the neighborhood and that could help name recognition. It'll certainly help
South Utican

AOL

#37 Sep 9, 2011
Giruzzi is a disappointment.
pollwatcher

Camillus, NY

#38 Sep 9, 2011
French Road wrote:
<quoted text>
It's being done. The difficulty is he's an incumbent and his opponent has no name recognition. Voters locally seem to vote for incumbents, and will pull the lever for a name they recognize (paper, radio, TV) whether that person has done a good job or not.
Overall Oneida County and central NY voters are lazy in that they will not research or make an effort to become informed about any candidate. Additionally the media has swayed more elections than I care to recall .... they have literally got more people elected than deserved to be elected (Boehlert, Destito, and probably Picente and Brindisi)
If Tim Russert were alive, he might well say 'there are three reasons for this:'it's the opponents, the opponents, and the opponents!' Can anyone even remember a credible opponent for Boehlert since he started out(it either was some right-wing nutjob, or a sacrificial Democrat with no ideas); Destito (besides Greg Johnson, Lapolla and Barb Klein I can't even remember who any of them were); or Picente (Leon Koziol or Mike Hennessy for cryin out loud, and Potocki is only marginally better.) If more credible people from different walks of life besides long-time kooks, grumps, and vindictive whack jobs would throw their hat into the ring, maybe there'd be some new blood in office. Matt seems like a good kid, and he just needs to try again if it doesn't work this time. We need to encourage people to start with council or school board, because that's the way to build name recognition and move on to bigger and better things. Too many candidates want to bypass the grass roots level and start at the top, and they don't have the money or the polish to knock off a member of Congress or the state legislature. Brindisi actually seems like he sincerely wants to help the area and is one of the better candidates we've had for a while; he certainly has more potential than Griffo, Tenny, Townsend, or some others we've been stuck with. Frankly I'm just glad Roefaro didn't run for the seat; we could have been stuck with 20 years of him in the state legislature.
renee

Santa Barbara, CA

#39 Dec 22, 2011
baby i love you
Melrose

AOL

#40 Dec 22, 2011
Giruzzi has no ability and he is less than your average teacher.
wow

Herkimer, NY

#41 Dec 22, 2011
he is a zero .... who talks to him other than his brothers ... all talk
Political Junky

AOL

#42 Dec 23, 2011
What happened to his political adds in the paper on holidays.OOPS another fundraiser needed.
Philly G

Marcellus, NY

#43 Feb 4, 2012
wow wrote:
he is a zero .... who talks to him other than his brothers ... all talk
i would be interested to know who talks to you i believe a zero is someone who anonomously bashesa people when they certainly wouldnt say anything to the persons face
South Utica

AOL

#44 Feb 5, 2012
Rooco is dumb.Did you ever read any comments from him?He is afraid of Vescera.
Just Sayin

Baldwinsville, NY

#45 Feb 5, 2012
South Utica wrote:
Rooco is dumb.Did you ever read any comments from him?He is afraid of Vescera.
Deep-seated jealousy becomes you. No matter what you call yourself on these posts no one cares. Mr. Giruzzi gets re elected overwhelmingly time after time, so I guess what you think doesn't really matter in this city.
Philly G

Marcellus, NY

#46 Feb 5, 2012
South Utica wrote:
Rooco is dumb.Did you ever read any comments from him?He is afraid of Vescera.
you say rocco is dumb but you are the one who misspelled an easy word like rocco theres only one o in rocco genius

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
SLICE pizza "fundraiser" 2 min Dave 5
Temiah Garrett (Mar '12) 6 min Its only me 8
apac 18 min Apac 1
Jreck subs coming to yorkville 32 min ESL 17
Mayors $20,000 raise 34 min old taxpayer 15
Sam wessing 38 min dare 34
please beat them in the LL world series 47 min lol 3
Ranking Utica Prostitutes 1 hr Blue 238
Affair outside bennu in whitesboro 1 hr Gram 24
kristen drama queen copeland (Sep '14) 5 hr cameljocky 27
Biggest RAT in ufd 12 hr Always got your 6 33

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages