Gun Incident at Donovan Middle School
Parent

United States

#42 Jan 9, 2013
What you are all failing to realize is that whether a BB gun is legal in school or not, we did not know it was a BB gun when it fell on the floor. It was heavy and sounded and looked like a real gun. The kid took a chance pointing a toy at the police. He is lucky. I for one feel they should have wounded him. Give a bit of reality check. He can tell his friends. Getting shot hurts!!!
Letsgetreal

Herkimer, NY

#43 Jan 9, 2013
Leadership wrote:
<quoted text>
No one would bash the district, it is the leadership that is in question.
No. Whenever something like this happens in a Utica school, people from other cities can't wait to start bashing the whole district. The teachers, grades, and especially the students. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
get with the program

Carthage, NY

#44 Jan 9, 2013
utica leaders wrote:
<quoted text>the kid prob stole the drugs from her family and took the drugs when and then in fear told them she was drugged but then told the truth after because she was in fear of being punished your side there side then the truth
DONNA has the RIGHT AND T-R-U-E story..The police were not called. because heaven forbid..it's ND where those things don't happen...GUESS AGAIN, because they do...I know...I worked there for years..everything is swept UNDER the rug..I could make your hair curl.
oh yeah

Carthage, NY

#45 Jan 9, 2013
donna wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way off. The entire incident was reported in the OD just as I stated it. If you search for it online, you'll find it. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate. I'm not catholic.
Donna is ON TARGET!!!!!!!!!!
utica leaders

Carthage, NY

#46 Jan 9, 2013
Parent wrote:
What you are all failing to realize is that whether a BB gun is legal in school or not, we did not know it was a BB gun when it fell on the floor. It was heavy and sounded and looked like a real gun. The kid took a chance pointing a toy at the police. He is lucky. I for one feel they should have wounded him. Give a bit of reality check. He can tell his friends. Getting shot hurts!!!
the police where told he had a BB gun this is why they didn't shoot him also the police like to make up story's that he pointed it at them sounds like a good story bro
well well well

Carthage, NY

#47 Jan 9, 2013
BE HONEST wrote:
I know a lot of teachers and maybe 1 has a child in the district. Do some investigating you will find that Utica teachers DO NOT send their kids to Utica schools.
I have worked at Proctor for 38 years, and Ihave seen many, many students ofProctor teachers graduate from here...apparently. YOU only know one teacher. My 5 children graduated from Proctor. By the way, I live in New Hartford.
please

Ashburn, VA

#48 Jan 9, 2013
how many years ago was that? utica schools were once great...now...not so much unless u enjoy 30 students in one class
no way

Ashburn, VA

#49 Jan 9, 2013
I can think of one teacher who sends her child to utica and that is only for elementary
nd teachers

Carthage, NY

#50 Jan 9, 2013
on the whole are not as qualified as teachers in other districts. ND teachers dont have to and most do not even have masters degrees. ND does not have the technology that most other districts have. Nd has their share of troubled kids just like other districts have. Other districts do not have and hvent really had a pedophilia problem
George Orwell Laughing

Rochester, NY

#51 Jan 9, 2013
Was the boys name TyShuan or L'Andre or Quanzell or Malik?
wow

Cazenovia, NY

#52 Jan 9, 2013
Point is, minors carrying is not exclusive to Utica schools, wake up, it's reality.
Letsgetreal

Herkimer, NY

#53 Jan 9, 2013
please wrote:
how many years ago was that? utica schools were once great...now...not so much unless u enjoy 30 students in one class
Actually, my class sizes average around 24. That's not a very large class and for the most part, we get a lot more work done than most would think. I love my classes and teachers. I learn a lot and I know I am going to do well in the future because of my Proctor experience.

KY WELLER
Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#54 Jan 9, 2013
Mike wrote:
You cannot blame the school in itself. I am a ND parent & I do not blame the school per say. I blame the parenting. It is a very sad state of affairs that we have to worry everyday about our children, let alone at school. Now that being said, under these circumstances, I would never ever send my child to a Utica Public school. Unfortunately, you mix horrible parenting, with bad supervision & that is what you get. I also blame the fact on our school board. You need more then ONE high school!!!! It's totally out of control over there. Wake up Utica!!!
Blame the laws that allow the kids to run the households. Parents need the ability to beat kids asses when needed!
Parent

Herkimer, NY

#55 Jan 10, 2013
utica leaders wrote:
<quoted text>the police where told he had a BB gun this is why they didn't shoot him also the police like to make up story's that he pointed it at them sounds like a good story bro
Both the off-duty officer and an on-duty, uniformed officer then ran after the boy. Police say, once outside, the boy pointed the gun at one of the officers. Officials say the officer was able to convinced the boy to drop the gun. It was then learned the gun was a BB gun.

Nice try tho. Saw this with my own eyes bro.
CRETIN AGAIN

Fayetteville, NY

#56 Jan 10, 2013
Join in on the CRETIN song.

what can't walk down stairs
loves pulling daddies hair
and make a slurping sound
a thing a thing a nasty thing
everyone knows its CRETIN
everyone knows its CRETIN
Parkway Drugs Molest Boys

United States

#57 Jan 10, 2013
SO did you hear about the GJ scheduled to hear about Tony Chiffy?
Heres the difference

Herkimer, NY

#58 Jan 10, 2013
nd teachers wrote:
on the whole are not as qualified as teachers in other districts. ND teachers dont have to and most do not even have masters degrees. ND does not have the technology that most other districts have. Nd has their share of troubled kids just like other districts have. Other districts do not have and hvent really had a pedophilia problem
ND provides a culture of learning (100% of grads on to college) while respecting teachers and each other. Plain and simple it is very different than the UCSD. Pay Attention!
haha

Utica, NY

#59 Jan 10, 2013
Heres the difference wrote:
<quoted text>
ND provides a culture of learning (100% of grads on to college) while respecting teachers and each other. Plain and simple it is very different than the UCSD. Pay Attention!
When students poison each other with stolen drugs and no one does anything about it I'd say that does not qualify for respecting each other. When a priest molests young boys on school property and in the chapel, that does not qualify as respect either. I'd say you are the one who needs to pay attention.
wow

United States

#60 Jan 10, 2013
Of course they all go to college. How many kids graduate from ND...... 50??
We have many more kids go to college every year from Proctor. What is the point there???
thought about it

Minoa, NY

#61 Jan 10, 2013
love these stupid posts. Donna is one ignorant piece of trash. Even my 11 y/o knows that a bb gun is STILL A GUN. Can't blame the kid in this situation as I'm sure he comes from a broken home with no common sense parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lowlife (Nov '15) 5 min No name 4
Uticas Crazy Beeotch 3 hr always hide fem 6
bipolar never fall in love with a bpolar woman (Dec '12) 4 hr fun chics 257
What happened to Griffs on Columbia (Mar '16) 4 hr A little extra info 12
Utica Trailer Parks 4 hr Bubba 1
White people are the DEVIL 4 hr Black culture 1
Comets Leaving.... 4 hr Black culture 19
He's all yours nasty btch 4 hr Nikki6 43
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 5 hr Wurtland girl always 773
Poll Kim Simon Murder (Feb '10) 7 hr yello 4,904
Boycott RedBox 8 hr TABER COWARD 48

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages