Utica man who staged crash for insurance benefits sent to federal prison, must pay $1.4 million

Feb 4, 2013 Full story: The Post-Standard 135

A Utica man who staged a 2006 car crash to collect insurance will spend 2 1/2 years in federal prison and be forced to pay more than $1.4 million.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
The Feds

Saint Louis, MO

#131 Feb 21, 2013
The word in utica is there are 20 undercover agents from 5 different government agency. And there going after all corruption and crime and any wrong doing. Its so secretive they don't even speak with any police or agency's in Oneida county. There office is somewhere in Syracuse.
Google that

New Hartford, NY

#132 Feb 21, 2013
What wrote:
Did Farley work at Joe Demme gas station?
Not that I know of but maybe.
Camera

Baltimore, MD

#134 Feb 22, 2013
standup guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. I've had the pleasure of being in Joe's company. I think he is a good man and his children are great too. The whole family was so nice to me. To be honest, I was suprised a guy like Joe tangled with scumbags like Michael Matrulli, Joe Demme and Dave Morgan. What really sucks though is that all this came crumbling down when a sniveling little rat name Jonathan Farley got busted for cocaine and heroin on May 1st: here's the link:
http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top_stories/...
This Jon Farley and Mike Matrulli were literally "butt-buddies" that shared needles and drugs. I know for a fact that when Jon Farley got pinched on May 1st, he ratted out the whole Matrulli, Demme, Dellerba & Morgan thing. He and Mike were mad at each other over some crack crumbs so Jon Farley had nothing to lose and was afraid to do the time himself. I've read the depositions Farley made talking about the details he knew of regarding the scam.
I know what Joe did wasn't right, but something just makes me mad that a junkie like Jon ratting on some shyte like that. I seen the pics of Joe with his grandkids before doing his bid, it's sad.
Everyone talks about what a good guy is after they get caught. The defrauded an insurance company for millions, and its only wrong because they got caught ? It's the rat's fault? Please. Stuff has been going down in this city for years. They've got tape recordings of these guys pulling shot for years. From crack heads to attorneys. They're all in trouble and I can't wait to see some of theses snobs get carted away in handcuffs.
Eyes roll

United States

#136 Feb 22, 2013
Camera wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone talks about what a good guy is after they get caught. The defrauded an insurance company for millions, and its only wrong because they got caught ? It's the rat's fault? Please. Stuff has been going down in this city for years. They've got tape recordings of these guys pulling shot for years. From crack heads to attorneys. They're all in trouble and I can't wait to see some of theses snobs get carted away in handcuffs.
The insurance scam is actually a viable path to wealth for those kind of utica people. Like lottery. In fact they thy think "college" and "lottery" should be interchangeable, to uticans....... they ARE if you go by results alone. Sorry, but it's true.
Its Cretin

New Hartford, NY

#137 Feb 22, 2013
Eyes roll wrote:
<quoted text>The insurance scam is actually a viable path to wealth for those kind of utica people. Like lottery. In fact they thy think "college" and "lottery" should be interchangeable, to uticans....... they ARE if you go by results alone. Sorry, but it's true.
Who thinks "college" and a "check from stepdaddy" are interchangeable?.........Creti n!
turkhunter56

New Hartford, NY

#138 Feb 22, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>your lucky your behind a computer ahole. You could never fill joe dellerbas shoes. He's one of the most respect men in Utica. So stick that up your a$$
joe is my friend and i agree with you best person to have as a friend
Works for a living

Utica, NY

#139 Feb 22, 2013
All I can say is for those of you who see nothing wrong with what was done, are really crazy. What happened to working hard and earning an HONEST living. If you can't keep up with the Jone's on your own merit, then lying, cheating, and stealing are not the way to do it. Too many people have champagne taste on beer money. It is WRONG to fake an accident/injuries just to make money off of the Insurance. Then we wonder why our premiums are so high. I think companies should invest money in private investigators to follow all these so-called disabled people around. A lot of our country's financial problem is because there are so many people out there faking illnesses and injuries so they can sit on their lazy asses and collect money. I'm sure you'll find a lot of 'disabled' people at the casino, but they can't go to work. I know of a cop who is on permanent disability with a back injury who drives straight through to Florida often. If his back is so bad, he wouldn't be able to sit that long in a car. I know several people who are on disability for anxiety but they go out all the time. LAZY ASSES...plain and simple!
What

Utica, NY

#140 Mar 10, 2013
This is the week the hammer comes down.
Thats right

Baltimore, MD

#141 Mar 10, 2013
Works for a living wrote:
All I can say is for those of you who see nothing wrong with what was done, are really crazy. What happened to working hard and earning an HONEST living. If you can't keep up with the Jone's on your own merit, then lying, cheating, and stealing are not the way to do it. Too many people have champagne taste on beer money. It is WRONG to fake an accident/injuries just to make money off of the Insurance. Then we wonder why our premiums are so high. I think companies should invest money in private investigators to follow all these so-called disabled people around. A lot of our country's financial problem is because there are so many people out there faking illnesses and injuries so they can sit on their lazy asses and collect money. I'm sure you'll find a lot of 'disabled' people at the casino, but they can't go to work. I know of a cop who is on permanent disability with a back injury who drives straight through to Florida often. If his back is so bad, he wouldn't be able to sit that long in a car. I know several people who are on disability for anxiety but they go out all the time. LAZY ASSES...plain and simple!
Exactly. I know three people that are collecting disability . I saw two at the parade yesterday and one was walking around with his daughter on his shoulders. Every other commercial on WUTR is a lawyer telling you how much money he can get you if your hurt .
FBI

Syracuse, NY

#142 Mar 10, 2013
We want names of the doctors and rat lawyers involved in this No doubt, this isn't the first time these rats have been involved. Why are these guys not publicized. Who is protecting their rat names.
Thats right

Milford, MA

#143 Mar 10, 2013
It's Utica. The press won't do it. Lawyers and doctors buy the most ads.
Demme

Utica, NY

#144 Apr 25, 2013
So, Farley made depositions? Lets see. POST AWAY. Yeah right. Well never see them
First

Baltimore, MD

#145 Apr 25, 2013
50 agents. 20 agencies. Feds at lawyers offices! Judge bribes . Money laundering. LMAO! You're all crazy

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

Utica, NY

#146 Apr 29, 2013
Works for a living wrote:
All I can say is for those of you who see nothing wrong with what was done, are really crazy. What happened to working hard and earning an HONEST living. If you can't keep up with the Jone's on your own merit, then lying, cheating, and stealing are not the way to do it. Too many people have champagne taste on beer money. It is WRONG to fake an accident/injuries just to make money off of the Insurance. Then we wonder why our premiums are so high. I think companies should invest money in private investigators to follow all these so-called disabled people around. A lot of our country's financial problem is because there are so many people out there faking illnesses and injuries so they can sit on their lazy asses and collect money. I'm sure you'll find a lot of 'disabled' people at the casino, but they can't go to work. I know of a cop who is on permanent disability with a back injury who drives straight through to Florida often. If his back is so bad, he wouldn't be able to sit that long in a car. I know several people who are on disability for anxiety but they go out all the time. LAZY ASSES...plain and simple!
I agree and I would suspect most people would agree. Cynthia Morgan had her own business and was working out of her home. How greedy can you be? I saw her a few times before being arrested. She was shop at The Wine and Liquor store in the North Plaza. Always had a smile on her face. If I had all the money that stole, I could be a happy go lucky person.

Level 7

Since: Apr 13

Utica, NY

#147 Apr 30, 2013
old timer wrote:
Hats off to Progressive Ins. Co. for following thru with a lawsuit against Dellerba which resulted in him being sentenced to a State Prison along with resitution of over a Million Dollars.
Too often, insurance companies don't pursue proscution of these insurance fraud cases leaving the door wide open for others to file claims knowing there is a great chance of getting some "easy" money.
Now they should go after the Doctors that Dellerba used to support his fraud of being "injured"!!!!
I hope this happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dream City Mattress (Aug '10) 8 min Minty 11
Two cops assisnated in NYC 14 min FatLiberalPig 6
Vinny Dier BUSTED for COCAINE SALES and CONSPIRACY 34 min You entertain me ... 4
Mike Callan Family Busted for Drug Sales 35 min You entertain me ... 7
AHL Expanding West 41 min welfare wendy 8
hey booster and camera guy 1 hr nortutica 12
2 cops dead where is Al Sharpten 1 hr hank brackett 7
Shame on Fire Chief Russell Brooks 2 hr The spirit of the... 71
THANKS everyoneWE DID IT Riggies BURNT OUT Lol!! 2 hr ADK 31
Nativity scene at NHFD offensive 2 hr slapanut 52
Parole Officer Incident at Denny's 8 hr Sprung 300
Utica Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Utica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Utica News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Utica

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:35 pm PST

ESPN 1:35PM
Redskins WR Moss docked $22,050 for tirade
NBC Sports 1:37 PM
Washington's Moss fined $22K for abusive language - NBC Sports
NFL 3:27 PM
Santana Moss fined $22,050 for outburst toward ref
CBS Sports 7:33 AM
Giants' Coughlin voices support for offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo
Bleacher Report 5:15 PM
LeGarrette Blount Injury: Updates on Patriots RB's Shoulder and Return
NBC Sports 5:38 AM
Sunday morning one-liners
Bleacher Report 7:00 AM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets: Live New England Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 8:35 AM
New England Patriots vs. New York Jets: Live New York Score and Analysis
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
New York Giants vs. St. Louis Rams: Live St. Louis Score and Analysis
NBC Sports 9:15 AM
Will Revis have "something special" for the Jets this time around?