Why don't African Americans tip

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Got your back

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 19, 2011
I was a restaurant tonight and a party of 15 AA were there. I had a funny feeling the server wasn't going to be tipped bc it is common knowledge AA don't really tip-at least it was that way when i worked in restaurants back in the early 90s. Apparently, things haven't changed much. The server busted her ass, had to sing the gay ass BDay song and then had to divide the bill in to 15 separate checks. Would it have killed anybody to leave at least a dollar apiece? I bet that bill was in the $200 range and at the very least a $30(15%) tip should have been left. Not only that but she missed out on other tables while they were there. But don't worry about it, I left 10 bucks on a $45 bill to subsidize them.
Some

Lowville, NY

#2 Feb 19, 2011
Many but not all AA are like that. They think people should tip them for being a customer. Its very sad that some of the nasty, rude, disrespectful and lowlife AA have to give other AA a bad name.

If you go to other states, its not like this. For some reason, many of the AA in NY state have chips on their shoulders. They think the world owes them something.

I feel for the AA who struggle in this area, who work and try their best. They have to keep being in the shadows of the other idiotic AA who ruin it for them.

Many of the refugees who came from Africa can not stand some the black Americans. Ask them why.
Clued In

Whitesboro, NY

#3 Feb 19, 2011
Get a clue people. They are only African Americans if they hold duel citizenship here and an African nation. Otherwise, they are just Americans.

Oh, and they're black too.
Buyer Beware

Lowville, NY

#4 Feb 19, 2011
Clued In wrote:
Get a clue people. They are only African Americans if they hold duel citizenship here and an African nation. Otherwise, they are just Americans.
Oh, and they're black too.
Come on now don't be mean. They want to be called African American. You whitey need to stop keeping them down.
youteecanned

Panama City, FL

#5 Feb 19, 2011
Got your back wrote:
I was a restaurant tonight and a party of 15 AA were there. I had a funny feeling the server wasn't going to be tipped bc it is common knowledge AA don't really tip-at least it was that way when i worked in restaurants back in the early 90s. Apparently, things haven't changed much. The server busted her ass, had to sing the gay ass BDay song and then had to divide the bill in to 15 separate checks. Would it have killed anybody to leave at least a dollar apiece? I bet that bill was in the $200 range and at the very least a $30(15%) tip should have been left. Not only that but she missed out on other tables while they were there. But don't worry about it, I left 10 bucks on a $45 bill to subsidize them.
I am an "IA"(italian american) male and i have traveled for many years. Trust me on this one. African americans are the most compassionate people in this country and will help anyone in need regardless of race color or creed. The whites and even the IA's have eyes with something lacking and what they need is a damn good whacking. You are as weak and stupid as they come for even pointing this out this nonsense.
Got your back

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 19, 2011
Some wrote:
Many but not all AA are like that. They think people should tip them for being a customer. Its very sad that some of the nasty, rude, disrespectful and lowlife AA have to give other AA a bad name.
If you go to other states, its not like this. For some reason, many of the AA in NY state have chips on their shoulders. They think the world owes them something.
I feel for the AA who struggle in this area, who work and try their best. They have to keep being in the shadows of the other idiotic AA who ruin it for them.
Many of the refugees who came from Africa can not stand some the black Americans. Ask them why.
Well, they were college students so most were not even from here. The struggling college student thing??? Paleeeaaasseee! all the girls had 100 dollar shoes on

Level 2

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Feb 19, 2011
youteecanned wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an "IA"(italian american) male and i have traveled for many years. Trust me on this one. African americans are the most compassionate people in this country and will help anyone in need regardless of race color or creed. The whites and even the IA's have eyes with something lacking and what they need is a damn good whacking. You are as weak and stupid as they come for even pointing this out this nonsense.
Compassionate people? Am i missing something? The same people always getting arrested for killing one another? The same people always crying racism about every little thing? These are compassionate people, really??
youteecanned

Panama City, FL

#8 Feb 19, 2011
MJS21 wrote:
<quoted text>
Compassionate people? Am i missing something? The same people always getting arrested for killing one another? The same people always crying racism about every little thing? These are compassionate people, really??
You are the one crying now and you probably still live at home with your mother. You have been scared your whole life. Yes you are missing something. Its called your mind. They kill one another because of the lack of education they have received. Thanks to people like you who love to deprive human beings of any kind. If they cry racism its mostly true because utica is the most racist town i have ever seen and you never left it. I was born in east utica long ago. I have seen all your weaknesses. Your education is also very low or you would not be here with your silly non-factual stats. So go back and hang on your mothers coat tails while she fantasizes about how she would love to bed down a black man and how lousy your dad was because i'm sure he never taught you anything and left you long ago. Peace...
to youteecanned

Lowville, NY

#9 Feb 20, 2011
I don't understand why your getting so hostile. Srsly unless the check on everyone's bill had a built in gratuity of 15% then at least this should have been left as a tip on all separate checks. It is only common decency. Those waiters and waitresses are bound by law to make a paupers wage - they rely on tips to make ends meet. For some this is their make source of income. For anyone regarless of race not to leave a tip - that is extrememly wrong and distastful of the patron(s). Even in cases of the built in gratuity (usually larger parties) a tip should be left on top of the gratuity. BTW - I don't work in food service; but I do know what is right. So go ahead "youteecanned" tear me up -however the truth is your an agressive, sad, hostile person who needs to take their aggression out with keyboard courage. I feel sad for you.
Wondering

Middleville, NY

#10 Feb 20, 2011
What restaurant were you at?
Otis

Clark Mills, NY

#11 Feb 20, 2011
to youteecanned wrote:
I don't understand why your getting so hostile. Srsly unless the check on everyone's bill had a built in gratuity of 15% then at least this should have been left as a tip on all separate checks. It is only common decency. Those waiters and waitresses are bound by law to make a paupers wage - they rely on tips to make ends meet. For some this is their make source of income. For anyone regarless of race not to leave a tip - that is extrememly wrong and distastful of the patron(s). Even in cases of the built in gratuity (usually larger parties) a tip should be left on top of the gratuity. BTW - I don't work in food service; but I do know what is right. So go ahead "youteecanned" tear me up -however the truth is your an agressive, sad, hostile person who needs to take their aggression out with keyboard courage. I feel sad for you.
You don't have to tip. Maybe they didn't like the service they got.
Tip this

Herkimer, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2011
Why are you only pointing out African Americans? Oh yeah, we know why .. because you are masking your hate of black people with a minor issue. Funny how you paid so much attention to them and how much money they left, when I'm sure many other people of different races did the same thing. Go to the Herkimer Ponderosa or any other place where there are few blacks, and see how well whites are tipping. It will shock you. I am black and have sat near COUNTLESS caucasians eating, and have noticed the same thing with them. The only difference is I didnt come on Topix spewing about it, while hiding my hate for them. Next time grow a pair and tell the party how you really feel, instead of bitching on here and spreading hate. Good day
tom

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 20, 2011
Pull your zipper down and whip it out and the black girl will surely tip you off.
funny cuz its true

Utica, NY

#15 Feb 20, 2011
I waitressed my way through college in the mid 90's. I worked in a mid level restaurant outside of Buffalo and I can tell you that black Americans are the worst customers ever! We used to fight over which server got stuck with them because it was common knowledge. They were always overdemanding and incomsiderate on top of being crappy tippers. This thread isn't racist it is factual!
bill wilson

Vernon Center, NY

#16 Feb 20, 2011
Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley DON'T TIP. true story
Taxpayer

Camillus, NY

#17 Feb 20, 2011
funny cuz its true wrote:
I waitressed my way through college in the mid 90's. I worked in a mid level restaurant outside of Buffalo and I can tell you that black Americans are the worst customers ever! We used to fight over which server got stuck with them because it was common knowledge. They were always overdemanding and incomsiderate on top of being crappy tippers. This thread isn't racist it is factual!
I watch the Nigerians to see if they tip and none of them do.
Why would they tip?
They are used to whitey giving them everything for free!
cmon man

Little Falls, NY

#18 Feb 20, 2011
Tipping is only a tradition and a stupid one at that. The charge should be the charge. Food establishments that delivery don't ask for a tip they increase the charge for delivery.

A restaurant could increase the charge for dine-in customers if they feelt an additional fee is warranted, but owners shouldn't have employees essentially begging customers for extra money for doing their job.
boredcuteguy

Rome, NY

#19 Feb 20, 2011
I always make sure to tip something even with poor service, with better service I give more. It's how we do it here in America, and as Americans we should follow it. However, I am tired of feeling as though I owe african Americans. I don't see color, I wasn't raised that way, however I do see how AAs walk around with a sense of entitlement.
cmon man

Little Falls, NY

#20 Feb 20, 2011
Entitlement? A tip is a "tip". People shouldn't expect one or feel they deserve one. A person should be able to dine and pay the cost of dining. If a restaurant feels their dining experience is worth more, the charge should reflect it.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to pay above and beyond the written bill. If you have a life dependant on hand outs maybe its time for a career change. Or maybe you should organize and demand better wages, but don't blame the customer for not replacing what your boss shortchanged you.
first thing

Herkimer, NY

#21 Feb 20, 2011
Tip this wrote:
Why are you only pointing out African Americans? Oh yeah, we know why .. because you are masking your hate of black people with a minor issue. Funny how you paid so much attention to them and how much money they left, when I'm sure many other people of different races did the same thing. Go to the Herkimer Ponderosa or any other place where there are few blacks, and see how well whites are tipping. It will shock you. I am black and have sat near COUNTLESS caucasians eating, and have noticed the same thing with them. The only difference is I didnt come on Topix spewing about it, while hiding my hate for them. Next time grow a pair and tell the party how you really feel, instead of bitching on here and spreading hate. Good day
The first thing that comes to your mind is hate?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
did YOU BUY NEW DRYER AND OLD ONE IS OVER 10 2 min SEEMANNJIM 5
USMAIL ELECTRIC BUSTED in STATE AUDIT! AVOID! S... 3 min The City of Riggies 6
best CONTRACTOR FOR ELECTRIC USMAIL 3 min SEEMANNJIM 8
why UNEDUCATED FAILURES LIKE ME NEED APPLE STORE 4 min Thurston Howell III 8
News Thousands Without Power in Utica and New Hartford 6 min Thurston Howell III 5
Usmail Electric BUSTED in State CometsSCAM Audi... 6 min More SCAM ALERTS 80
free ELECTRIC FOR ALL MY SAVAGES THAT ABUSE KIDS 8 min More SCAM ALERTS 6
New Hartford Police-Inserra LAWSUIT & A.G. TIME! 1 hr Upstate Toilet Town 21

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages