#1 Jan 11, 2013
Apparently this is what has become of today's youth. It
doesn't say much for the future

Utica34
Level 4

Since: Feb 13

Albany, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2013
I did see this episode. What a bunch of punk kids. I wonder of the 4 or 5 they featured on the show have been able to keep out if trouble?

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#3 Feb 28, 2013
I too saw the episode. Judging from past records, it's unlikely the jail visit had any impact on keeping those kids out of trouble. I would like to know if anyone is keeping track of them.
completely faked

New York, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2013
They were told to act that way for the cameras. Its all a ploy to show how "difficult" it must be to work as a corrections babysitter in OCJ. Laughable.

Its part of reality TV and its all scripted. They edit out what they don't think will get ratings. You see only what they think viewers want to see and nothing more.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#5 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
They were told to act that way for the cameras. Its all a ploy to show how "difficult" it must be to work as a corrections babysitter in OCJ. Laughable.
Its part of reality TV and its all scripted. They edit out what they don't think will get ratings. You see only what they think viewers want to see and nothing more.
Of course there's editing but I for not one second believe the children were told to act the way that they did.
completely faked

New York, NY

#6 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there's editing but I for not one second believe the children were told to act the way that they did.
then you've been seriously duped my friend. They were coached for the cameras. Do you think if they all behaved the show would have aired? Think about it.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
<quoted text>
then you've been seriously duped my friend. They were coached for the cameras. Do you think if they all behaved the show would have aired? Think about it.
Considering the scared straight program has been around for years, I have seen other episodes of the show where kids acted much worse and other episodes where the kids acted better, I would say yes it would have still aired.
completely faked

New York, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering the scared straight program has been around for years, I have seen other episodes of the show where kids acted much worse and other episodes where the kids acted better, I would say yes it would have still aired.
Looks like reality TV hooked themselves another sucker.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like reality TV hooked themselves another sucker.
Keep believing what you want.
completely faked

New York, NY

#10 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep believing what you want.
Really? Those shows don't air unless there is some action to hook the audience. And they got their hooks in you for sure.

100% Fake TV. The fact that you actually watch that garbage speaks volumes to the lack of intelligence you have.

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#11 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Those shows don't air unless there is some action to hook the audience. And they got their hooks in you for sure.
100% Fake TV. The fact that you actually watch that garbage speaks volumes to the lack of intelligence you have.
Lack of intelligence. Ok. I like it and this particular show is not faked. I think your lack of intelligence shows from you trying to convince me otherwise.
Yea right

Ithaca, NY

#13 Feb 28, 2013
I have been to OCJ and there is NOTHING to be scared of!! Such a bunch of crap!!! There is NOTHING scary about OCJ, if they said bored straight I would believe it better!! Sure there are fights but it isn't anything to fear, just BORING!!
completely faked

New York, NY

#14 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of intelligence. Ok. I like it and this particular show is not faked. I think your lack of intelligence shows from you trying to convince me otherwise.
And you are exactly the demographic of suckers Reality TV shows make their bones from. Without suckers like you that think its real, there wouldn't be these fake garbage shows on at all.

There is no convincing brain dead soulless clowns like you. As long as the guy on the TV says its real, you believe it. I think they call people like you lemmings!

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#16 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are exactly the demographic of suckers Reality TV shows make their bones from. Without suckers like you that think its real, there wouldn't be these fake garbage shows on at all.
There is no convincing brain dead soulless clowns like you. As long as the guy on the TV says its real, you believe it. I think they call people like you lemmings!
The minute you questioned my intelligence is the exact moment I questioned yours. The second people switch to insults is the exact place where their intelligence stops.
completely faked

New York, NY

#17 Feb 28, 2013
Utica34 wrote:
<quoted text>
The minute you questioned my intelligence is the exact moment I questioned yours. The second people switch to insults is the exact place where their intelligence stops.
Haha, you subscribe to Reality "Shock" TV and you question my intelligence? That's a hoot!

I didn't level insults. That is an accurate depiction of the type of person who actually watches that crap TV. If you are ashamed of what you are, it is up to you to turn off the boob tube and change your life. Otherwise, you are what you are, believing in the TV Fairy!

Utica34
Level 4

Albany, NY

#18 Feb 28, 2013
completely faked wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha, you subscribe to Reality "Shock" TV and you question my intelligence? That's a hoot!
I didn't level insults. That is an accurate depiction of the type of person who actually watches that crap TV. If you are ashamed of what you are, it is up to you to turn off the boob tube and change your life. Otherwise, you are what you are, believing in the TV Fairy!
Still coming with the insults. Good for you! Persistence.
stupid

Minoa, NY

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Of course some of it is edited - if there was any scripting or coaching it was on how the inmates should try to get through to the kids. I see kids acting like that everywhere so I'm not sure why you assume they were prompted. based on all your posts I'm thinking you may be a former employee that was fired and very bitter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Utica Comettes, Like or Dislike 1 min Jr Comet Touchers 320
Kelly Esche 1 min amazing 49
Utica Jr. Comets Sex Abuse Investigation! 1 min Jr Comet Touchers 5
Silverback Goes Hunting With Knife As Usual Get... 5 min Jr Comet Touchers 7
Esche fired Nikki Todd 6 min Jr Comet Touchers 74
How Come Every |\|iBBER GHETTO IS CRIME DUMP 15 min Pedo Central 23
Only Over A Million Babies Are Abused In Africa... 16 min Pedo Central 12
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 25 min Jr Comet Touchers 953
New hartford is the new east utica 55 min Savage knife hunting 204
Poll Who is the richest man in Utica? (Jun '08) 1 hr Gross 68

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages