Decrease in test scores lead to chang...

Decrease in test scores lead to changes for MVCC nursing program

There are 7 comments on the WKTV story from May 10, 2013, titled Decrease in test scores lead to changes for MVCC nursing program. In it, WKTV reports that:

Associate Dean for Nursing Pamela Fess at MVCC in Utica felt that the 2012 first-time passage rate for the national licensing exam to become an RN could be higher, that they needed to be higher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

Swag

Utica, NY

#1 May 10, 2013
Ouch.
one who knows

Utica, NY

#2 May 11, 2013
Swag wrote:
Ouch.
They need to revamp their entire Nursing Program.

There is much more important things to learn by having the students actually WORK in a hospital with other nurses to learn all about Nursing.

Not everything in life can be learned out of a book!
well

Camillus, NY

#3 May 11, 2013
one who knows wrote:
<quoted text>They need to revamp their entire Nursing Program.
There is much more important things to learn by having the students actually WORK in a hospital with other nurses to learn all about Nursing.
Not everything in life can be learned out of a book!
Did you know that the nursing students DO clinical rotations at the area hospitals. What is it exactly that you think YOU know?
Swag

Utica, NY

#4 May 11, 2013
They do work in a clinical setting. Unfortunately many do not possess the preparation and skills to do well when they get there. That is the problem. Whose fault is another matter.
CHM

Medford, MA

#5 May 11, 2013
I left after one semester. Half of the people in the program could barely speak English. How can you expect them to do well if they have a hard time understanding English. There were good students in the program, but it was too disorganized for me.
curious

Kirkville, NY

#6 May 11, 2013
What will happen to he 30% of new nursing students who thought they will be starting the program in the fall, and now wont be?
Swag

Utica, NY

#7 May 11, 2013
The article didn't say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A third term for Obama 41 min get real 34
New Pizza Place fromally Masters Pizza 2 hr Kora 7
free bookbags and school supplies...again (Jul '13) 4 hr fedup 37
News Local radio personality leaves K-Rock 8 hr 1984 13
Don Trump is another Ed Hanna 8 hr Taking Account 31
why are police shooting people Fri chips2 2
Instead of Lions Fri Unticannoli 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages