Comments
21 - 40 of 52 Comments Last updated Sep 5, 2013
Yikes

Enfield, CT

#21 Aug 23, 2013
Never been to this restaurant but I plan to. The individual that is constantly harping on this place is clearly a disturbed veteran of some sort. I'm a veteran, and this individual gives us a bad name. On behalf of veterans across the county, please except my apology.
Acuris bud

United States

#22 Aug 23, 2013
Yikes wrote:
Never been to this restaurant but I plan to. The individual that is constantly harping on this place is clearly a disturbed veteran of some sort. I'm a veteran, and this individual gives us a bad name. On behalf of veterans across the county, please except my apology.
It's clearly more than one person dumbass. And you're no veteran if you do not support other veterans. The case is cut and dry. The facts are the facts, so you're no veteran you are an unamerican. They attacked vets so please, hippy, go back to smoking some grass and pretending you're trendy sitting on a dilapidated sidewalk in Utica and telling yourself "this is where it's at".

You were doing better pretending it was one single ex employee.
Mark

Rome, NY

#23 Aug 23, 2013
Jen wrote:
You know something? These threads are malicious and defamatory. I find it outrageous that they haven't slapped you with a lawsuit yet. You are so cowardly and miserable to take to this forum to try to bring a thriving business down with lies and nonsense. EVERYONE that I know, and I mean smart, educated and well traveled individuals , live that place. How sad it must be for you to have nothing in your life but misery and unhappiness that you feel the need to do this. Grow up
There are definately a large number of posts here from different individuals that do not cast a favorable light onto this place. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Saying a place is good or bad on a public forum is simp;y an opinion, and no different than saying a movie is good or bad. It is no different than any other sort of review. It is no different than posting on Angie's List or on Yelp. The reasons stated are numerous. One poster has an obvious grudge against this place for slamming the brakes on a veteran's center. All the other posts seem to have issues with the quality of the food. My own opinion of the place is that it is pretentious and of fairly low stature. The food is lacking and the service is terrible. If I felt the experience was otherwise, I would say so. If you like it, then you must be have had a far better experience. You may actually think that this is what an upscale restaurant experience should be. I guess there is one born every minute. If I had to choose between going back to this place a second time, or going to the nearest Chinese Buffet, I would easily choose the latter.
Sammy

Rome, NY

#24 Aug 23, 2013
Acuris bud wrote:
<quoted text>It's clearly more than one person dumbass. And you're no veteran if you do not support other veterans. The case is cut and dry. The facts are the facts, so you're no veteran you are an unamerican. They attacked vets so please, hippy, go back to smoking some grass and pretending you're trendy sitting on a dilapidated sidewalk in Utica and telling yourself "this is where it's at".
You were doing better pretending it was one single ex employee.
WE can tell easily that many of these posts come from the same individual due to the use (over use) of the archaic word "hippy". Nobody else has used this word since the 1960's and I doubt anyone today has any idea what the word is supposed to mean. What, exactly, is a "hippy"?
Diana

Utica, NY

#25 Aug 29, 2013
Sandwich H Christ wrote:
One of maybe 4 decent area restaurants. Upstate NYers hate it because they can't afford it. Same with places like Nola's, Ancora, Wildflowers, etc
awful place, felt like they stole my money. I can afford whatever I want but just awful and I was ashamed for them for the absurd prices for what you get. Went to Nola's today, can't even compare the two.They should close and reopen as a tavern but drink prices absurd also, bartender scaling everything, ridiculous
Diana

Utica, NY

#26 Aug 29, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>There are definately a large number of posts here from different individuals that do not cast a favorable light onto this place. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Saying a place is good or bad on a public forum is simp;y an opinion, and no different than saying a movie is good or bad. It is no different than any other sort of review. It is no different than posting on Angie's List or on Yelp. The reasons stated are numerous. One poster has an obvious grudge against this place for slamming the brakes on a veteran's center. All the other posts seem to have issues with the quality of the food. My own opinion of the place is that it is pretentious and of fairly low stature. The food is lacking and the service is terrible. If I felt the experience was otherwise, I would say so. If you like it, then you must be have had a far better experience. You may actually think that this is what an upscale restaurant experience should be. I guess there is one born every minute. If I had to choose between going back to this place a second time, or going to the nearest Chinese Buffet, I would easily choose the latter.
EXACTLY!!
Santos

Bridgeport, NY

#27 Aug 30, 2013
Two thumbs down. Four if you count my wife's thumbs. Terrible, just terrible. I won't even bother with the details. Suffice it to say the food was nothing to talk about. The portions were not sufficient to satisfy the appetite of an anorexic, and the prices for this crap constitute robbery. Just another reason to stay as far away from downtown Utica as you possibly can.

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#28 Aug 30, 2013
Mark wrote:
<quoted text>There are definately a large number of posts here from different individuals that do not cast a favorable light onto this place. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Saying a place is good or bad on a public forum is simp;y an opinion, and no different than saying a movie is good or bad. It is no different than any other sort of review. It is no different than posting on Angie's List or on Yelp. The reasons stated are numerous. One poster has an obvious grudge against this place for slamming the brakes on a veteran's center. All the other posts seem to have issues with the quality of the food. My own opinion of the place is that it is pretentious and of fairly low stature. The food is lacking and the service is terrible. If I felt the experience was otherwise, I would say so. If you like it, then you must be have had a far better experience. You may actually think that this is what an upscale restaurant experience should be. I guess there is one born every minute. If I had to choose between going back to this place a second time, or going to the nearest Chinese Buffet, I would easily choose the latter.
Saying you don't like something to a person fro Utica instantly means you are super jealous. In their minds anyway. Truly stupid uncultured people with dull communications skills.

“I'm me. Deal with it!”

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#29 Aug 30, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>WE can tell easily that many of these posts come from the same individual due to the use (over use) of the archaic word "hippy". Nobody else has used this word since the 1960's and I doubt anyone today has any idea what the word is supposed to mean. What, exactly, is a "hippy"?
That is just the stupidest defense yet. People use the word hippy every day especially with the "coffee house crowd" that stand around in those places. We went and checked out several of these kids of places and it was all the same.
Paul

Clinton, NY

#30 Aug 31, 2013
Heather knows wrote:
<quoted text>That is just the stupidest defense yet. People use the word hippy every day especially with the "coffee house crowd" that stand around in those places. We went and checked out several of these kids of places and it was all the same.
I think you are confusing the word "hippy" with "hipster". Two different things. KInd of opposites. A "hippy" stereotype is an anti-establishement, anti-capitalism, Vietnam War era protester who wears love beads and likes using mind expanding drugs. This lifeform is now extinct. A stereotypical "hipster" is someone who is trendy, has an I-Phone, I-Pod and I-Pad, and is constantly searching for a Wi-Fi hotspot. Their natural habitat is Starbucks. They are very materialistic and worship Mercedes-Benz.
Cmon

United States

#31 Sep 1, 2013
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are confusing the word "hippy" with "hipster". Two different things. KInd of opposites.\
Wrong. There they're called "Hippiecrites". Get with it and stop being so unobservant. In Utica and a large part of America they're both the same thing in its purest most ironic sense. If you need that explained forget it. It would take too long and you don't come off like you have a real long attention span.

That whole bag lady square is a turn off anyway after they showed the moral cloth they're cut from. Go somefuckinwhere with all this.
Andrea Petrone

Boston, MA

#32 Sep 1, 2013
We love it! I pawned two necklaces last week and we ate like the kings we were when my degenerate husband's father ran petrone and petrone.

We're up to $2, 100 on our bill at Chesterfield again so we gotta do what we gotta do!

Danielle's had to sue us for $800 so we can't go there either...
Sheldon

Durhamville, NY

#33 Sep 1, 2013
Cmon wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong. There they're called "Hippiecrites". Get with it and stop being so unobservant. In Utica and a large part of America they're both the same thing in its purest most ironic sense. If you need that explained forget it. It would take too long and you don't come off like you have a real long attention span.
That whole bag lady square is a turn off anyway after they showed the moral cloth they're cut from. Go somefuckinwhere with all this.
You can find definitions of "hippy" "hippie" "hipster" on Wikipedia and Urban dictionary, as well as Webster's dictionary. They are far from the same thing. "Hipster" actually has two very different definitions as the word had a different meaning in the 1940's than it does today. Utica has to be one of the most uneducated places in the USA. It is far worse than any little town in West Virginia.
Tomato Pie Face

New Hartford, NY

#34 Sep 1, 2013
Sheldon wrote:
<quoted text>You can find definitions of "hippy" "hippie" "hipster" on Wikipedia and Urban dictionary, as well as Webster's dictionary. They are far from the same thing. "Hipster" actually has two very different definitions as the word had a different meaning in the 1940's than it does today. Utica has to be one of the most uneducated places in the USA. It is far worse than any little town in West Virginia.
...and my real name is Cretin or Cliffy which ever you prefer. In either case I'll suck a man's azzzz for a dollar anytime anywhere! Lol.

Signed as his time,
Cliffy the fat moronic no job sh!t eating freak
Rich man

Little Falls, NY

#35 Sep 1, 2013
I was going to go there next week with a group of thirty but not after reading these.
Cmon

United States

#36 Sep 1, 2013
Don't confuse yourselves. Read back and see where anyone but the people defending Traitor and Crooks using the word "hipster". It's YOU comical fking losers that keep on forgetting that that's YOUR view of your rathole in the wall next to a strip club. Hippies timeless personality types you imbecile. Jesus was the ultimate maybe! Hippies are people who stand around talking all this liberal sanctimonious shit while people who actually do things and have to go fuck people up to protect the florists of the world are busy with doing shit. Not standing around planning "occupy" poetry readings and wearing Che Guevara hemp Tshirts. LEAST of all the grant and state/city welfare programs to fund your whole poseur palace and attacks on Veterans.

Do you get it now gasbags? Or do your berets and beards and alcoholism screw with the heat exchange between your dense proud skulls and your brains? What the fk is a "hipster" anyway? "Woooheee! I'm a 'Utica HIPsterrrr'!!! Did you check a theasaurus for a word that could possibly be more singularly self-pretentious? Do you abrasive pinkflag losers ever stop to look at how blatantly desperate all that low self esteem and pro bono astroturfed and self-proclaimed "civic creativity" looks to people who eat and take in real intellectuals places far away from flatland there? And who but the maggots that stand around working on feeble social skills and minor addictions in "boutique hipster wonderland" talks like that? You people can't even come up with anything but the usual off the shelf Utica-issue self hype and you talk like Donna Donovan and any number of the liberal yellow talkers that "teach" in those "high power" "high class" colleges?

So take your stupid strawman fight that insinuates anyone but you pink balloon puffers claimed anyone wandering about at T&Crook "hipster" and your big dictionary copypost and print it; tube up the paper as a funnel and shove it while you go have some "hipster" pound patchouli up your "trendy" repulsive and arrogant zenhippy ass. I have this odd feeling there's plenty of room if "BAG SQUARE" is your crowd. The only self assured heteros on the whole block starting from Tim Reed to Frank Elias is the strip club crowd!

All these bad reviews online and bad press in the news says all anyone really wants to know about Utica Coffee Bagging and Traitor & Crooks. Save that noise for the old ladies reading the OD and watching WKTV. Get your heads screwed on right and your attitudes and problems fixed before you sit around pretending you're sucking down blueberry yogurt and homohummus hotcakes at Sunlight Cafe Seattle! GTFOH with the fairydust!
Sheldon wrote:
<quoted text>You can find definitions of "hippy" "hippie" "hipster" on DURRR!! DURRRRR! DURRRR!! DURRR!! DURRRRR! DURRRR!! DURRR!! DURRRRR! DURRRR!! DURRR!! DURRRRR! DURRRR!! DURRR!! DURRRRR! DURRRR!! etc.
Sheldon

Durhamville, NY

#37 Sep 1, 2013
My goodness, Looking at the previous rant, I'd say we have a bona-fide raving maniac, nut job posting here. Maybe we should all just organize a little get together at Tailor and The Cook, just so we can piss him off some more!
Cmon

United States

#38 Sep 1, 2013
Sheldon wrote:
My goodness, Looking at the previous rant, I'd say we have a bona-fide raving maniac, nut job posting here. Maybe we should all just organize a little get together at Tailor and The Cook, just so we can piss him off some more!
I wouldn't know or care about your "unculture" orgy my man. Party like it's 1969 "hipster"! You make the DURRR! DUUURRRR DURRRR! Sound but maybe one day you and deny a word of it. At least when you flap your lobster claws like that it's funny! Do that again!

The place will be broke and so will the owner with this attitude. Opening a "restaurante" service business in Utica isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the value of your dna. Now go clean your mangina and pretend yu found someone who GAF about you or the average talking gorillas in Utica.
Rich guy

Zion, IL

#39 Sep 2, 2013
Cmon wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't know or care about your "unculture" orgy my man. Party like it's 1969 "hipster"! You make the DURRR! DUUURRRR DURRRR! Sound but maybe one day you and deny a word of it. At least when you flap your lobster claws like that it's funny! Do that again!
The place will be broke and so will the owner with this attitude. Opening a "restaurante" service business in Utica isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for the value of your dna. Now go clean your mangina and pretend yu found someone who GAF about you or the average talking gorillas in Utica.
Lol is utica topix your full time job. Go talk to a therapist man, life is too short.
probably

Utica, NY

#40 Sep 2, 2013
Heather knows wrote:
We went, it was filthy. Another Utica claim to mediocrity.
as filthy as your house, as yous ;seem' to 'know' filth...because you surely don't know 'gourmet' food, let alone, how to spell it! Get a real life, you moron!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters of a word into 3 new words. (Dec '09) 12 min 75 Scorpio 1,866
little league world series 29 min mones jerry curls 10
Where are all the single middle-aged men? (May '12) 40 min joey 78
Utica Comet's schedule just out ! 45 min Dale Cavoli 48
municipal housing utica 49 min False 6
Do you approve of Anthony J. Picente as County ... (Feb '12) 1 hr FRED MILLER 5
utica aud 1 hr Cliffys Pal 130
utica national (Jun '13) 5 hr ditto 522
How is Scott Alger connected to Kim Simon's mur... (Jan '14) 10 hr GRAD -0 52
•••