PTA

Syracuse, NY

#22 Jan 9, 2013
Another wake up call for parents and school districts, it can happen anywhere. What will be done and what measures should be taken, to ensure safety?
Mike

Hudson, NY

#23 Jan 9, 2013
You cannot blame the school in itself. I am a ND parent & I do not blame the school per say. I blame the parenting. It is a very sad state of affairs that we have to worry everyday about our children, let alone at school. Now that being said, under these circumstances, I would never ever send my child to a Utica Public school. Unfortunately, you mix horrible parenting, with bad supervision & that is what you get. I also blame the fact on our school board. You need more then ONE high school!!!! It's totally out of control over there. Wake up Utica!!!
wow

United States

#24 Jan 9, 2013
Mike I am sorry, but how would you know our schools are out of control if your kids go to ND? Is it from the he says, she says?
Proctor is big, but is in control.
I know few kids who go to ND and to tell you the truth, would not want them anywhere near my kids.
run for your lives

Utica, NY

#25 Jan 9, 2013
PTA wrote:
Another wake up call for parents and school districts, it can happen anywhere. What will be done and what measures should be taken, to ensure safety?
Protective glasses to all schools, you know somebody could get their eye put out.
Kamakookoo

Utica, NY

#26 Jan 9, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with UCSD. Most of the tragic gun incidents happened in very good all withe rich kids schools. Utica schools are much safer than ND.
Yes- Utica Schools are soooo good all the Utica teachers send their little ones there for the great education and racial balance! Oh wait, hardly any UCSD teachers actually send their children to Utica Schools... Silly me. Ill believe Utica Schools are great when all the teachers send their kids there.. But I wont hold my breath.
Mike

Hudson, NY

#27 Jan 9, 2013
wow wrote:
Mike I am sorry, but how would you know our schools are out of control if your kids go to ND? Is it from the he says, she says?
Proctor is big, but is in control.
I know few kids who go to ND and to tell you the truth, would not want them anywhere near my kids.
I have been to Proctor recently. I have seen the kids in the halls. I have come to my own conclusion about Utica schools. You have to admit when a kid brings a gun to school, there is no control, no supervision. And how would you know about ND? There are bad apples in every school, but on the whole, ND is a nurturing environment, with well educated teachers, who truly care about their students. Again that is not to say that there aren't good teachers at Utica public schools. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you feel safe, secure, and content with your children going there, or if you are a student, going there, then that is your prerogative. I choose ND, again, my prerogative.
holy cow

Utica, NY

#28 Jan 9, 2013
notre dame wrote:
Let's see if this makes the papers or the news....during a girls basketball game at Donovan middle school vs Notre Dame a fine outstanding citizen had his gun drop out of his pants as he walked past the Notre Dame bench....and people debate where to send your kids....nice school you got there Utica
Do you have s#%t for brains? It CAN happen anywhere, but when it happens in Utica, it manages to make the news...Whitesboro had an incident a few weeks back...cop cars sprawling all over around the school...hmmmmmm
teachers

Utica, NY

#29 Jan 9, 2013
Kamakookoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes- Utica Schools are soooo good all the Utica teachers send their little ones there for the great education and racial balance! Oh wait, hardly any UCSD teachers actually send their children to Utica Schools... Silly me. Ill believe Utica Schools are great when all the teachers send their kids there.. But I wont hold my breath.
there are MORE kids that come to Proctor with parents teaching her than YOU know.. It is a great school...but of course, when one has a ONE-TRACK Mind, it is like talking to a brick wall..HELLO! These incidents happen ALL OVER...Get a grip, you moron
were have you been

Utica, NY

#30 Jan 9, 2013
Kamakookoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Many, Many teachers children have GRADUATED from Proctor..YOU, lady/ man are living in a BUBBLE, or YOU are one...whatever!
BE HONEST

Utica, NY

#31 Jan 9, 2013
I know a lot of teachers and maybe 1 has a child in the district. Do some investigating you will find that Utica teachers DO NOT send their kids to Utica schools.
where have you been

Utica, NY

#32 Jan 9, 2013
*where.....correction
hello

United States

#33 Jan 9, 2013
Did some1 say Utica schools are safer than ND .... Now that's funny
utica leaders

Utica, NY

#34 Jan 9, 2013
f en crazy a kid brings a BBgun to a B ball game and the upd post it to inform the public on the facebook page,,,, a woman is robbed and kidnapped at knife point and the police do nothing to inform the public.. only until a second person is hurt they start posting and notify the news weeks latter
wow

United States

#35 Jan 9, 2013
hello wrote:
Did some1 say Utica schools are safer than ND .... Now that's funny
of course UCSD is safer, in many ways. Sandy Hook Elementary was nice little school and look what happened. Something like that could never happen in UCSD.
donna

New Hartford, NY

#36 Jan 9, 2013
notre dame wrote:
Let's see if this makes the papers or the news....during a girls basketball game at Donovan middle school vs Notre Dame a fine outstanding citizen had his gun drop out of his pants as he walked past the Notre Dame bench....and people debate where to send your kids....nice school you got there Utica
Let's see, Notre "Holier than Thou" Dame. A couple of years ago, right in the cafeteria at Notre Dame, a student who had stolen his parents prescription narcotics, put them in the drink of an unsuspecting student. There were dozens of kids who watched this and said nothing. The victim became extremely ill. Sister Anna Mae never called the police. She failed to report felonious assault which would be the charge for drugging someone. So at Notre Dame you not only have kids who steal from their parents, but also kids who watch a crime being committed against a classmate and say nothing. And then there is the principal who was too scared to call the cops. The child could have died from the drugs. You have the gall to point a finger at a kid carrying a BB gun? They are legal to have and carry and you do not need a license. You can buy them online and there is no age restriction. He broke no law carrying it. He should not have pointed it at the cop. So between the two incidents, The vicious kids at Notre Dame win the prize for which crime was the worst. Rome Catholic is closing at the end of this school year. Notre Dame will follow suit--it's only a matter of time. Get off your sanctimonious horse, you arse. Oh yeah, Fr. Pedophile Sewall was also a piece of work up at ND. Pedophilia is also a crime.
hank

New Hartford, NY

#37 Jan 9, 2013
Yes, I heard about Rome Catholic. They should announce it publicly very soon. I have no doubt that the new charter schools in Utica will finish off Notre Dame once and for all. It's long past due to close and is nothing more than an insult to what catholic education used to be. Less than 40 kids per class says it all.
just sayin

Dexter, NY

#38 Jan 9, 2013
something hints that the 14 year old is black?
wow

Syracuse, NY

#39 Jan 9, 2013
donna wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see, Notre "Holier than Thou" Dame. A couple of years ago, right in the cafeteria at Notre Dame, a student who had stolen his parents prescription narcotics, put them in the drink of an unsuspecting student. There were dozens of kids who watched this and said nothing. The victim became extremely ill. Sister Anna Mae never called the police. She failed to report felonious assault which would be the charge for drugging someone. So at Notre Dame you not only have kids who steal from their parents, but also kids who watch a crime being committed against a classmate and say nothing. And then there is the principal who was too scared to call the cops. The child could have died from the drugs. You have the gall to point a finger at a kid carrying a BB gun? They are legal to have and carry and you do not need a license. You can buy them online and there is no age restriction. He broke no law carrying it. He should not have pointed it at the cop. So between the two incidents, The vicious kids at Notre Dame win the prize for which crime was the worst. Rome Catholic is closing at the end of this school year. Notre Dame will follow suit--it's only a matter of time. Get off your sanctimonious horse, you arse. Oh yeah, Fr. Pedophile Sewall was also a piece of work up at ND. Pedophilia is also a crime.
Really? BB guns are allowed to be carried in schools and to school functions?
utica leaders

Utica, NY

#40 Jan 9, 2013
donna wrote:
<quoted text>
the kid prob stole the drugs from her family and took the drugs when and then in fear told them she was drugged but then told the truth after because she was in fear of being punished your side there side then the truth
donna

New Hartford, NY

#41 Jan 9, 2013
utica leaders wrote:
<quoted text>the kid prob stole the drugs from her family and took the drugs when and then in fear told them she was drugged but then told the truth after because she was in fear of being punished your side there side then the truth
You are way off. The entire incident was reported in the OD just as I stated it. If you search for it online, you'll find it. I have no reason to lie or exaggerate. I'm not catholic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Notre Dame Warmack 9 min Just Wondering 1
Holland Patent Question 11 min Question 1
Bagel Grove 42 min Johnny 7
north utica dunkin 1 hr oh no 2
meth lab 1 hr sad 1
Dream City Mattress (Aug '10) 1 hr What a NO NO 10
LIPUS tooth regrowth (Nov '09) 1 hr Deepti 60
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 3 hr I stand corrected 299
THANKS everyoneWE DID IT Riggies BURNT OUT Lol!! 6 hr rich new tech LOL 30
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 7 hr Sad 67