NH AD has destroyed Sports at NH

NH AD has destroyed Sports at NH

Posted in the Utica Forum

Andy

Ithaca, NY

#1 Dec 28, 2013
Can the sport programs at once proud NH High get any worse? The answer is yes as long as AD Alvanos is in charge. He has ruined the majority of sport programs at NH. How you ask? With his bully tactics and playing favoritism. Along with several coaches too. Look how bad the boys and girls basketball teams are now. The girls had only a handfull come out to the team. The JV team only had 8. Nobody cares at NH anymore because of the AD. He has ruined the moral of the school. The boys team cant even score as I watched them play Whitesboro in the worst game ever seen. Football is way down with 4 wins in the last 4 years. Baseball will be next to crumble.
Bystander

Herkimer, NY

#2 Dec 29, 2013
If this is true, why not have him replaced?
Molly

Ithaca, NY

#3 Dec 29, 2013
That is the million dollar question. AD in bed with Super.......that is why.
HAAA

Carthage, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2013
Bystander wrote:
If this is true, why not have him replaced?
oh god ...this is the $64000 question.
1. superintendent will not relieve ad due to the fact that it is alleged the ad has info and visuals of him that will compromise his marriage and standing in the community. He makes 200,000 and under no circumstances does he want to give that up.
He is a slick car salesmen that never truly answers questions directly, denies knowledge of existing problems and passes the buck to his subordinates to answer the taxpayers questions.
He uses smoke and mirrors to address real problems for instance as he did with the athletic advisory board made up of the ad himself! Like having the fox monitor the chicken coop.
He appears to live in a world of denial and assumes the common NH resident is void of intelligence.
He allows state laws to be side stepped( coaching certifications) putting the taxpayers and the board members( i wonder if they realize they will be personally liable) liable when a parent files suit against the district when a non certified coach abuses(in any form) a player.
On and On

2. the board is a bunch of do nothings, except for one member, who only want to be able to say they are on the NH school board. The one member is trying but the odds are stacked against him. Look at the list of board members- all milk toast types that would not confront their own shadow.
Life is all about ones legacy, how they contribute to their community and how they treat their fellow man and that people can say that man was salt of the earth, the epitomy of integrity and always did was right directly without subterfuge. Not the case with the lone ranger and tonto of NH
Sad how self important and omnipotent both the super and ad think of themselves. The world is a big place and they are very unimportant in the grand scheme.
What would you say

Ardsley, NY

#7 Dec 29, 2013
HAAA wrote:
<quoted text>
oh god ...this is the $64000 question.
1. superintendent will not relieve ad due to the fact that it is alleged the ad has info and visuals of him that will compromise his marriage and standing in the community. He makes 200,000 and under no circumstances does he want to give that up.
He is a slick car salesmen that never truly answers questions directly, denies knowledge of existing problems and passes the buck to his subordinates to answer the taxpayers questions.
He uses smoke and mirrors to address real problems for instance as he did with the athletic advisory board made up of the ad himself! Like having the fox monitor the chicken coop.
He appears to live in a world of denial and assumes the common NH resident is void of intelligence.
He allows state laws to be side stepped( coaching certifications) putting the taxpayers and the board members( i wonder if they realize they will be personally liable) liable when a parent files suit against the district when a non certified coach abuses(in any form) a player.
On and On
2. the board is a bunch of do nothings, except for one member, who only want to be able to say they are on the NH school board. The one member is trying but the odds are stacked against him. Look at the list of board members- all milk toast types that would not confront their own shadow.
Life is all about ones legacy, how they contribute to their community and how they treat their fellow man and that people can say that man was salt of the earth, the epitomy of integrity and always did was right directly without subterfuge. Not the case with the lone ranger and tonto of NH
Sad how self important and omnipotent both the super and ad think of themselves. The world is a big place and they are very unimportant in the grand scheme.
If I said NH, especially NH students, take pride in a number of things ASIDE from sports.
warriors

Gouverneur, NY

#8 Dec 29, 2013
just to clarify things.... it is not the AD at all...it is the supt...and the collection of coaches that feel they were wronged...Prue, Callan, Flemma...just go to Props and ask them....the worst part is that the mouthpiece Flemma is on the board trying to bully people
WA WA

Utica, NY

#9 Dec 29, 2013
warriors wrote:
just to clarify things.... it is not the AD at all...it is the supt...and the collection of coaches that feel they were wronged...Prue, Callan, Flemma...just go to Props and ask them....the worst part is that the mouthpiece Flemma is on the board trying to bully people
Point one he is not an AD ,go to the school web site. He is the AC, so you go to Prop's and get the dirt and then come here and post your bar chatter, nice.
Lack of talent

New Hartford, NY

#10 Dec 29, 2013
Did anyone from N H ever stop to think there are just years where the talent levels are down? The AD doesn't play the games
wonder

Herkimer, NY

#11 Dec 29, 2013
IMO this is some drama made up by a frustrated parent whose kid couldn't make a team or play enough to placate the parent. Even NH parents are not detached enough to allow this to go on if true.
Whomever began this should be writing for 'the soaps'.
NH

Great Barrington, MA

#12 Dec 30, 2013
wonder wrote:
IMO this is some drama made up by a frustrated parent whose kid couldn't make a team or play enough to placate the parent. Even NH parents are not detached enough to allow this to go on if true.
Whomever began this should be writing for 'the soaps'.
It is true that talent is down in some of the sports. However, what is said about the AD or AC, whatever he is, and the Supt is true. Unfortunately everyone has something on the other one. No one will do anything because they know they will go down too. As far as the BOE goes, what can they do if no one turns over the info, pictures etc? The BOE probably has all kinds of stuff on them that can bring them down too. No one is willing to risk their own job, credibility, marriage, to see someone else lose theirs.
Wonder

Herkimer, NY

#13 Dec 30, 2013
NH wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true that talent is down in some of the sports. However, what is said about the AD or AC, whatever he is, and the Supt is true. Unfortunately everyone has something on the other one. No one will do anything because they know they will go down too. As far as the BOE goes, what can they do if no one turns over the info, pictures etc? The BOE probably has all kinds of stuff on them that can bring them down too. No one is willing to risk their own job, credibility, marriage, to see someone else lose theirs.
So, what you are saying is that this is all a big secret that no one will tell, but, that everyone already knows about, and will do nothing about?
Doesn't sound very credible to me.
Butch

Ithaca, NY

#14 Dec 30, 2013
warriors wrote:
just to clarify things.... it is not the AD at all...it is the supt...and the collection of coaches that feel they were wronged...Prue, Callan, Flemma...just go to Props and ask them....the worst part is that the mouthpiece Flemma is on the board trying to bully people
You are 100% wrong, AD and Supe the problem along with the coaches(some) that they hire.

Since: Dec 13

Utica, NY

#15 Dec 30, 2013
this is definitely a NH parent who started this because of their kid not playing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a roofer 8 min Need help 1
Pezzolonella on harbor point board 38 min RAndrewCastel 13
please please 49 min move back to mills 3
utica is a huge sink hole 54 min Mr Magoo 1
Pistol Permits in Oneida County 1 hr Bugabuga 47
silver gets 12 years 1 hr Got Off Easy 2
RCIL's Newest Addition Executive Director AKA T... (Apr '14) 1 hr over it 362
WKTV Weather 2 hr ken 52
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages