Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I guess Mayor Rob acting like Top Cop Rob isn't doing very good. And driving that police car around isn't really impressing the criminals. Hey mayor and common council, stop talking crap and acting like big shots and start doing your jobs.

Murder rate is up 700% on your watches and you keep cutting police. You can't plow our streets. You can't pick up garbage right. You can't fill pot holes. The city is bankrupt. WTF are you doing besides just talking?

Increase public safety and public works. CUT everything else, including yourselves.
Just Desserts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

I think the generations of "pubic safety" spending is what bankrupted the society there. Obviously the gilded pensions don't work, much like public sector workers. Public Safety is now 67% of the taxes. Maybe 100% will work LOL! It won't change they're all getting what little they deserve now. Maybe a few more multimillion dollar lawsuits will do the trick.... because they're a club of adult children coveting their little pensions. Way to go guys! You rule the roost when it comes to examples!
Police not blacks fault

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Just Desserts wrote:
I think the generations of "pubic safety" spending is what bankrupted the society there. Obviously the gilded pensions don't work, much like public sector workers. Public Safety is now 67% of the taxes. Maybe 100% will work LOL! It won't change they're all getting what little they deserve now. Maybe a few more multimillion dollar lawsuits will do the trick.... because they're a club of adult children coveting their little pensions. Way to go guys! You rule the roost when it comes to examples!
ok this is all minorities fault. You say police pensions and salaries did this yes because crime is so bad why would anyone be a cop for 30 grand a year and poor benefits to get in foot chases fights and possibly shot when they can work at target for the same. Obviously we know why. The african american way of life has driven up costs. A cop in the 1950s made peanuts cause there was not much black crime and no danger. I am so sick of this discussion look at everrry city. White policeman ruined Detroit to?
Magdalena

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Police not blacks fault wrote:
<quoted text>ok this is all minorities fault. You say police pensions and salaries did this yes because crime is so bad why would anyone be a cop for 30 grand a year and poor benefits to get in foot chases fights and possibly shot when they can work at target for the same. Obviously we know why. The african american way of life has driven up costs. A cop in the 1950s made peanuts cause there was not much black crime and no danger. I am so sick of this discussion look at everrry city. White policeman ruined Detroit to?
Average police salary in Utica, NY is $64,903, which is $13,000 more than the US median income. The police are making significantly more money, while doing a VERY poor job as compared to cities of a similar size.

If you compare Utica's crime rate to other northeast cities, you realize that race is NOT the issue. African Americans make up only 12% of the population, as compared to other similar sized cities in MA, CT, where blacks are 25% of the population with a LOWER crime rate!
Uticas Blank Stare

Mechanicville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2013

Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Average police salary in Utica, NY is $64,903, which is $13,000 more than the US median income. The police are making significantly more money, while doing a VERY poor job as compared to cities of a similar size.
If you compare Utica's crime rate to other northeast cities, you realize that race is NOT the issue. African Americans make up only 12% of the population, as compared to other similar sized cities in MA, CT, where blacks are 25% of the population with a LOWER crime rate!
Don't use facts and logic with uticans. It doesn't work! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

100 Users are viewing the Utica Forum right now

Search the Utica Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
is IT WRONG TO EXPOSE MYSELF AT EAGLE 56 min Utica SamboTech Summit 4
breaking SEM CNC NEWS PUNK SKULL CRUSHED AN MAMMA 1 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 2
jayce enoch 2 hr pretty girl 1
help HOG JOWL STUCK IN GOLD TOOTH 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 18
why DO NEGEROES RA PE BABIES ALL DAY ON AFRICA 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 10
Coach LittleMan is so totally totally fcked now. 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 4
Policelli twins transfering to ND for basketball. 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 43
High rise fire Ufd 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 32
Wetlands permit for Marcy Nanocenter site OK'd 2 hr Utica SamboTech Summit 122
WKTV's new broadcast desk 3 hr Sunny Side Up 72
Irish Fest 3 hr Sunny Side Up 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Utica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••