First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Bootsys Mom

AOL

#1 Jul 21, 2008
Im still reeling from my bill. Close to $300! Shots, blood work, drops, off visit etc. Holy crap! This is for a cat. I wanted to cry. Suppose we got to pay for the tv commercials. Never again there.
Mom of two dogs

Redmond, WA

#2 Jul 21, 2008
Thats crazy,I go to Burrstone and they are great.
Ridiculous

Liverpool, NY

#3 Jul 22, 2008
Just to walk in the door its like 75 bucks and sprirals from there. I bet the avg visit is 300. I also seem to be around there when I go. My dog is overdue his rabies but I dont want to fork over that kind of cash. Does the SSHS hold any rabies clinics ? Does anyone know ?
Dog lover

Camillus, NY

#4 Jul 22, 2008
Ridiculous wrote:
Just to walk in the door its like 75 bucks and sprirals from there. I bet the avg visit is 300. I also seem to be around there when I go. My dog is overdue his rabies but I dont want to fork over that kind of cash. Does the SSHS hold any rabies clinics ? Does anyone know ?
Yes they do. SSHS holds them every other wednesday in the afternoon. Not sure of the exact time but you can call. They have one coming up, not tomorrow but a week from tomorrow. I believe the cost is 10 dollars.

Since: Jul 08

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 22, 2008
Been going there for almost 20 years. Have many animals and the care is great there. Yeah the prices have gone up since I 1st started going there, but so has the cost of being in business.
Mc Gruff

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2008
The Angry Engraver wrote:
Been going there for almost 20 years. Have many animals and the care is great there. Yeah the prices have gone up since I 1st started going there, but so has the cost of being in business.
Things have gone up in Naples Florida too.
He owns a mansion on the water there.

Rome, NY

#7 Jul 22, 2008
Sure about that?
Mc Gruff

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2008
The Angry Engraver wrote:
Sure about that?
About what?
guess who

Rome, NY

#9 Jul 22, 2008
Paris Hill Cat hopsital is the best place for cats. Its on 12 south on the way to waterville

Rome, NY

#10 Jul 22, 2008
Mc Gruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Things have gone up in Naples Florida too.
He owns a mansion on the water there.
This
happy

United States

#11 Jul 22, 2008
Waterville vet is top notch in my book. Drive a little but you save alot and the care is winderful.
Meow

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2008
happy wrote:
Waterville vet is top notch in my book. Drive a little but you save alot and the care is winderful.
Yep,
Dr Gilcrest is the best.
He only has a place at Sylvan Beach and not naples Florida.
So he is cheaper.
I Care

New Hartford, NY

#13 Jul 22, 2008
NH Animal Hospital and the vets care for nothing but how much money they can squeeze out of you. They don,t care about the animals suffering. they just see those dollar signs. Took my 20 year old dog there that was sick and had cancer, they sugested an operation and i wasn't sure about it. I was woried about the dog suffering, they said nooooo the dog is healthy so i went along with it. 2000.00 later the tumor returned (in a month) so i took her to another vet who said that she was to far along in the cancer and she was suffering. Thats all NH wants is MONEY. Herkimer Vet is Tthe bomb.
meow mix

Syracuse, NY

#14 Jul 22, 2008
dan gilcrest came out on a sunday to treat our cat we drove there at2pm he showed up in a suit it shoows his heart is way ok' i recomend him to alll pet owners five stars for waterville animal hospital,,,,,,,,,,,,
hostage

Camillus, NY

#15 Jul 22, 2008
my elderly neighbor's dog was hit by a car and he rushed him in on a Sunday evening. The dog was stitched up and required an overnight stay. When the bill came to $1200 my neighbor couldn't afford to pay it all at once and asked if he could pay half then and the other half on the first when his pension check came. The answer was a flat out no! They would not release the animal until full payment was made and charge an addition $30 per day for boarding. I loaned the poor guy the money and found a new vet for my animals.
Wow

United States

#16 Jul 22, 2008
hostage wrote:
my elderly neighbor's dog was hit by a car and he rushed him in on a Sunday evening. The dog was stitched up and required an overnight stay. When the bill came to $1200 my neighbor couldn't afford to pay it all at once and asked if he could pay half then and the other half on the first when his pension check came. The answer was a flat out no! They would not release the animal until full payment was made and charge an addition $30 per day for boarding. I loaned the poor guy the money and found a new vet for my animals.
Wow Frank Mondi seems heartless.
Allah Shazam

New York, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2008
hostage wrote:
I have switched from NH Animal Hospital to Waterville with Dr. Gilchrist! What a difference in prices, care and compassion! My experience with Dr. Mondi and his staff (after they oversaw my animals for 7+ years) is, to say the least, disheartening.

In a nutshell, my 2 year old cat contracted some mysterious disease and was being treated for 2 weeks by Dr. Mondi before deciding to put him to sleep (after bilking me close to $2,000). Dr. Mondi was kind enough to suggest to me to "take him home over the weekend and see how he does." The weekend I took the cat home I made an emergency call around midnight to his so-called 24 hour emergency number. I took my cat and was told he needed to be put to sleep. The tech refused to allow me to stay with my animal. They rushed me so quickly out of the office that I had a total of 5 mins with my beloved cat (that included the tech telling me the cat had to be put down). Me, not knowing my rights, relcutantly left but felt very uneasy about it -- why couldn't I at leat wait until the Doctor who was on call (which wasn't Mondi). I was then charged an outrageous amount ($400, I believe) for all of a 5 min. ER visit,$300 for the actually euthanasia and disposal and "priceless" for the rude, abrupt and coldness I experienced from the staff on call that night.

Probably, thinking -- why did you spend close to $2,000??? Well, if you were given false hope and promises that this and that treatment would work coupled with a few false prognosis' you probably wouldn't realize how all the "treatments" and visits back and forth to the doctor would add up.

I had talked to Dr. Mondi not too long after this incident, by phone and letter (describing what occured) and he did apologize and said I should have been able to stay with my cat that night (which was more excrutiating to bear with than the actual bill itself). However, since this occured, a few friends of mine also encountered the same experience (inability to stay with their animal)-- so much for Dr. Mondi's "understanding" and stating "it would never happen again."
Keyzer Soze

United States

#19 Jul 22, 2008
Waterville is Excellent!!!
Rin Tin Tin

AOL

#21 Jul 22, 2008
hostage wrote:
Is this at NH Animal Hosp? I will not go there.
Frankie the Star

AOL

#22 Jul 22, 2008
Obviously, he's quite money hungry if he's charging prices like this & having homes in FL. Some of this must be true. I'm sure the tv commercials must cost something. Next thing you know, he'll be on the commercials during the superbowl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glenn Beck Sucks (Aug '10) 16 min Truth Dig 11,004
Can't believe Jason Powells is still on the air 40 min STFU 34
Someone as lousy as Kristin Copeland (May '14) 43 min The Truth 15
AHL Worldwide 46 min The Truth 54
Thanks UPD 53 min STFU 2
What does Cliffy really do? 57 min Dante 1
City officials to review meat processing plant ... 2 hr Thick Thighed Utican 1
tonys audelicious 7 hr Overweight Utican 8
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 8 hr Karen51 504
Utica Dating