Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

Hello New Hartford! Your Library Tortoise here with some reflections on last August's rechartering vote.

The people of New Hartford have spoken. The negative Library vote was not about the proposed re-chartering budget which was intended to both make up for lost ground and to provide for the future. Residents simply do not want a library, at least not one they have to pay for. They do not want trash pickup either. If they did, they would have it. They have no interest in paying for the things that make a community clean, vibrant and attractive to home buyers and investors. We are in a downward spiral, using the slow economy for an excuse to put our ostrich heads in the sand when in fact we should be doing just the opposite, investing in added services and local promotion. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

The bulleted items in OD's "Our View" editorial of August 27 are devoid of any concrete suggestions and illustrate a complete lack of understanding of what it takes to run a library.. For example, there are only five full time employees at the library. All other employees found at the library are part time or volunteers. What more strategic use of part timers is the OD talking about? And there is a suggestion for a more realistic budget. A realistic budget is what was presented to the voters with the hope that they would want to maintain a quality library. Does the OD staff really believe that none of these things have been previously pondered by the board members and library employees. And who is going to do the work inherent in the ODs suggestions? Board members and other volunteers are unpaid and have families and careers to attend to.

For those of you who use the library and understand its importance to the community, you need to stand up and be counted. You have to attend the board meetings and voice your opinion. You must write letters to the OD and local politicians. I can tell you that the library is in real danger of vanishing. to nothingness.

Pleas read my blog:
http://newhartfordonline.blogspot.com/
brad barnett

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

So now all of the people who voted against the library recharter are also on the NH library's enemy list. Wow. I've read your blog Mr Library Tortoise and is the most paranoid and pathetic thing I have read from New Hartford in a long time. Please stop. You are embarrassing our town with your over the top rantings
Blah

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

If you want to view over the top rankings go to the concerned citizens page. There's a conspiracy at ever turn. And they are the only view on all subjects n the town of new hartford. They have the corner on how to appear like a dictator to your potential subjects.
Phryg

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2013

Judged:

We want a bloody library not a silly ongoing political debate.
English Language

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2013

Library Tortoise -
The wording in your title should have been "too stupid" not "to stupid". Better get back to your library studies... Have a good day!
One Town Resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Library Tortoise -

There is a very good letter to the Editor in Today's Utica OD that you need to read. I am not sure why you feel the need to write negatively about specific people and now all of the Town of New Hartford residents who voted against the New Hartford Public Library. Everyone has different views and remember this is a PUBLIC Library. This is not your Library and the PUBLIC voted against providing $1M for its operation. This does not make them stupid; this was the PUBLIC desired. If anyone looks stupid it is you with your biased blog and Topix threads.

Also, before picking on people related to the New Hartford PUBLIC Library please at least use proper grammar in your Topix posts. The wording in the title of this post should have been "too stupid" not "to stupid"...

Have a Good Day!

http://www.uticaod.com/opinions/letters/x8536...
One Town Resident

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Correction: Sentence in first paragraph should have read:

This does not make them stupid; this was what the PUBLIC desired. If anyone looks stupid it is you with your biased blog and Topix threads.

Left out the word "what"...

Have a Good Day!
Library Tortoise

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Wiatr states “All I am here to do is my public duty". Apparently, he sees his public duty as eliminating the Library. If you are a regular user of the library and understand its value to the community, Wiatr does not recognize you as the public. Waitr further states “They never wanted me here from Day One” feigning .ignorance of the reasons.
Hello New Hartford! Your Library Tortoise here:

Anyone who reads this has to consider why the other eight, diverse members of the board were unanimously appalled by Wiatr's appointment by Town Supervisor Tyksinski. Past and present board members have contributed both their time and money over 30 years to bring an excellent library to New Hartford. Johnny-come-lately Wiatr, on the other hand, who has no prior association with the Library, magically knows how it can be made into a volunteer library. The Library did start out that way some 30 years ago as closet full of used books manned by volunteers.

Please read my blog: http://newhartfordonline.blogspot.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

187 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
How do you forgive your cheating husband 30 min city 8
Who Is Christian Winthrop 55 min Bobbytheaddict 11
How can Zecca run 1 hr Voter 1
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 1 hr UticaNY 5,590
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 1 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 163
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 1 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 71
Dawn Taylor 1 hr Bobbytheaddict 1
Someone needs to report abuse for "Bobby Lies a... 1 hr cretin riggie 26
riggie hates the life he has been dealt 1 hr cretin riggie 55
Irish Fest 3 hr slapanut 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••