Local doctor helps save man's life at Heart Run and Walk

Mar 2, 2014 Full story: WKTV 9

A 66-year-old Lewis County man could have lost his life, on Saturday during America's Greatest Heart Run and Walk, after he suffered some type of cardiac malfunction, leaving him without a pulse.

Full Story
Daves Rash Implosion

New Hartford, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2014
Great Riggie Implosion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really a shock. The media there only likes to report the positive where the news should just be reported.
How perceptive Cliffy! Brilliant!!! You are a f'ing moron.
guy

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 4, 2014
Heart Walks Kill wrote:
Wow! They try to play up the positive side about the amazing doctor, EMTs, Police, Volunteers and forgot the tell people he died.
Where were you azzhole they did tell about the guy all along morons:(
Equal Thyme

Oriskany, NY

#6 Mar 4, 2014
Nice going super trooper. You do NOT use a defibrillator on someone in cardiac arrest. A defibrillator is for someone in fibrillation. A person in cardiac arrest needs CPR. People have been watching too many television shows. Thanks Obamacare.
wander

Utica, NY

#8 Mar 4, 2014
stats are very low for people surviving a cardiac arrest
julie

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2014
Equal Thyme wrote:
Nice going super trooper. You do NOT use a defibrillator on someone in cardiac arrest. A defibrillator is for someone in fibrillation. A person in cardiac arrest needs CPR. People have been watching too many television shows. Thanks Obamacare.
What does obamacare got to do with any thing you moron or tv ,tv has nothing to do with reailty bunch of jerks
facts

Utica, NY

#10 Mar 4, 2014
here are the facts:
it was a volunteer firefighter who began CPR efforts.
dr. sklar stated "i was doing CPR and a nurse was administering breaths". FYI, dr. sklar... you were doing COMPRESSIONS.
the heart run is an EVENT, and has NOTHING to do with life saving measures. all of the money raised pays the salaries of local representatives (dick mattia, et al), rent for the building, etc.
this community would be best served to take that $million and put it into our local hospitals. perhaps we would save more lives if the money stayed HERE.
uhhhhh

Herkimer, NY

#12 Mar 4, 2014
facts wrote:
here are the facts:
it was a volunteer firefighter who began CPR efforts.
dr. sklar stated "i was doing CPR and a nurse was administering breaths". FYI, dr. sklar... you were doing COMPRESSIONS.
the heart run is an EVENT, and has NOTHING to do with life saving measures. all of the money raised pays the salaries of local representatives (dick mattia, et al), rent for the building, etc.
this community would be best served to take that $million and put it into our local hospitals. perhaps we would save more lives if the money stayed HERE.
what difference does it make? Nobody got saved. The guy is dead.
insight

Utica, NY

#13 Mar 5, 2014
uhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
what difference does it make? Nobody got saved. The guy is dead.
Guy lived in good health for 48 hrs after resuscitated from cardiac arrest he suffered in street and was fine for 2 days. guy died after another cardiac event at st lukes on monday.
joann

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 5, 2014
Glad I didn't walk the fthing I was home smoking rollies I'm smoking 1 now then I'm going to go suck a black"c" lick his Azzhole eat some kitty

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Utica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tazz Hanna 6 min Ill add 19
Imagine life as a Utica Welfare Comets fan! 22 min Comets Welfare Stars 29
Compassion Coalition- Who's In Charge There? 1 hr ZZtop 6
best place to buy a used car from? 1 hr ZZtop 2
Kachare, Wassel and Kodsy. (Nov '12) 1 hr Sliver 18
bobby mancuso finally fired from UFD 2 hr sam 12
sarah pedulla 3 hr oooh yeah 2
Utica teachers to Kids: Drop Dead 4 hr fyi 36
Working for Carbone 5 hr Sarah 13
Bobby Zumpano - Dave's Big Brother BUSTED 6 hr Happy To Be Alive 15