utica police promotions

utica police promotions

Posted in the Utica Forum

blue balls

Utica, NY

#1 Feb 3, 2014
Now just to be serious you tell me what the heck do all the promotions do to fight crime in the city. The just took a bunch of patrolmen who were patrolling the streets and made them sgts. that now will do nothing , And they made more brass above them who will do less than nothing. These promotions could have been put on hold until more men could have been taken from the academy to fill the shortage on the steet patrol. Please I don't really want to heat the crying now from the leaders that they are short of patrolmen on the streets. How ridiculous are the Utica councilmen and mayor on that move.This move will do nothing to lower crime in Utica but it will surely cost the taxpayers. And please the imbecil who post under the - united states- post don't put your anti white and anti cop remarks on this opinion cause your sick and I don't agree with your hate. My remarks are only meant to be constructive.
Stick it toomey

Massena, NY

#2 Feb 3, 2014
Williams only cares about hos staff so he and jack ass slob toomey do not have to pick up a pen. You would think the above logic would make too mich sense
taxpayer

Utica, NY

#3 Feb 3, 2014
Yea they were crying that the street force was short, so what do they do make appointments of more brass. The mayor and council also sign onto this move. Couldn't they hold off until the new recruits came aboard to fill the shotage. The taxpayer must feel real good to see this bunch get a big jump in pay especially when half of Utica lives below the poverty line. Its a joke and the jokes on the taxpayers. Nobody has a problem with a person moving up the ladder in their jobs but where was the timing in this move.Its like crime now will start going down in Utica with these promotions. This was a perfect time to cut the brass compliment and reorganize the department to fit the Budget that Utica faces. HOW will they pay for all of this down the road. Where are the poor taxpayers living in Utica ,some who cant even afford to paint their houses pay for this. Shame on the common council .
american

Carthage, NY

#4 Feb 3, 2014
Council members do not have say in promotions. It the mayor and police chief. Council members were not even invited to the ceremony.
Totally Useless

Utica, NY

#5 Feb 3, 2014
What really needs to be cut are the useless officers who go to work and want to do nothing all day, including the most useless cop down there Nicole Strife who is out "injured" AGAIN, this time after tripping over her own 2 feet walking upstairs falling flat on her preggo gut!! Yeah the city should be paying for that one!! The city, the dept, and even the dr's know she trying to go out on disability!!!
NYS

Utica, NY

#6 Feb 3, 2014
Unfortunately NYS does a staffing analysis and says how many people need to be in each position (patrol, sgt, LT etc). I believe in order for them to remain accredited they must follow the states recommendations. As far as waiting on the new recruits, they will be there in the next couple of weeks.

Not making excuses for the department, I don't agree with NYS on this or just about anything for that matter but I think they don't really have any option but to promote the individuals.
same old

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 3, 2014
NYS wrote:
Unfortunately NYS does a staffing analysis and says how many people need to be in each position (patrol, sgt, LT etc). I believe in order for them to remain accredited they must follow the states recommendations. As far as waiting on the new recruits, they will be there in the next couple of weeks.
Not making excuses for the department, I don't agree with NYS on this or just about anything for that matter but I think they don't really have any option but to promote the individuals.
well heck with being accredited. Reorganization is due in a city that eventually go bankrupt then the state can come and run things and see just what they want accredited.They can and should reorganize the top brass and tell the state to stick its accreditation where the sun dont shine. Being accredited never stopped LOngo or all the sneaky test taking .Please stop with that stupid excuse.There are many lazzzzy city workers from the dpw all the way to the fd and pd that hide very well in the staffing. A good 20 percent actually do all the work. The other 80 percent are there for the glory.
wish

Utica, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2014
The city needs a public safety comish who will keep the depts on their toes.Someone like al bruni was.A mayor is not the right person as he knows NOTHING about public safety and can easily be swayed into believing what a chief tells him.A mayor likes to promote as it gives him power as friendships are gained at the public expense.
Nikki Next

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 4, 2014
Totally Useless wrote:
What really needs to be cut are the useless officers who go to work and want to do nothing all day, including the most useless cop down there Nicole Strife who is out "injured" AGAIN, this time after tripping over her own 2 feet walking upstairs falling flat on her preggo gut!! Yeah the city should be paying for that one!! The city, the dept, and even the dr's know she trying to go out on disability!!!
Is Mano still banging her?!
NYS

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 4, 2014
same old wrote:
<quoted text>well heck with being accredited. Reorganization is due in a city that eventually go bankrupt then the state can come and run things and see just what they want accredited.They can and should reorganize the top brass and tell the state to stick its accreditation where the sun dont shine. Being accredited never stopped LOngo or all the sneaky test taking .Please stop with that stupid excuse.There are many lazzzzy city workers from the dpw all the way to the fd and pd that hide very well in the staffing. A good 20 percent actually do all the work. The other 80 percent are there for the glory.
I fail to see where I made a stupid excuse for anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Replacement window recomendation 9 min Dave 7
Gordon's Tap Room 12 min Sam Yerdon 14
Is Bill Keeler the real deal ? 15 min Tito 40
Hey Slut Leave Him Alone 32 min Tisha 10
Klotz Lives Well in New Hartford (Sep '09) 37 min Losers 9
Whitesboro cops and teachers who cheat 2 hr Cop man 1
Fitness Mill 2 hr Meathead 3
Home and Car Robberies 2 hr Gotcha 8
How to beat the upcoming NYS vehicle inspection... 13 hr Hidingbehindtinte... 11

Utica Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Utica Mortgages