The Cage Sports bar
yup

United States

#21 Nov 13, 2011
Real aholes in utica. ESP when something nice opens up. then again society is dead. me me me. negativity rules the world
Coco Chanel

AOL

#22 Nov 13, 2011
Let's give it a chance, people!
HA HA

Utica, NY

#23 Nov 13, 2011
Shamrock Lady wrote:
Isn't it the old Track side?
She told ya so
cicero

Cortland, NY

#24 Nov 14, 2011
the kitchen is huge the cook must be really happy to have such a nice kitchen with all the bells and whistles

Level 1

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#25 Nov 14, 2011
I like it wrote:
Wonderful bar food, decent pricing, staff needs some help but it's still new, great atmosphere and great name. Too many domestic beers and more local craft beers would help too. I don't like the fact that it's not a family place. I think down the road they may need to open up the restaurant to all and run it like a regular restaurant if they want to generate more revenue. If they are going to turn people away with kids for lunch and dinner it may not help their stance. Overall I like this place.
I rather like the idea of a "No Kids" place. There are more than enough restaurants where people can take their kids.
billy

Utica, NY

#26 Nov 14, 2011
real good sports bar,great atmosphere,I really liked it there will go back again
Oh My

Sherburne, NY

#27 Nov 14, 2011
Do they really turn families away that bring children? Why????
Second2none

Rome, NY

#28 Nov 14, 2011
It's a bar, what children do you know, that are allowed in a bar?
Hoo Boy

Utica, NY

#29 Nov 14, 2011
"Do they really turn families away that bring children? Why???? "

Because not everyone thinks that screaming, fidgitting, snot nosed little kids are cute. There are many other resteraunts, where you can haunt unsuspecting diners with your brats.
John

Little Falls, NY

#30 Nov 14, 2011
I love it because it's just down the road from my favorite hangout....the fruit loop.
joe

United States

#31 Nov 14, 2011
Great place to watch a game or the ufc fights food is delicious waitresses are alright need improvement burgers are the best around with no doubt owners were also very present and welcoming great place

“Mmmmm Meatballs”

Level 1

Since: Nov 11

Guidoville

#32 Nov 14, 2011
HI. If you're talking about the bar in Utica, it wasn't in the news because have you ever seen the Utica newspaper? To give you an idea, take out the sports section of the Post Standard and that is the size of the entire Observer Dispatch. Uh huh.. seriously.
cicero wrote:
is it really open how come nothing in the news regarding the grand opening ? the name really doesn't make the place sound like a nice bar ? he should have named the bar sinusoids
Jimmy Cracked Corn

Rochester, NY

#33 Nov 14, 2011
I hear Joe George and Zielinski are ready to go there and take on all comers in Bar Fighting 101,
winner gets to meet Cavallo's champ, then face the winner of Thur Saranac Summer bouts.
Fam Sham

Syracuse, NY

#34 Nov 15, 2011
Hoo Boy wrote:
"Do they really turn families away that bring children? Why???? "
Because not everyone thinks that screaming, fidgitting, snot nosed little kids are cute. There are many other resteraunts, where you can haunt unsuspecting diners with your brats.

There is nothing wrong with having dining hours and then no one under 21 after a certain time. This place strictly doesn't let anyone under 21 in but its not a bar it a large restaurant with a small bar. I think this will bite them in the @ss. They are basically saying screw kids we don't like them. When people walk off the train and want a bite to eat and have kids the first place they are going to go to is The Cage. Nice welcome wagon for the area. If it was a "bar" I would get it but it's not. Thank God for Tony's in WM, Packys, Killabrew, and the Harp ALL places with bars , all have similar food but they don't shun families.
Jimmy Cracked Corn

Rochester, NY

#35 Nov 15, 2011
Yeah, as if when someone with kids gets off Amtrak, the first thing they want to do is go to a bar/pub rather than jump into the car of who's pickng them up and get home or visit who they are staying with.

Know why kids shouldn't be in bars? Cuz it's filled with men who go to bars to get away from their own kids, why should they put up with someone else's spawn?
Men Only

Syracuse, NY

#36 Nov 15, 2011
Jimmy Cracked Corn wrote:
Yeah, as if when someone with kids gets off Amtrak, the first thing they want to do is go to a bar/pub rather than jump into the car of who's pickng them up and get home or visit who they are staying with.
Know why kids shouldn't be in bars? Cuz it's filled with men who go to bars to get away from their own kids, why should they put up with someone else's spawn?

It's not a bar its a restaurant and you were a kid once. Not all kids are 3 year old crying brats. Also women go to bars. No women and children, sounds like this place won't last long. Only men beer sports, Sounds like a gay bar for burly homo men.
I agree

Sherburne, NY

#37 Nov 15, 2011
It won't last long if a family with kids wants to have dinner together.
Henry

Utica, NY

#38 Nov 15, 2011
It's a great place to go if your looking for a piece of ass--a nasty one at that and a bad time
The Voice of Reason

New York, NY

#39 Nov 15, 2011
It is a sports bar not a restaurant like the previous owner that had one there. They are not anti family or kids, the owners have kids. Do you really want your kids in an environment where people are drinking, being loud and swearing? If you do then I suggest you stay home. Typical topix people bashing someone else trying to make a living.
Been there

Syracuse, NY

#40 Nov 15, 2011
The Voice of Reason wrote:
It is a sports bar not a restaurant like the previous owner that had one there. They are not anti family or kids, the owners have kids. Do you really want your kids in an environment where people are drinking, being loud and swearing? If you do then I suggest you stay home. Typical topix people bashing someone else trying to make a living.
I have been there and its not a loud brash mans bar its a restaurant apparently people don't know the difference. I must admit I have to agree with Fam Sham the way it's set up its not a bar. I went to the new Sports place in Washington Mill;s , It too has great food and TV's with sports etc, It also has a bar and they serve booze but it has a family section and a place even for little toddlers to play. Its no different than the Cage except the cage is over 21. Don't make this a bad parenting aspect. Kids like sports and food too and many families watch sports and drink beer in front of their kids out or at home. Don't be such a prude. Most Italians , Hispanics and Irish people I know are loud drinkers with lots of kids around. Most people in Utica are as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rob esche getting divorced 2 min Rob WOMAN YELLO E... 48
to WHEELER FAMILY SICK COMMENTS MADE ABOUT YOU 3 min Got your number 10
Uticans and their laughable False Pride! 4 min He Sees Pen Is 6
Billy Wheeler 7 min How fat is Billy Now 29
Guess who didnt graduate from ND 11 min MVCC Castaway Hanna 67
Michael Romanowski finally caught in the state ... 42 min Dog 14
black boitch way too healthy parking in handica... 48 min SHEBOONYELLO 12
Carbone 59 min Hey 21
Proctor graduation 3 hr pears and apples 38
Tony's Washington Mills 12 hr Officer hottie 9