Caeden Lauber was sentenced to six months in jail.

Posted in the Utica Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Paul

Ithaca, NY

#1 Sep 2, 2009
What a joke. All he did was spray paint a couple buildings and he got 6 months. Kind of harsh isn't it?

“I know nothing!”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Luft Stalag 13

#2 Sep 3, 2009
Look at zee Judge. Nicht gut.

One guy gets 3 years for changing 3 pieces of paper. Zis guy gets 6 months for spraypainting.

Und the killer of his sister in law after smoking crack, vat ist his name, balcomb or luscomb or something something mit comb in it...

He gets probation because somebody knows somebody und just happens to have money.

Ach du lieber, Barry. Und you mock zis poor kid in your courtroom. Gut thinking. He vill probably be reformed und a better person for zis treatment, schnell. Ja, he got zee message.... Next time don't get caught. 6 months? Murder gets a pass but the spraypainter goes to jail? Shtink vie ein shweinstall, Barry.

Und you sucked as a DA too, letting all those car dealers mit der vhite powder get avay. You know, Ed und Frank und zee others.
Kim

Syracuse, NY

#3 Sep 3, 2009
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1750346648/Judge...

Long-locked Louie couldn't even verbalize an audible answer to the Judge's direct question. If this is any example of Lauber's creative verve, then perhaps his artistic future is more inclined to decorating greeting cards. Under the plea deal and youthful offender status, with good time, he'll be out in one stinking month. Perhaps enough time to get acquainted with the bruthas on 'B'block and lose a few pounds between the ears from having to give up your food to those more needy. No doubt his jail stint will shine brightly on his alternative artistic resume'.
Trent

Ithaca, NY

#4 Sep 3, 2009
Kim wrote:
http://www.uticaod.com/news/x1 750346648/Judge-mocks-artistic -graffiti-as-teen-gets-6-month s-in-jail
Long-locked Louie couldn't even verbalize an audible answer to the Judge's direct question. If this is any example of Lauber's creative verve, then perhaps his artistic future is more inclined to decorating greeting cards. Under the plea deal and youthful offender status, with good time, he'll be out in one stinking month. Perhaps enough time to get acquainted with the bruthas on 'B'block and lose a few pounds between the ears from having to give up your food to those more needy. No doubt his jail stint will shine brightly on his alternative artistic resume'.
He got what he deserves.
I heard

New York, NY

#5 Sep 3, 2009
that he is a douche bag pseudo artist that has no idea how the real world works. I have this on good authority.
Upset in Utica

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 3, 2009
The artsie moron did over $40,000 dollars of damage to downtown buildings so he could "express himself"

If his whining mother and dweeb of a father did a better job channeling "juniors artisitic urges" or OFFERED to pay for the damages, I am sure community service would have been offered. Instead, they decried that their poor son was misunderstood and the punishment too harsh.

Please give us break. If he wants to create an eyesore on his mama's Neptune Art Gallery, he should feel free to do so. He has no right to mess around with any other property.

Hope he enjoys OCJ and the claiments put about $40k woth of judgements on him when he gets out.
Trent

Ithaca, NY

#7 Sep 3, 2009
Upset in Utica wrote:
The artsie moron did over $40,000 dollars of damage to downtown buildings so he could "express himself"
If his whining mother and dweeb of a father did a better job channeling "juniors artisitic urges" or OFFERED to pay for the damages, I am sure community service would have been offered. Instead, they decried that their poor son was misunderstood and the punishment too harsh.
Please give us break. If he wants to create an eyesore on his mama's Neptune Art Gallery, he should feel free to do so. He has no right to mess around with any other property.
Hope he enjoys OCJ and the claiments put about $40k woth of judgements on him when he gets out.
I AGREE 100% WITH YOUR WHOLE STATEMENT.$40,000 worth of judgments means he'll be working for free for a couple years.
billythekid

Camillus, NY

#8 Sep 22, 2009
stupid emo kid deserves everything dealt to him,grow up! and sam aversa can bite me!
LilGirlGhost

Watertown, NY

#9 Sep 23, 2009
I understand that it was supposed to be art or whatever but why on buildings?! He could have bought a huge canvas or a bunch of them at Michael's. This kid needs to get a grip.
West Utica

Auburn, NY

#10 Sep 23, 2009
His mom should have gotten 6 years for naming him Caeden.
lolololol

New York, NY

#11 Sep 23, 2009
West Utica wrote:
She's a real peach.......why is she living in Utica when the kid's fathger lives in Westmoreland? Maybe she should have spent more time with him and brought him up right!
Go orange

Auburn, NY

#12 Sep 23, 2009
LilGirlGhost wrote:
I understand that it was supposed to be art or whatever but why on buildings?! He could have bought a huge canvas or a bunch of them at Michael's. This kid needs to get a grip.
You are being duped.

The issue is property damage and "someone" (perhaps the guy's smothering mother) is on here trying to turn it into some kind of "art" or "freedom of speech" issue.

Just looking at him and what he did tells me his art can't have much of a message anyway. This is the trouble with the new "X" generation or whatever they call themselves now. No education. No repect. Do you think that kid CARES how much damage he caused to those people who DID NOT WANT some graffity crap all over their property? I doubt that kid has any repect at all for money and effort.

Maybe, instead of the judge telling the kid how much money his damage was going to cost he should have translated it into something the kid could understand. So instead of saying "You caused $30000 worth of repairwork, he should have said to the kid: "You caused 324 "X-Box games" worth of damage and it would have sunk in.
duke

Jersey City, NJ

#13 Sep 23, 2009
It simple . A person cannot deface property , get caught and then not get punished .
Major Minor

Auburn, NY

#14 Sep 23, 2009
duke wrote:
It simple . A person cannot deface property , get caught and then not get punished .
Excluding DWI troopers that run drunk from arrest and then hole up in their houses. They are allowed.
Stephen

Baldwinsville, NY

#15 Mar 25, 2011
I guess he hasn't learned his lesson yet.

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/UPD-wants-publ...
Laquer

Rome, NY

#16 Mar 25, 2011
Amazing some people get stuck on simple everyday things like spray painting. Didn't anyone ever tell this idiot about topix? I wonder what his future holds he seems to be having difficulty getting over simple things in life like "spray paint".

I wonder if in addition to getting "stuck on spray ppaint" as an intellectual stimulous when he meets his first girlfriend he gets "stuck on puqqY" too? The parents probably coddled this idiot and made "artistic expression" a big deal to him. Now he just needs to go learn what art really is. I bet he couldn't draw a stick figure in real life so they made "graffitti" a big "art" thing to him. Make him pay to get the stuff removed then stick him in jail for a year this time for destroying property again.
mv river rat

Utica, NY

#17 Mar 25, 2011
West Utica wrote:
now thats funny!
Louis

Baldwinsville, NY

#18 Mar 26, 2011
How can you not learn your lesson the first time you got caught and went to jail? He must believe that the law doesn't apply to him. I wonder if all his supporters from the last time will stand by him this time. Maybe now they will see that this kid is nothing but a punk who thinks he's better than the law. Then again it's hard to see with egg on your face.
Huff and Puff

New York, NY

#19 Mar 26, 2011
Must be sniffing aerosol from the spray cans between designs.
Lou B

Rome, NY

#20 Mar 26, 2011
billythekid wrote:
stupid emo kid deserves everything dealt to him,grow up! and sam aversa can bite me!
They aren't really "emo" anymore. All the kids these days are pretty much "bi". The media the parents and schools have become so politically correct they have created a coming generation without any testosterone or manliness. Education hard work and a spine are also optional in this new version of the usa!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How's Judge Gerry Popeo Pusty-O's Mouth Problem? 2 hr Chris Tolles 27
UFD cashes in again! 2 hr onebighappyfamily 19
John F. Kennedy Middle School 2 hr hank hill 5
WUTQElias Eruption On Air! 2 hr TopSecret 3
Mike Callin Son in law Vinny Dier Indicted for... 3 hr Donna 3
Snyder's Subaru Clinton NY 3 hr customer for last... 1
add a word drop a word (Aug '10) 3 hr Honest Babe 5,932
How Much Does H & R Block charge To Do Your Taxes (Jan '09) 6 hr Adam G 571
Anyone witness WKTV 6pm news yesterday? Disaster 10 hr Pat Jizinski 61
News Oneida County Executive Picente Outlines Plans ... 10 hr monicalewinski 33