Dr. Rudolph Buckley

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Rouses Point, NY

#1 Jun 19, 2009
Just wondering how peoples experience with him has been? I heard he's been chased out of working in the areas hospitals? And very soon will no longer be around here, only in Hamilton

Since: Jun 09

Sunnyside, NY

#2 Jun 19, 2009
what kind of medicine does he practice? I know a bunch of people in the nursing field and could find out for you.
GHR

Ossining, NY

#3 Jun 19, 2009
Most seem to like him. I don't. I had a problem a few years ago. His office lost my MRI. Twice. He then wanted to do surgery without having read any MRI or reports! Obviously, I went elsewhere.
wondering

Rouses Point, NY

#4 Jun 19, 2009
orthopedic surgeon

Since: Jun 09

Sunnyside, NY

#5 Jun 19, 2009
surgery without an MRI would be exploratory, arthroscopic. Not everybody can get MRI's done, I can't. In your case, them losing the MRI's like that, your insurance paid for the additional ones after they kept losing them? That's just crazy for them to lose people's medical records like that.

I'l ask around and see what I can find out. Is your issue strickly with how his office handled you or is it also based on your experiences with him as a patient?
wondering

Rouses Point, NY

#6 Jun 19, 2009
with me, its him as a surgeon...im hearing some horror stories
GHR

Syracuse, NY

#7 Jun 19, 2009
jerkimer wrote:
surgery without an MRI would be exploratory, arthroscopic. Not everybody can get MRI's done, I can't. In your case, them losing the MRI's like that, your insurance paid for the additional ones after they kept losing them? That's just crazy for them to lose people's medical records like that.
I'l ask around and see what I can find out. Is your issue strickly with how his office handled you or is it also based on your experiences with him as a patient?
I never became a patient. As far as the MRI's, all I know is I didn't have to pay for them. I had a very specific condition that exploratory surgery was wrong for. He didn't seem to care.
exactly

Rouses Point, NY

#8 Jun 22, 2009
I hear the same thing
Batt Recon

Syracuse, NY

#9 Jun 22, 2009
He's a very good surgeon. Although he just specializes in he cervical spine. Actually he is one of the few doctors that particiapte in research within his field. I've never had a surgery by him, but Ive seen him operate. Very professional.

The problem with patients in this area is that most are not "healthy" patients. By that I mean most are overweight, they smoke, high blood pressure, diabetic. It's very difficult to get positive outcomes, because after the surgery, most patients don't dedicate themselves to the rehab. One has to understand, that orthopedic surgery, particularly in the spine, the surgery is to stablize that structure from getting worse, and often, pain still persists.

As far as operating without an image, no way. There isn't a doctor in the world that would do that, even in a combat environment. Imaging is always done.

Im not a doctor or a nurse, but a regional manager for an orthro implant company. I've seen all kinds of doctors and cases, and have yet to see a doctor perform a surgery without having a pretty good idea of what to expect.

I think the reason that he goes to Hamilton is because of the quality of patients. By that I mean a more active patient that is dedicated to getting better.

As far as his personality, yes he is a bit of an egotist, but what successful person isnt at times.
Ortho

New York, NY

#10 Jun 22, 2009
He's was one of the friendliest guys I've ever met. Being a doctor, that is hard to find. His bedside mannor was also awesome. Now here come the but.
BUT, he operated on my wife's c-spine about 5 years ago and it wasn't pretty. She was in her early 40's and was/is not over weight. But, she was/is a smoker. To make a long story short, he did 1 level and after the surgery was over, he said two were needed to be done but he couldn't do two. He also admitted to knowing this prior to the surgery. Now my wife is 100% worse, and there isn't any options for her. Dr. Buckley just quit seeing her because he couldn't do anymore for her and acted bothered when we came in.
He did a rotten job on my wife, and I will never forgive him for what he did to her. He never should have done the surgery knowing he couldn't do what was needed. In my opinion he is a hack and I have zero respect for him. I wouldn't let him operate on a friggin' teddy bear. I know others have had success with him, but I don't care, I didn't, and now my wife has to live with his mistakes for the rest of her life.
Was a patient of him

Auburn, NY

#11 Jun 27, 2009
Surgery, That's just what he does.If he can"t do surgery then he will not see you. That's why I went to another Doctor, Theirs a 50/50 shot that surgery might work for you. I would look for another Doctor,outside the Utica and Hamiton area.AS for Batt Recon Reply, you are full of BS.
badd

Ilion, NY

#12 Jul 6, 2011
he did surgery on my mom and when she went for a follow up a week later he slipped out that he wasnt the one that did it.... oopss. MORON!
OOooOOoo

Dracut, MA

#13 Jul 8, 2011
High infection rate that's one of the reasons he's not in area hospitals.....
enes

New Hartford, NY

#14 Oct 12, 2011
He did neck surgery for me and I feel much better than how I felt before the surgery. What he tells you to do after the surgery you should listen because it helps a lot.
new hartford

Rome, NY

#15 Oct 13, 2011
I hear they bounced him OUT of Hamilton. I heard very high infe ction rate too.........Stay Away!!!
annabelle

Rome, NY

#16 Oct 15, 2011
ORTHO: Get Bob Julian and SUE him.
Ann

Rome, NY

#17 Feb 1, 2012
He is still in Hamilton. Just saw him. Like him.
harry brown

Utica, NY

#18 Feb 1, 2012
He did surgery on my elderly mother a few years ago and she has had no pain ever since.
sheeese

Newark, NJ

#19 Feb 1, 2012
He's a coke head!!!! This is true been in rehab
Utica Man

Utica, NY

#20 Feb 1, 2012
He's terrible. All he wants to do is surgery so he can make a quick buck. He wanted to do surgery on me for a couple years, yet he couldn't even remember my name when I visited him. I recently went to Basset in Cooperstown and my new orthopedic called him an "idiot". He said I didn't need the surgery and there's no way he should have ever recommended it. He said the surgery could have caused many complications and was unnecessary. Again, he called him a small town doctor just trying to make money. And he also gave me a source website to view some of his lawsuits and disaster surgeries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A XMAS Marathon of Fail 3 min Kok Pumper Is In 5
What Happened to Hippos Pool Room? 8 min Kok Pumper Is In 6
salatino got rid of Italian now let get rid of him 20 min Large Legged Utican 6
How Small Is Utica 21 min Large Legged Utican 10
Prisons In Whitesboro 1 hr Large Legged Utican 18
peter servello cokehead 1 hr truestory 3
vote for LATINOS for the Utica school board. 1 hr Vote 4 Latinos 2
Jill WKTV 2 hr Buckley pool 46
Serious car accident in Utica 8 hr Big Hipped Utican 40
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:00PM
Beckham Definition of Special Talent
Bleacher Report 5:30 PM
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New York Giants: Complete Week 17 Preview for New York
Bleacher Report 7:03 PM
2014 NFL Draft Picks Who Already Look Like Home Runs
Bleacher Report 9:41 PM
Breaking Down Eagles' Game Plan vs. Giants
Bleacher Report10:49 PM
Jets vs. Dolphins: What Are Experts Saying About New York?
Bleacher Report12:04 AM
Jets' Week 17 Preview vs. Dolphins
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots: Complete Week 17 Preview for New England
Bleacher Report 5:04 AM
New York Jets vs. Miami Dolphins: Complete Week 17 Preview for Miami
NBC Sports 5:09 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NBC Sports 7:52 AM
Antrel Rolle knows finishing well no guarantee 2015 will be any better for Giants