A&E Reverses Duck Dynasty Decision

A&E Reverses Duck Dynasty Decision

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Quack Quack

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2013
"Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson will return to work on A&E's reality show despite his comments about gay immorality, the channel said Friday, reversing its decision to suspend him after facing a boycott backlash."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory...
Rick

Holland Patent, NY

#2 Dec 28, 2013
I don't ever remember seeing posters and bumper stickers for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. What does that tell me? There's big money in being a duck hunting redneck... I'm betting that all those guys who got makeovers are looking at themselves now and regretting it, and buying hunting equipment.
Doin It Right

Utica, NY

#3 Dec 28, 2013
Rick wrote:
I don't ever remember seeing posters and bumper stickers for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. What does that tell me? There's big money in being a duck hunting redneck... I'm betting that all those guys who got makeovers are looking at themselves now and regretting it, and buying hunting equipment.
Hell yeah and amen brother!

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 28, 2013
Rick wrote:
I don't ever remember seeing posters and bumper stickers for Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. What does that tell me? There's big money in being a duck hunting redneck... I'm betting that all those guys who got makeovers are looking at themselves now and regretting it, and buying hunting equipment.
It tells me that some men would rather cozy up to big hairy men in duck blinds where even the ducks can't see them. Beats the closet, doesn't it?

Do you have your Queer Eye bumper sticker inside your duck blind?
son of bob

Watertown, NY

#6 Dec 28, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It tells me that some men would rather cozy up to big hairy men in duck blinds where even the ducks can't see them. Beats the closet, doesn't it?
Do you have your Queer Eye bumper sticker inside your duck blind?
LOL ...but homophobe/racist phil is all "reformed"! or is he sucking on his meth pipe between tokes on his brother's peter?
Truth

Herkimer, NY

#7 Dec 28, 2013
son of bob wrote:
<quoted text>LOL ...but homophobe/racist phil is all "reformed"! or is he sucking on his meth pipe between tokes on his brother's peter?
Homophobe denotes a fear of homsexuality. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. He isn't afraid of it and his comments don't reflect fear. He believes homosexual acts and same-sex marriage are sins. He is not a homophobe. Like I have heard many Christians say about this subject, he believes in "love the sinner, hate the sin".

Neither is he racist. If you actually read his comments(and I think Reverend Jackson should too) you'd see that he was recalling what he had personally seen and experienced. Here's the actual quote from the GQ article that started the whole controversy:

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/20...

That was his observation and not a "racist" rant against blacks.

I'm glad that A&E got the message. We are all better off for it.
well

Clinton, NY

#8 Dec 28, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Homophobe denotes a fear of homsexuality. A phobia is an irrational fear of something. He isn't afraid of it and his comments don't reflect fear. He believes homosexual acts and same-sex marriage are sins. He is not a homophobe. Like I have heard many Christians say about this subject, he believes in "love the sinner, hate the sin".
Neither is he racist. If you actually read his comments(and I think Reverend Jackson should too) you'd see that he was recalling what he had personally seen and experienced. Here's the actual quote from the GQ article that started the whole controversy:
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues."
Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/20...
That was his observation and not a "racist" rant against blacks.
I'm glad that A&E got the message. We are all better off for it.
I wouldn't say we are all better off for it, I would say A&E is better off money wise but there will be a backlash for them for all of this nonsense.
American

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 28, 2013
I love it

I love how a slight was perceived and then exposed for fake outrage. I love the fact that A&E network is still kissing the ass of the "lgtbqwhatever community"

I love that biblical views were brought forth.

I love that Phil spoke the truth

I love that we will vote against progressives and liberals this November.

Make sure you do!!!

No democrap should be elected in 2014!!!!!

Vote for freedom......vote conservative.
American

Utica, NY

#10 Dec 28, 2013
No hate towards the gays....love the sinner...hate the SIN!!!

People...we seriously need to repent as a nation.

We need GOD

“LOL Really?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 28, 2013
American wrote:
No hate towards the gays....love the sinner...hate the SIN!!!
People...we seriously need to repent as a nation.
We need GOD
I thought you had Teh GOD.

Did it forsake you?

If you give up Teh PHIL and switch to the History Channel maybe the Swamp People will redeem you.

Hey, it's just a thought.

I think the travesty that was American Chopper is over now.

Here's my Asian indifference face

-_-
TAK

Little Falls, NY

#12 Dec 29, 2013
He didnt talk enough smack about the africoons, wtf?
confederate2

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Dec 29, 2013
Sorry butt stretchers, you lose, move on azz wranglers!
Magdalena

Herkimer, NY

#14 Dec 30, 2013
The biggest issue with this whole "Duck Dynasty" controversy is that people seem to care what an inbred hick from the deep south thinks!
sizz

Little Falls, NY

#15 Dec 30, 2013
yeah its a pretty lame show i wouldnt watch it for money
idiots everywhere

Verona, NY

#16 Dec 30, 2013
sizz wrote:
yeah its a pretty lame show i wouldnt watch it for money
. U wouldn't watch it for money? But ur on here talking about it for free? I have a feeling all of the people against Phil's comments r either gay or still in the closet. Why else so offended? R u secretly scared that he's right?
sizz

Little Falls, NY

#17 Dec 30, 2013
No the show is just lame.
Truth

Utica, NY

#18 Dec 31, 2013
Magdalena wrote:
The biggest issue with this whole "Duck Dynasty" controversy is that people seem to care what an inbred hick from the deep south thinks!
I thought the biggest issue with all of this was that rather than doing a little research and actually reading the interview, a lot of people got their version from what they saw in liberal media.

I just had this discussion over the weekend with someone who started in about Robertson being a homophobe racist. The problem with their opinion was that they had never read the article/interview and had no idea what Robertson actually said and in what context.

For instance, you call him an "inbred hick". He holds a masters degree in education from Louisiana tech. Before inventing his revolutionary duck call that earned he and the family millions, he was teacher. After teaching he had a commercial fishing business. He's been married over 50 years and has raised 4 sons who all have college educations. So much for your "inbred hick" characterization I guess but why let facts get in the way of an uneducated emotional rant though?
Snowflake

Little Falls, NY

#19 Dec 31, 2013
Food network through Paula Deen under the bus in a heartbeat, which I don't think was fair, and this network keeps these clowns on. Does not make sense.
Truth

Utica, NY

#20 Dec 31, 2013
Snowflake wrote:
Food network through Paula Deen under the bus in a heartbeat, which I don't think was fair, and this network keeps these clowns on. Does not make sense.
I think they 'threw' her under the bus and she is now 'through' at Food Network.

In the end it comes down to money. Paula Deen obviously wasn't as valuable to Food Network as Duck Dynasty is to A&E. There wasn't the viewer(consumer)backlash about Paula Deen that there was about Phil Robertson. If there were then Paula Deen would still be on Food Network.

The other thing is that using racial slurs is a far cry from standing up for religious beliefs in the eyes of most people. Paula Deen's contract with Food Network was not renewed because she admitted in a deposition, under oath, that she had in the past used racial slurs.
LiveFromMomsBase ment

Oriskany, NY

#21 Dec 31, 2013
Stir up controversy! Stir up controversy! It's far fetched bread and circuses. They want you so distracted with controversies about everything from Suzanne Summers to Ronald Reagan that you won't see through the smokescreen. Think back to how much time they devoted to Anna Nicole Smith. Then something like a healthcare scam comes along and you're response is "Aw well, gotta pay the man"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donnie Jr calls off the Secret Service 7 min Fabulous 6
Goverment Needs To Realize I am Here 8 min METATRON 1
m e n u d o 21 min HAIL 1
Meanwhile during hurrican Maria 23 min HAIL 1
gary spears 24 min Bob 3
taino's "transform" 26 min LA FLAN 2
Frank Pelli wrong for North Utica again taken d... 39 min Weird 39
Observer dispatch front page gossip 48 min Ivania and Melanka 24
Slocum Urgent Care 2 hr your mother 36
hairy bush or shaved bush? (Feb '17) 5 hr Doctor Richard 45

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages