post office 5 billion loss

Posted in the Utica Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
peace

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

go figure how they are in a loss and UPS and FED ex are not. They all pay their people the same and benefits are good for all. Who is stealing the profits at the post office. At almost 50 cents for a little piece of paper to be mailed and it roars through the machines at little effort ,where the hell is the money going.There should be a big investigation.And don't blame benefits and unions , three ALL get paid good
Can u spell Obamacare

Penn Yan, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 15, 2013
 
Just think we will be reading similar headlines about the 'Affordable Healthcare' very very soon.

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The answer is easy. The post office was forced to put money in a retirement fund at a rate that is unachievable.

The reason for this is to generate bad publicity for unions.

Level 1

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 15, 2013
 
I think they should fund the Rochester post office too!
tea bag

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 16, 2013
 
Can u spell Obamacare wrote:
Just think we will be reading similar headlines about the 'Affordable Healthcare' very very soon.
Yes I am a tea party republican and I like my democratic Social security Check, And since I don't need any healthcare because I am on social security I hope everyone goes back to the old way where the kids are kicked off parents health insurance , and if you have a pre existing health condition the insurance companies can kick you out and you must die , I like that way better when all the tough kids wing it out until they break a leg and go to the emergency room for treatment and have no insurance and their saddled with a bill for ever to pay back or they just don't pay it. Boy I miss those good old days when they suffered . Why should my tea party ass care about anyone, you really think I want that black ass in the white house doing good for the country . I would rather see suffering than have America do good and black ass look good too.I can still draw my good old social security check the stupid democrats did for my republican tea party ass. I am nothing but a dumb red neck republican and love bush and chaney .
tea bag

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 16, 2013
 
Oh and I must say I am bald fat and wear glasses
Rick

Holland Patent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 16, 2013
 
Astounding! They advertise "if it fits it ships" on 6 o'clock news & prime time but somehow they just can't see where to make the cuts.
Been There

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 16, 2013
 
...then, u gotta hope they deliver it to the RIGHT house!
No Brainer

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 17, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I bet UPS and Fed Ex don't let their carriers talk on cell phones while trying to deliver stuff. My carrier couldn't even get the mail in the right mailbox in the daylight and now she comes so late, she's making her rounds in the dark.
Steve Zodiac

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 17, 2013
 
Who the hell cares about the P.O.? Don't mail anything, tard!!! Use Fedex or UPS,hairball!!
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 17, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

NYGunman wrote:
The answer is easy. The post office was forced to put money in a retirement fund at a rate that is unachievable.
The reason for this is to generate bad publicity for unions.
The numbers don't add up to support that. The USP lost $16 billion last year. Their mandated contribution to the retirement was just over $5 billion. That means they still lost about $11 billion. The USPS has been living off a line of credit provided by taxpayers for years now so to say that tax dollars don't support the USPS is nonsense too.

Public sector unions do enough damage to their image on their own. No one has to make up anything.
GONADS

Aurora, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Nov 17, 2013
 
tea bag wrote:
Oh and I must say I am bald fat and wear glasses
AND YOU NEED TO BE "TEA BAGGED" !

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Nov 17, 2013
 
aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers don't add up to support that. The USP lost $16 billion last year. Their mandated contribution to the retirement was just over $5 billion. That means they still lost about $11 billion. The USPS has been living off a line of credit provided by taxpayers for years now so to say that tax dollars don't support the USPS is nonsense too.
Public sector unions do enough damage to their image on their own. No one has to make up anything.
Don't know where you get your info from Spanky but here is an interesting quote from the article in the attached link.

"“The Postal Service’s latest quarterly report makes clear that Postal Service finances are rebounding strongly as the U.S. economy improves,” said Fredric V. Rolando, president of the National Association of Letter Carriers. He said that the post office would have made a profit of $660 million without the health fund payments required by Congress. "

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/us/post-off...

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Nov 17, 2013
 
aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
The numbers don't add up to support that. The USP lost $16 billion last year. Their mandated contribution to the retirement was just over $5 billion. That means they still lost about $11 billion. The USPS has been living off a line of credit provided by taxpayers for years now so to say that tax dollars don't support the USPS is nonsense too.
Public sector unions do enough damage to their image on their own. No one has to make up anything.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ blogs/federal-eye/wp/2013/11/1 5/postal-service-still-losing- money-but-no-movement-on-legis lation/

"The U.S. Postal Service announced Friday that it ended the last fiscal year $5 billion in the red..."

Wait, what?
bye bye

New Hartford, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 17, 2013
 
No Brainer wrote:
I bet UPS and Fed Ex don't let their carriers talk on cell phones while trying to deliver stuff. My carrier couldn't even get the mail in the right mailbox in the daylight and now she comes so late, she's making her rounds in the dark.
we had a fat guy that screwed the mail up all the time & even DROPPED it. Some of us found our mail in the ditch!glad he's gone but we figure he's screwing up mail on his new route.but better them than us!
Return to Sender

Whitesboro, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Nov 18, 2013
 
bye bye wrote:
<quoted text>we had a fat guy that screwed the mail up all the time & even DROPPED it. Some of us found our mail in the ditch!glad he's gone but we figure he's screwing up mail on his new route.but better them than us!
Just last week I found someone's cable bill on the ground 3 houses away from the correct address. This is on a Utica route where the carrier is talking on the phone about 4 days out of 6 when she's delivering the mail.
Pony Express

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 18, 2013
 
Just incredible how many "informed" citizens get their half-assed info via FOX or wherever and believe it. FACT: Your Republican boy, GWB, put the USPS in this situation. Surprise! It was political, FOXies. Do a Google and you'll find GWB made the USPS guarantee benefits (w/ prepaid dollars) for decades That one move doomed the USPS.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 18, 2013
 
NYGunman wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know where you get your info from Spanky but here is an interesting quote from the article in the attached link.
"“The Postal Service’s latest quarterly report makes clear that Postal Service finances are rebounding strongly as the U.S. economy improves,” said Fredric V. Rolando, president of the National Association of Letter Carriers. He said that the post office would have made a profit of $660 million without the health fund payments required by Congress. "
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/10/us/post-off...
That's okay Slappy. 2013 isn't over yet. The USPS lost $16 billion in the budget year for 2012. The short term trend shows they cut the year over year operating loss to $5.6 billion for 2013 but the year isn't over yet. The total loss since 2011 is $26 billion. They owe $15 billion to the taxpayers for the line of credit they've been surviving on until it ran out this year. As of June 30, 2013 they had tapped out the line of credit they were getting from the Treasury Department.
Here's the quarterly report-
http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/financials/f...

go to page 8 and look at the comments about liquidity.
aSKing

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 18, 2013
 
NYGunman wrote:
The answer is easy. The post office was forced to put money in a retirement fund at a rate that is unachievable.
The reason for this is to generate bad publicity for unions.
oops. My mistake. Their fiscal year had ended when they announced that they had only lost 5 billion. You are wrong about the retirement contribution though. They missed the last three installments. If they didn't pay it then it didn't contribute to the losses.

The U.S. Postal Service announced Friday that it ended the last fiscal year $5 billion in the red, bringing its net losses since 2011 to $27 billion.

"Revenue from first-class mail continues to decline, and the agency has defaulted on three $5.5 billion payments into a health-care fund for future retirees. Yet Congress is unlikely to pass legislation this year to help stanch the bleeding, marking the third straight year lawmakers have failed to agree on a way forward for the struggling mail service."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-e...
bob

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Nov 18, 2013
 
aSKing wrote:
<quoted text>
oops. My mistake. Their fiscal year had ended when they announced that they had only lost 5 billion. You are wrong about the retirement contribution though. They missed the last three installments. If they didn't pay it then it didn't contribute to the losses.
The U.S. Postal Service announced Friday that it ended the last fiscal year $5 billion in the red, bringing its net losses since 2011 to $27 billion.
"Revenue from first-class mail continues to decline, and the agency has defaulted on three $5.5 billion payments into a health-care fund for future retirees. Yet Congress is unlikely to pass legislation this year to help stanch the bleeding, marking the third straight year lawmakers have failed to agree on a way forward for the struggling mail service."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-e...
no matter what anyone says it HEALTH CARE STUPID.health care including doctor and hospital and drug companies are going to destroy the American empire. Watch unless their greed does not slow down and they can do without a yatch or million dollar car or two watch the country crumble. He is why ,,there is just so much you can scratch away from the backbone of this country THE MIDDLE CLASS.THEY are backed up with credit bills and loans. NOTHING LEFT IN THEIR KITTY. NOW we have a problem . BIG PROBLEM.NO more money and there will be no money out.This was bound to happen ITS GREED of the medical field ,and there answer was that they were untouchable due to a growing older population that needs them to survive.Prices will keep rising and even the feeble try of Obama who actually forsee a problem ,,wont work.The big corporations will always look for greater profits.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Utica Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••